ME TV On Dish

ION local and the DISH ION are different at times here- not often. We also have GETTV, GRIT, LAFF ,Justice, Buzzer, all local I don't know if they are or are not ever different than DISH. As a guess DISH would not carry METV if they had to make any changes during the day of giving the local programming if different.
I get GetTV and Laff here in Peoria and they are the same channels that are on Dish. Buzzr is also the same.

I get GetTV and Laff here in Peoria and they are the same channels that are on Dish. Buzzr is also the same.
But the question still remains, if Dish delivers those local channels to you over satellite, would they still be allowed to provide the national feed? ION is the only confirmed case, but I wonder if that is a special case since there are both East and West national feeds of ION.

Reactions: TheKrell

Same programming or same channels - as in does DISH carry them as locals for you or the programming is the same on DISH as it is via your OTA antenna. I believe Laff TV sometimes in the early morning hours has an occasional local 1/2 commercial that the DISH Laff does not but that's the extent of it. As I mentioned ION can be different at times.

But the question still remains, if Dish delivers those local channels to you over satellite, would they still be allowed to provide the national feed? ION is the only confirmed case, but I wonder if that is a special case since there are both East and West national feeds of ION.
I would assume so only if the national feed is the only feed the channel has.

Same programming or same channels - as in does DISH carry them as locals for you or the programming is the same on DISH as it is via your OTA antenna. I believe Laff TV sometimes in the early morning hours has an occasional local 1/2 commercial that the DISH Laff does not but that's the extent of it. As I mentioned ION can be different at times.
Its the same has over the air.

It's entirely possible if you already get the channel as a local DISH won't provision your account for the DISH channel even though they do for ION. What I feel will not happen is what is described that Direct TV may do - give you the Satellite channel but change programming just for your market during the day. But if the channel is not provided as a local by DISH the long list of those channels I get both from DISH and OTA says there is no problem giving a market a channel from DISH they can get OTA.

Here's what I see happening. Dish will turn on the national MeTV feed for everyone with a qualifying package. Then as contract renewals come up with local channel owners who own local MeTV affiliates delivered by Dish, the national channel will be turned off in those markets.

The channel licenses itself out to be carried by other TV stations as subchannels. They also license themselves out to be carried by the satellite companies.

Ultimately it is their signal and they can license it to whoever they want to carry it.

Who knows the could even be paying DISH to be carried. Ya never know. :D

Reactions: TheKrell and Juan
Here's what I see happening. Dish will turn on the national MeTV feed for everyone with a qualifying package. Then as contract renewals come up with local channel owners who own local MeTV affiliates delivered by Dish, the national channel will be turned off in those markets.

I would think locals have already thought about that and have it in their contract. But then again who knows...

The channel licenses itself out to be carried by other TV stations as subchannels. They also license themselves out to be carried by the satellite companies.

Ultimately it is their signal and they can license it to whoever they want to carry it.

Who knows the could even be paying DISH to be carried. Ya never know. :D

Any new info you have on it's being turned on?

Yes some markets are lucky to have MeTV on Dish in their local channels. Some of the markets are New York, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Paducah, KY, and most recently St. Louis. I know Paducah, KY also has Antenna TV.
You can add Seattle to that too, both Heroes & Icons as well as METV are iincluded.

Not added today to the uplink report with the changes noted. So we're in a Soon™ holding pattern.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)