MeTV News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wish they would get rid of Voyage to the bottom of the sea, that's just waaaay too stupid.

I guess you haven't got your wish yet. Just today I tuned in to MeTv this afternoon, the 2nd feed, not the main one. And guess what was airing? You guessed it..Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea. It must have been from the first season since it seemed to be in B&W. I never expected to see that on a weekday. I think it would be pretty cool if they end up airing it Mon thru Fri, as well as Saturday night. Since we're talking about some shows they should get rid of, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they ditched Hogan's Heroes, Mash, Adam 12, Emergency, and Dragnet, then replaced those with something such as, The Munsters, Sanford and Son, and Rocky and Bullwinkle, to name a few. That aside since it's likely not going to happen, I do think MeTv has a pretty decent line-up now, except for a couple of shows I already mentioned.

Although I basically like their fall line up, there are so many other good shows ME-TV could have picked up.
I think "Little House" has been played to death, especially on the Hallmark Channel. Never cared for Mork and Mindy, F Troop or 3rd Rock From The Sun.
Like their "Sunday Noir" feature, they should have something like B/W Saturday showing programs not usually seen on TV anymore. Shows that were very popular back in the day. Like...Love that Bob, December Bride, Superman, My Little Margie, Abbott and Costello and even Sky King. They could also feature other programs they currently have or had in the past like Burns and Allen, I Love Lucy, Dobie Gillis, Phil Silvers and Fathers Knows Best. I wouldn't mind seeing Ben Casey either...very well written and many big stars were guests on that show.
Just my two cents...

Sanford and Son is on AntennaTV

The only thing I hate about that, I don't think AntennaTV is available anywhere in this area, though I could be wrong I guess, since I don't have cable tv, nor can I pick up anything OTA from my location. IOW I haven't checked those 2 sources lately in order to know whether AntennaTV is available in this area or not as of late. I know it wasn't in the past, but that was probably like a year or two ago when I would have known that.

Although I basically like their fall line up, there are so many other good shows ME-TV could have picked up.
I think "Little House" has been played to death, especially on the Hallmark Channel. Never cared for Mork and Mindy, F Troop or 3rd Rock From The Sun.
Like their "Sunday Noir" feature, they should have something like B/W Saturday showing programs not usually seen on TV anymore. Shows that were very popular back in the day. Like...Love that Bob, December Bride, Superman, My Little Margie, Abbott and Costello and even Sky King. They could also feature other programs they currently have or had in the past like Burns and Allen, I Love Lucy, Dobie Gillis, Phil Silvers and Fathers Knows Best. I wouldn't mind seeing Ben Casey either...very well written and many big stars were guests on that show.
Just my two cents...

Abbot and Costello would be cool to watch again. Didn't they also make an animated series at one time? A cpl of other shows that would be cool to watch again is the Laurel and Hardy Show, The 3 Stooges, The Bowery Boys(can't recall if that was a series or just movies?), and The Little Rascals, to name a few. You did also mention Burns and Allen, that was a cool show as well, would like to see that again myself.

They have a few "Little Rascals / Our Gang" and Laurel and Hardy "shorts" on Cozi every once in a while. Watch their schedule, and whenever you see "Short" in the schedule, it'll be one of those. Mostly Laurel and Hardy's, including some of their silent ones! Abbott and Costello movie's have been airing on Cozi every so often also under the proper movie names.

Also, MeTv1 goes through L & H in blocks for months on Sunday mornings. Right now they are off-schedule, so perhaps they'll be back for the Winter season. Their L & H's are restored perfectly, and some are colorized.

I for one is glad they air F troop! I haven't seen that show in a very long time.Im hoping MeTv finds more golden oldies that haven't been aired in a long time. A few that I would like to see again that haven't been aired in some time are The man from uncle, dark shadows ,laugh-in and medical center.

I guess you haven't got your wish yet. Just today I tuned in to MeTv this afternoon, the 2nd feed, not the main one. And guess what was airing? You guessed it..Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea. It must have been from the first season since it seemed to be in B&W. I never expected to see that on a weekday. I think it would be pretty cool if they end up airing it Mon thru Fri, as well as Saturday night. Since we're talking about some shows they should get rid of, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they ditched Hogan's Heroes, Mash, Adam 12, Emergency, and Dragnet, then replaced those with something such as, The Munsters, Sanford and Son, and Rocky and Bullwinkle, to name a few. That aside since it's likely not going to happen, I do think MeTv has a pretty decent line-up now, except for a couple of shows I already mentioned.

I would love to see The Munsters, Addams Family, Bullwinkle, etc… That would be really cool..

They have a few "Little Rascals / Our Gang" and Laurel and Hardy "shorts" on Cozi every once in a while. Watch their schedule, and whenever you see "Short" in the schedule, it'll be one of those. Mostly Laurel and Hardy's, including some of their silent ones! Abbott and Costello movie's have been airing on Cozi every so often also under the proper movie names.

Also, MeTv1 goes through L & H in blocks for months on Sunday mornings. Right now they are off-schedule, so perhaps they'll be back for the Winter season. Their L & H's are restored perfectly, and some are colorized.

I like Laurel and Hardy ! When they were airing I was recording them every Sunday.. I have a fair collection of them. The quality was pretty nice for being such old movies. I hope they bring them back again this fall.. :)

Dark Shadows the original 1966 series, AND the 1991 12 episode night time series remake are both available on Hulu.

OMG!!!!! When I was little I would RUN home from school to watch Dark Shadows (in the 60’s) and it would scare the ever loving cr*p out of me !! Needless to say, my mom did not approve!

I had the 1st version of the board game when it came out, I asked my grandma for it for my birthday. Grandma would buy me anything :D … I wish I still had it, they are collectable now. Somewhere I have a LOT of Dark Shadows shows on disk.
My BFF and I used to watch them all the time for hours and hours before she passed away.. :cry:

That was some good stuff! Barnabus Collins was frickin SCARY!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)