Mercury II vs Coolsat 5000 vs Pansat 3500SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Club Chapin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
I'm getting ready to invest in a FTA system. I'm going to purchase a motorized 120cm dish and a reciever with component video output.

I've read the reviews and discussions of these three recievers (Mercury II vs Coolsat 5000 vs Pansat 3500SD). While reading each of the reviews, the subject of the review seems like the one to get, until I read the next review.

I think that there is stuff that i do not understand and the discussions that follow are helpful but also add to my confusion. you guys get down to some seemingly nit picky and tweaky details. I love it!

Is there a place that has side by side comparisons of these?

Or, could someone help make some recommendations of which they would choose over the others and why?

Thanks, Pete

I think the decision you make between these 3 receivers will be a good one. Each receiver is a great receiver to have. Each receiver can do something the other 2 can't do. Each receiver can do what the other 2 can also do, but will do it differently. It's too hard to say which one is the best of the 3. I can honestly say, you won't go wrong with any one of them. All 3 are excellent choices. Good luck on your decision. I know it's not easy.

Al

I've had a Coolsat 5000 for 6 months and I'm very happy with it, I'm waiting for big improvements in future FTA receivers to justify buying something different.

I bought it because the blindscan was quicker than other FTA receivers, though now I know that it can miss some channels when scanning, I believe I made a good choice for my 1st receiver.

I have a fortec ultra and a satwork 3618 right now. the next receiver I plan on getting is the fortec mercuryII to replace the satwork for c band reception.:)

I think that I've decided to purchase the Pansat 3500SD, although all are similar in feature and function and it is basically splitting hairs between them. I've attached a spreadsheet I used to compare these.

Pete

Attachments

• IRD Comparison.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 163
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts