MeTV and ThisTV coming to KU Band this week!! (eh maybe not)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wish I had the money to bring them up on Ku even if it was for a short time at 4:44 on the 4th just to see Iceberg's jaw hit the floor.

Last edited:
so now that its almost over

yes its a APRIL FOOLS DAY! joke

Although it would be really cool if it did...sadly the original post is fake. I figured if I did 4/4 at 4:44 that would be more believable than saying 4/1 ;)

So back to our regular programming

That's what made the post so believable (and such a beauty of an April Fools post), the heartfelt walk down memory lane, and the sad fact of all the major losses that had occurred (enough to get anybody discouraged with FTA). It was truly a masterpiece!

yeah I gotta admit even a year later that one still was a piece of work

So who puts you up to this garbage? Or you just naturally a jerk?

I can see you in a starving 3rd world country on the back of a flat bed throwing sacks marked "Rice" and open them and they are full of packing peanuts. And then you'll say." maybe you guys could build a FedEx Kinkos now".

Or at a nursing home hooking up helium to all the emphysema patient air tube and pee yourself as they talk like chipmunks while turning blue...dang this stuff is funny.

of course it is unspeakable. The fact is Iceman is a jerk of Biblical proportion... a real Nimrod.

He pulls these jokes on the gullible and every year and doesn't care how he crushes their gullible hopes and gullible feelings of those who are gullible.

Seriously...who the hell pissed in your cereal this morning?
First off flaming staff is not the best of moves.
Secondly its 4/1 so I was having a little fun out there. Kinda like tonight when someone called in at work to order the product he saw on TV (if you havent read other threads I have had a job now for over a month at MyPillow call center in Carver) and sounded like the Count from Sesame Street. So I went along with it. He ordered a couple pillows :)
Thirdly if you're gonna get so pissy then why be here? Seriously.

So let me ask you this.....what is the difference between what I did here 24 hours ago and a few years ago when Equity was up on 123W and every time a storm went through Little Rock someone posted "oh my god Equity is gone" and got everyone up in a bunch about the channels possibly leaving. Lets see get everyone excited. Thats what makes this place great is we can have fun like this and not be so "stiff" and "by the book".

Good god man it was April Fools Day. Have a little fun. I guess your mad because you couldn't come up with something like that. Heck last year I even thought MYSELF I was leaving with that thread I made.

And for the record, your post #31 was way out of line. The only reason I wont delete it is because people responded and it makes you look like the...whats the word you used...oh yeah NIMROD

Consider yourself gullible Iceman.

Who the heck would connect helium tanks at a nursing home on emphasema patients to hear them talk like chipmunks as they turned blue? Packing peanuts to the starving???? Come on thats funny right there. It's dark but it's funny.

The Biblical overstatement and the highlit word "Gullible" had to have clued in at least 92.5% of those who read it.

I hope you dont think Jerk and Nimrod are the best names I could come up with. I went to Normandale for 3 years.

I was going to say also, but this blew up too soon, was I was canceling our date this coming Sunday, to put a c-band in my yard and I didn't care if you were gonna do it for free.

Or are you trying to get me back with my own humor?

Last edited:
My time must be off... Timestamp for the original post was 11:22 p.m. March 31st Central Time...

Since Iceberg lives in Central Time as I do, I assumed the post was valid... Guess its time to check my board settings ;) ...

EDIT: Had to change my settings to always DST... Apparently the board didn't recognize the fact that we're now in DST.

I'm always glad when April 2nd comes along!

Last edited:
Sure to go down as a classic for Fool's Day pranks . it's just gonna make it that much harder next year ?

Seems some folks out there forgot........IT"S JUST TV!...........geeez
Say it with me...It's just TV, It's just TV, It's just TV.......there, better now?

I'm still put off by the programming I lost on DC II and can not get on ANY band, but I dont loose sleep over it. If you cant get these with your existing setup, or put up the right stuff to do so, get over it.
It's a hobby, if you want guarantees, call the greedy b*stards at your local pizza, cable, WIFI, or FIOS outlet.

Freeze, I may have over reacted, however, in one third world country, the enemy took empty NGO supplies sacks and loaded them with IUDs, not packing peanuts. And before that, in a hospital in the north, someone did put the wrong bottle on the oxygen line to ICU and the operating room. So those were not funny to me, because, yes, people did die. My response was regarding the statements - not aimed at you.

I think it was very clever and I appreciate the humor! And btw, I appreciate all you contribute year round to this great website!
And as a KU only person, I would LOVE to have those 2 chs. show up n KU, although THIS I get OTA.

Freeze, I may have over reacted, however, in one third world country, the enemy took empty NGO supplies sacks and loaded them with IUDs, not packing peanuts. And before that, in a hospital in the north, someone did put the wrong bottle on the oxygen line to ICU and the operating room. So those were not funny to me, because, yes, people did die. My response was regarding the statements - not aimed at you.

Those are horrible. I absolutely was being fictitious and had no intentions to tie those together. I didn't even know that happened before.

Equating a mass murderer to a prankster, equating a Biblical king that screwed up us having a unified World to an April Fools joker over what... free television that is already available to many of us OTA. Come on, my ridiculous over-reaction had to seem ...well...ridiculous and unbelievable.

Pretending to flame the staff is much funnier than doing the same to a fellow member. Especially when said staff has a history of pranking..

This is why I hate text messaging, so much flavor, tone and context is lost. Sarcasm is much funnier in person.

I wish they were on KU too although I do get both on OTA. But since they are subchannels its harder to record than if it was on FTA :)

Freezy the difference between my posts and your original one is my post got buzz and wondering and we had a little humour in it. Yours pissed a lot of people off and I got e-mails, PM's and reported posts from folks about it.

I'll post more tonight internet pending (my internet is down at home...)

..............Pretending to flame the staff is much funnier than doing the same to a fellow member. Especially when said staff has a history of pranking..

This is why I hate text messaging, so much flavor, tone and context is lost. Sarcasm is much funnier in person.
I totally agree. Text msgs are the poorest way to communicate, regardless of the masses that have become deluded into thinking otherwise. The absence of tone, inflection, etc makes joking comments and sarcasm difficult to communicate without being misunderstood. All things considered, methinks pretending to flame the staff is living on the edge though.......
I'm not much of a prankster, and I do think some carry things too far, but this prank was not harmful (or cruel)) and should have been expected, if not predicted, given the history.....
I do acknowledge a C band system is not viable for some, but none of those reasons are the uplinkers fault. They utilize available satellite resources to their advantage, and more often than not C band is the best option for them. I suspect, for whatever reason, most without a C band feed have chosen to be in a restricted area......
(sarcasm alert)
IOW if one wants C band....MOVE!
(end sarcasm)
PS - It's ONLY Teee Veee........lol

Last edited:
I wish they were on KU too although I do get both on OTA. But since they are subchannels its harder to record than if it was on FTA :)

Freezy the difference between my posts and your original one is my post got buzz and wondering and we had a little humour in it. Yours pissed a lot of people off and I got e-mails, PM's and reported posts from folks about it.

I'll post more tonight internet pending (my internet is down at home...)
Hey 'Tone...Literally i LOVE the work you do here. Like I said. I thought my ridiculousness was very apparent. When I was able to see the "forest was burning" I pulled it back. If you are ticked at me, that's cool. That is the price I pay for taking "buzz" to wildfire. I'm the jerk..

Does this mean you wont be up this Sunday to trench in and install a c-band at my house for free?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts