Media Center and Dish Network News

Sigh.

Anyway, Lord Vader, you still won't have the great ViP series DVRs.

:)

@ Dish Network....

I don't hate Dish or anything. I think I've actually "toughed it out" longer than I should have.

I am paying at least a $45 to $50 premium over a FIOS internet / TV deal (at least for the first 2 years. )

Not to mention that about $25 of that is for the 722 DVRs that lately have been very unreliable. I get duplicate recordings ( 9xxx and 1xx ) of the same show. Sometimes it misses a show and has no explanation of why in the history. About every 6 months, one of them burn up the HDD and I have to start over with the new one. I have to record the shows I really want to see on both DVRs because there's no multiroom viewing. Although thats not so bad since there's a 50-50 chance it won't record it or fail anyway.

I thought I would setup all of my timers again through the sling.dish site, but every timer I did that way was corrupt. I set them all to "keep 5" shows and they only kept 1. It even said 5 when I checked the timer on the DVR. Some of the titles didn't match at all. I put "Tom and Jerry" on the web site and the timer had 1 hit. I deleted it and put "Tom and Jerry" on the remote and got a couple dozen hits. I ended up deleting all 40+ timers and re-keying them from the remote. Of course, this is all when I can stay logged into the site for more than 10 minutes at time.

I call tech support and they want me to reboot, stand on one foot, open an umbrella inside and rub a rabbits foot to get a replacement. What does my internet explorer settings have to do with a bad HDD in my DVR anyway?

Even after all of this I still "like" Dish, but its getting hard.

/RANT / SARCASM. :p

Last edited:
I call tech support and they want me to reboot, stand on one foot, open an umbrella inside and rub a rabbits foot to get a replacement. What does my internet explorer settings have to do with a bad HDD in my DVR anyway?

Thats all they wanted you to do? They wanted me to reboot, stand on one foot, open the umbrella, rub the rabbits foot and sacrifice a chicken while at the Grand Canyon during a thunder storm. Talk about impossible, but I still got my replacement 612.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)