Meet the DIRECTV ENTERTAINMENT Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just to add to the discussion re sports in this package. Given that it's the entertainment package, it makes sense that you have espn & espn 2 and nothing else. They're more entertainment than sports these days IMO.

Sports consumes massive $$$ in terms of programming costs so unfortunately if you're like me, and want to watch specific sports then you ain't going to find it in a lower tiered package.

understatement of the day ;)

If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have looked at that package again. You kinda believe their website when it shows some channels missing from the packages.

Thanks for the heads up...need to rework my numbers again between the two providers.

Wouldn't let me keep free HD to move into this package. Staying with choice extra classic for $4 more than this package would run me. I'd get this one if I was a new customer though!

It would be nice to be arguing about not getting an RSN with the E pack in this here thread but we in Philly don't get an RSN with any package.. :(

I also noticed there were channels that I watch that weren't listed on the site. I called up and found out that all of the channels I watch were included. I switched to the entertainment package yesterday and all my favorite channels are still there. In particular, SYFY and FX are included.

Iceberg said:
clicking the "print my channel list" Nick is the last one on the list....so yeah its still being worked on

You would THINK with the adjustments coming up (they know this ahead of time) that they could get the correct website info up, the Day OF.

Not like they decided to do it Tuesday night.....:-(

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I also noticed there were channels that I watch that weren't listed on the site. I called up and found out that all of the channels I watch were included. I switched to the entertainment package yesterday and all my favorite channels are still there. In particular, SYFY and FX are included.

can you go through the list and verify what you have is the same as what Scott posted as the list channel wise?

can you go through the list and verify what you have is the same as what Scott posted as the list channel wise?

I am not at home currently, but I did go back to the web site and the channel lineup seems to be correct now.

You would THINK with the adjustments coming up (they know this ahead of time) that they could get the correct website info up, the Day OF.

Not like they decided to do it Tuesday night.....:-(

they must have hired Dish's internet guys....after all the "new" Dish they list channels in HD that they dont carry and even better list HD available on plans that can't have HD added (like Welcome Pack)

I have had one replaced, it actually did have a bad port. I could still use it with component, but that is not how I wanted it hooked up. I called, told them that, and they replaced it. They even waved shipping.

I dont think you would have any problems at all. The "problem" could be intermittent you know.

Ice, you could also say you got a new 3D tv and you need a 3D capable box. I did that recently as one of mine was not 3D capable. They sent it right out.

I might have to do that route. Because right now the rep I spoke to gave me what I think is bad info

So I called them and after the 1st rep gave me bunk (really bad info on the HR34) I called back and got a nice guy. I explained what I had (and he understood) and asked him that could I exchange a R22 for a "legit" receiver and I'd send back the other 2 receivers but I didnt want an extension. He told me it would be considered an "upgrade" and there would be a 24 month agreement. I dont understand how that would be an upgrade as the R22's have HD on them.

Also he claims if one went bad they couldnt send out a HD DVR...ummm my R22 IS a HD DVR...its "Special" ;) I told him if I was going to upgrade. I'd get "that 5 tuner monster" :D

Called and spoke to technical help who gave me the best answer yet. The R22 since they still use them sometimes on SD only accounts (and MPEG4 accounts) they still have some. If the R22 took a dump I'd get another R22. Simple as that. The only way to get a HR is to 2 year agreement it and I really dont want that.

so for fun I went through both Xtra Classic and Entertainment to see what channels I'd miss...then I went through which ones I really watch and hmmm....it all goes back to the "man's programming package" that I wish they'd create ;)

Big Ten Network
CBS Sports Network
ESPNU
Great American Country
MLB Network
NBCS
NFL Network
NHL Network
Speed Channel
VH1 Classic

and GAC is one of those "nothing on TV so I turn it on" channels (kinda like Vh1 classic)

Iceberg said:
so for fun I went through both Xtra Classic and Entertainment to see what channels I'd miss...then I went through which ones I really watch and hmmm....it all goes back to the "man's programming package" that I wish they'd create ;)

Big Ten Network
CBS Sports Network
ESPNU
Great American Country
MLB Network
NBCS
NFL Network
NHL Network
Speed Channel
VH1 Classic

and GAC is one of those "nothing on TV so I turn it on" channels (kinda like Vh1 classic)

Those you listed are in the Classic, but not Entertainment ?
Thank You, I'll be keeping my Grandfathered TC+/ Extra Classic package.

Q. Is the TC+ = to the Extra Classic or is there also a EC+ ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)