Meet the DIRECTV ENTERTAINMENT Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
RSN's were never going to be in it. Per post 1

it does not include specialty sports (Local RSNs) that are limited to coverage of specific teams

I know. Just stating why it is not appealing to me.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

As an existing customer, might be wrong but actually looks like a wash to me.

Locked into 2011 prices so $65 for Choice Xtra with free hd or $55 for Entertainment + $10 for HD.

As an existing customer, might be wrong but actually looks like a wash to me.

Locked into 2011 prices so $65 for Choice Xtra with free hd or $55 for Entertainment + $10 for HD.

I thought Entertainment package qualified for the free HD?

So I got HD free for life, but now they are just going to charge me $20 for a HD Advanced receiver?

Did anyone else notice these discrepancies on the Premier list?

- Discovery ch is NOT listed in HD; obviously it IS - think the HD got printed above it on the DTV Sports Mix channel
- ESPN Classic IS listed in HD; interesting, considering it's NOT even broadcast in HD yet, or even been announced
- HBO Latino is listed as HD ONLY; it's still very much in SD as well (albeit on 119...but they have OTHER 119 channels listed as well)

I thought Entertainment package qualified for the free HD?

Iceberg, I thought that the free HD was only for new customers. In the past, Choice Xtra was the lowest package that qualified for free HD so figured it would be the same for existing customers on new packages.

hope not. I'll be pissed if I lose CBS Sports and NHL Net

Also those religious channels are in all packages so they may not show in the list but will be

I'm with you on this one, Iceberg. Moving NHL Network to Choice Ultimate and CBS Sports to Premier is just wrong.

Last edited:
They better not roll the MRV into the package, not everyone with DVR's have MRV.

According to the first post here

Notes:The Advanced Receiver (ARS) service is added even if the customer doesn't have a whole-home solution. If they upgrade to a whole-home solution in the future, the ARS service remains at only $20/month. This however will only apply to NEW accounts created after Feb 9, 2012.

Its like Americas Top120, but with BET and some of the more popular channels in AT200.

I like it.
EXCEPT - it costs the same as top 200 with less as far as I can tell. (once rebate is done) Now less does not always mean worse, I didn't do channel for channel comparison. To be fair it is possible that set of channels is what someone wants over the Dish 200 package.

Last edited:
coolman302003 said:
According to the first post here

Notes:The Advanced Receiver (ARS) service is added even if the customer doesn't have a whole-home solution. If they upgrade to a whole-home solution in the future, the ARS service remains at only $20/month. This however will only apply to NEW accounts created after Feb 9, 2012.

That's good, I haven't been a New Sub in many years.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Looking at the current Choice Extra and comparing to what you posted for the new lineup. The new Choice Extra will be missing the following channels that are currently on the current one:

BYU - 374
Boomerang - 298
CBS Sports - 613
Chiller - 257
Cloo - 308
GEB - 363
Golf - 218
INSP - 364
NHL - 215
Sprout - 295
Style - 235
Tennis - 217

I don't know if they will also drop these channels from the classic Choice Extra as well
I missed BYU when I was comparing the two lists last night. BYU is staying in Extra

This is what I now have. Let me know if I missed anything else

Moving to Ultimate:

Boomerang - 298
Chiller - 257
Cloo - 308
GEB - 363
Golf - 218
INSP - 364
NHL - 215
Sprout - 295
Style - 235
Tennis - 217

Moving to Premier:

CBS Sports - 613

Now the question is, will the classic Extra package still include these channels?

Last edited:
Supposedly the classic Extra pack will still have these, but you have to wonder since they are keeping these things pretty close to the vest. Today is the last day you can make changes to stay in a classic pack.

Did I miss something, NHL network moving to ultimate? Are they grandfathering others channels like they are sprout?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)