MeTV making some programming tweaks at end of month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was looking at Netflix last night, and watched the first "Gunsmoke" episode, it was the older b/w version of what was later named Marshal Dillon (I think). They are 30 minute episodes, and should just fit the bill nicely. There are 100 of them listed on Netflix.

If memory serves me correctly, your computer feed things to all the rooms, so, if you haven't already joined Netflix, try their 30 day free offer, see if you like it. If you really REALLY need a coupon for their free 30 day 'gift,' send me a PM and I'll be happy to provide one for you.

At least you'll be able to record the shows and have them for "whenever."

Photto

Cool beans!

I have a WD video player box thing. I forget the exact name of it at the moment, my mind isn't functioning very clearly these past few weeks and I sort of forgot about the little booger. It has Netflix built in. I'm also shopping for a new TV, probably going to purchase early next year and I'm making sure it has web apps built in.

I'm really quite amazed that I took a shining to a Western, of all things... :confused:
I really don't like violence, portrayed or real, and living like they did back then, I just couldn't do that, I can't even imagine it.

But Marshal Dillon sort of grows on you. He's a GOOD guy and he's kind easy to look at. Most of those cowboys are awful looking brutish cavemen. Marshal Dillon, hmmmmm.... Yeah... :cool:

Dee-Ann, I have a very extensive collection of the old radio show, "Gunsmoke" ran from the early '50's until 1961 weekly on CBS. All the 'old favorites' were in the production, Matt (William Conrad), Chester Prowdfoot (Harley Beahr), Kitty (Georgia Ellis), and Doc ( Howard McNare). A few things changed with the advent of Television, Chester's last name was changed from Prowdfoot to Goode. Bill Conrad was scheduled to play Matt, but in one of the first scenes filmed he was supposed to jump out of a chair and race out the door of the jail. Well, ... he got stuck in the chair, thus, no "Fat Man" in that role.

PM me if you would like some of these episodes. I have them as MP3 and would be very happy to send them to you.

(or anyone else for that matter)

Photto

Oh and I noticed that Mission Impossible started last night from the pilot and I assume they will play in sequence.
I've sort of taken a liking to this show too. It reeks of "Cold War Paranoia™ " and that is a genre that I have always liked.

My dad used to watch this show when I was little. Mom was none to thrilled with it though.

I had just started recording episodes of Colombo for Mom before she passed away.
Now I am recording Mission Impossible for Dad and at the same time, enjoying the show myself.
It's slightly hoaky but I guess back in the day it was probably mind blowing stuff. Dad gets his jollies on it.

And now it comes on twice a day.. 11am on the "other channel" and at 1am.

Dang.... I need a new disk for my PC and they have gone up 150% due to the flooding in Thailand.. :(
Recording an hour of MeTV is like 1.7 gigabytes! :eek:

Oh, and I've almost completed my collection of every episode of Highway Patrol !! :D
I used an app to compress them into mp4 files and that cuts the size in half, one day I'll figure out an easier way to get the commercials out.
It's really tedious and a pain in the **** to edit out commercials!

OMG I love MeTV and ThisTV !! BEST. CHANNELS. EVAH........

In the fall previews did i notice a clip from Quantum Leap? If so it will be good to see that show again. Update! I saw the clip which i thought was scott bakula in a boxing ring getting knocked down but think i may be wrong about that.PS watched the start of mission impossible on MeTV!good to see.

Last edited:
Oh and I noticed that Mission Impossible started last night from the pilot and I assume they will play in sequence........OMG I love MeTV and ThisTV !! BEST. CHANNELS. EVAH........
Yup! I look at some of those shows and the copyright from the late 50's or early 60's and never would have guessed I would look at those shows 50 years later. Gee, if I could only go back to those days. How different things would be today. . . . . .

Yup! I look at some of those shows and the copyright from the late 50's or early 60's and never would have guessed I would look at those shows 50 years later. Gee, if I could only go back to those days. How different things would be today. . . . . .

Some of the shows are better in our memories than in reality, if you re-watch them today. I saw I Spy with very young Robert Culp and Bill Cosby the other day. Its story was pretty lame. But Dragnet with Jack Webb is still a killer, almost a laugh out loud comedy. The appeal of these old shows is really just showing the weaknesses in most modern shows which are generally unwatchable.

Saw on a Gunsmoke forum Encore will be showing 2 half hours followed by a black and white hour long episode at 6PM weekdays starting Jan first, and will have marathon on the second.

some changes effective 1/1 (per their site)
Taxi is "taking a break" (aka being removed from schedule)
Bosom Buddies is "taking a break"
Odd Couple moves to 10:30/9:30 Central

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts