Media Share??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Playon Directv

I've got mediashare and MRV. One HR20-700 and one HR23. My MRV and mediashare both work correctly, but my issue is video on mediashare. I've got audio working. but anytime i try video with playon it just goes to a blackscreen and times out. I can see all the menus and folders correctly, everything seems perfectly normal until i click to play a video.

I tried tversity and i can get video and audio both to work. not sure exactly what's going on. I like tversity, but having pandora and netflix in playon is pretty nice. Anyone ever seen this before?
Thanks.

I couldn't get Tversity to work at all. I know playon requires VLC media player so make sure you have that installed. My HR24 will play any format of video I have thrown at it.

My HR24 will play any format of video I have thrown at it

Really? Lucky you. I've tried some MP4 and WMP and they won't play. :( Not big deal though, I just wanted to play the MPEG shows I got from my Dish Network receivers and they play well. :)

Really? Lucky you. I've tried some MP4 and WMP and they won't play. :( Not big deal though, I just wanted to play the MPEG shows I got from my Dish Network receivers and they play well. :)

Yea, just tried WMV and no issues. So far I have tried MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV and MP4. They all play without issue as long as the bitrate is below 7,000. Or else it will be a bit choppy.

Does the HR23 support the same Video formats as the HR24? I ask because I am able to play a M2TS file on my receiver, but a friend is unable to.

Different firmware versions? There have occasionally been some tweaks. The bitrate could be an issue (<5 Mbps seems to work pretty well for me). Does the file show a movie camera or an X?

I'm a new subscriber myself with a couple week old HR24. Been playing with this since the beginning. It is a little slow pulling off of my server (WHS) but adequate for songs and pictures. Video is restricted to MPEG but my buddy got it working quite well with a lot of other formats using TVersity. I haven't played with it myself but will be looking to give it a try once I rebuild my test computer.

The DVRs only recognize MPEG2 videos. Tversity, Playon and some other server software can transcode other formats so they can be played. Likewise, the DVRs will only show JPEG pictures. Audio files can be either LPCM or MP3 (MP3 was recently added, although most servers, including WMP, will transcode them).

My HR24 has some issues with Media Share which don't exist on my HR21 or H24 but there are different issues with different server software (??).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts