Memo from VOOM Management to Emplyees

Sean Mota said:
Watch this week to see any new channels are added.

Yes, I can see James walking by telling telling the employees to stop the programming uplinks and replace them all with a public service announcement. Five minutes later Chuck walks by telling the employees to get off their butts and get several new channels on the air. So by the end of the week we have 200 SD and 70 HD public service channels for our viewing pleasure!

jeslevine said:
reading the threads at satelliteguys is better than television

That's for sure,

I just got Voom last month, found this board by accident yesterday, and registered this evening. Needless to say haven't seen too much on Voom this evening as interesting as Satguys.

seriously, no matter how screwed up the mixed messages are, we are still an asset as customers, and I believe this is part of the negotiations with the programming

and the latest news is the following:

LOS ANGELES, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Monday it will close down its VOOM business after failing to reach a deal for VOOM HD LLC to buy the business, assets and liabilities of Cablevision's Rainbow DBS satellite business.

But VOOM HD LLC said it was prepared to finance the continued expansion of the VOOM satellite service. Supported by the family interests of Charles and Thomas Dolan, VOOM HD, LLC has advised Cablevision it continues to be interested in completing a transaction on the terms and conditions of the letter of intent into which the two companies entered several weeks ago.

The letter of intent between Cablevision and VOOM to pursue such a deal expired Monday. Rainbow was not included in Cablevision's deal to sell some satellite assets to EchoStar Communications Corp (DISH.O: Quote, Profile, Research) . Cablevision plans to provide the VOOM service for a transition period of a minimum of 30 days, and is also encouraging employees whose jobs would be affected by the closure of VOOM to pursue other jobs at the company.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuo...tfh53204_2005-03-01_01-45-23_n28310231_newsml

hang in there voomers, the letters seem to have gone public

It would be nice if the right hand knew what the left hand was doing. It is a great workplace, but the uncertainty is grueling.

I feel for the cx care people tomorrow when they get 20,000 disconnect requests and can't waive the termination fee without authorization.

why would they get 20000 disconnect requests

MergaTroy6 said:
It would be nice if the right hand knew what the left hand was doing. It is a great workplace, but the uncertainty is grueling.

I feel for the cx care people tomorrow when they get 20,000 disconnect requests and can't waive the termination fee without authorization.

most voomers have been through this game already, and they have nothing to lose by waiting to see what happens. In addition, new subscribers probably do not even know what the news is, only the old timers, and they aren't so easily scared

MergaTroy6 said:

Personally, I don't see too many people asking for a disconnection right now. I think most people will take into account last months uncertainty and simply wait and see what is really happening. Anyone that wanted a disconnection would have asked for it by now, I would have thought.

1080iBeVuMin said:
"The Board of Directors of Cablevision has been unable to reach an agreement with certain Class B shareholders regarding the sale of the VOOM business..."

Possible translation: "It isn't me that's shutting down your business, Pops. It's those Class B shareholders."
Small note ... those shareholders included "Pops". :D So it's not those Class B shareholders shutting it down. It is "that kid who can't reach an agreement with his brother and pops".

JL

MergaTroy6 said:

And why would they be getting 20,000 disconnect requests?

Tahoerob said:
Now, if only Voom would sell the DVR to Dish so that Dish can have a HD DVR that WORKS!!!

You're kidding, right?

Voom doesn't "own" a DVR. They are contracting to have one built. It's Motorola who does the hardware.

Stop by SatGuys to see what was going on before signing up tonight and I read this. I think I'll still sign up since I will requested a installation date for over two weeks out when I'm off work for March madness.

The only thing that is clear right now is that CVC is not going to lose one penny on VOOM in Q2. One way or another they will be rid of VOOM by 3/31/05, either by turning it off or finally reaching an agreement to sell the assets (or give them away) to someone like Dolan Sr.

mike123abc said:
The only thing that is clear right now is that CVC is not going to lose one penny on VOOM in Q2. One way or another they will be rid of VOOM by 3/31/05, either by turning it off or finally reaching an agreement to sell the assets (or give them away) to someone like Dolan Sr.
Some of the shutdown costs will extend more into the next quarter. I wouldn't be suprised if they spread it out to the end of the year. Not all bills stop when you turn off the lights.

JL

Anybody looked at their bill lately? I just got mine and it is really wierd, I am only billed for a partial month. My bill is normally ~$64.00 but now it is only $6.71. Have they readjusted their billing date or do they have a go dark date already in mind?

I'm beginning to think the CVC board is made up of a bunch of buffoons. If you have a buyer for the assets who will also assume your liabilities, why in the hell would you shut the doors and get basically nothing?? This looks more and more like a personal vendetta against Sr. The CVC shareholders should be holding the board's feet to the fire to get some answers on this mess.

Fortunately my credit card expired last month, so I don't have auto-pay anymore. For my most recent bill I paid on-line and am paid up till March 7th. I think I am going to wait until April 7th. If it goes dark I'll send no payment, if it stays on I'll pay for the March 7th to April 7th period. With all this mess going on I'm not about to pay for services a month in advance if we don't know if it will even be on for the period.

Trying to get your money back from a closed business is a real pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)