GEOSATpro (Micro) No picture G16 99W 3720H8700

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Info page shows 1/4 FEC, showed 3/4 previously when it did have a picture, Lyngsat shows 9/10FEC. After blind scanning the sat it took about 4-5 minutes for this channel to come up.
Using the 10' dish, shows 85%Q when it did come up, shows no signal without proper FEC now after changing to another channel and changing back. Has the right video and audio PIDs, SID 1. I am sure it came in fine before I deleted the channels on this sat and re-scanned.
Previously loaded the latest software with the fix for 101W.

Micro was running on this channel for about 10 minutes, then all of a sudden it played the channel again. Strange!

Last edited:
The channel information screen will display 1/4 FEC if the signal is not locking. The microHD is auto FEC mode by default unless the FEC is set to manual with a channel editor.

KRBK occasionally has signal loss during severe weather in Missouri. Maybe the channel was experiencing some uplink issues?

What is the FEC displayed now that the channel is working?

...KRBK occasionally has signal loss during severe weather in Missouri. Maybe the channel was experiencing some uplink issues?...

Uplink area weather report for the last couple of days...partly cloudy, lows around 60, highs around 80, light winds from the south...and a bbq at my house today/tonite. ;) That is assuming that the uplink actually occurs from here in the area, always wondered about that.

There have been a couple of widely-scattered short duration t-storms in the last couple of days also.

Don't know if a description is posted anywhere online but KRBK has an interesting transmission model, uses multiple transmitters around this area.

It shows 3/4 when the channel is working. Signal is undisrupted on the azbox on the other LNBF output (C2).
Just seems to take a very long time to lock. No pixelating on the image or evedence of storm/weather issues from uplink or downlink.
I may have to set this up with the channel editor. Will look into this later, have to run this am and help take down a tower for a local ham who is moving. Perfect day so far, overcast with almost no wind.
Tnx..
-C.

Can AliEditor manually edit the FEC for this channel? I have been trying to get a lock on KRBK for awhile now, it is very elusive.

The channel takes 3 or 4 seconds to lock on my system with no signal loss as you report. Using the same 6/26 firmware version.

Maybe cycle the power or rescan the TP? Have you tried shifting the TP frequency +/- 1 or 2mhz? Try disconnecting the AZBox to see if interaction between the STBs?

Tried again with just the one LNBF port connected to the micro. Deleted all TPs on 99W and channels, and did a detailed blind scan.
Still comes up with 3720 H 8703 (note the symb rate) but same frequency. Locks in almost instantly during the blind scan but will not play, and FEC shows 1/4.
I had tried changing the frequency up and down 2MHz, made no difference, I don't think it's a problem with the receiver's AFC.

WIll do a factory reset and try to re-scan that satellite again and see what happens. Whilst doing that I'll edit my latest channel list and add the data manually and see what that does.
C.

lyngsat shows it as 8/9 8psk which is not going to be an easy one to lock, combined with the fact its a low signal level compared to other tp's. I cant get it here at all.

Screen Shot 2013-07-06 at 9.50.49 PM.png

Youve got a 10ft dish which will help, combined with the fact your farther south then me I bet will help more as well. But your still going to need a pretty finely tuned system.

UDL

Fixed:
Input the frequency manually to 3724MHz and it locks & plays perfectly now. Might be the C2 IF is a bit slow. Most other TPs show right on the money or 1 MHz low for the best signal. Odd... but at least we found the trouble.
FEC stays at 3/4.
So if anyone else is having trouble locking this channel try changing frequencies 3-5MHz plus or minus. You can do this by editing the TP in the installation -> TP list menu. Highlight the TP and press the red button on the remote to edit the frequency, polarity, and symbol rate. Make sure you are on the right satellite first though!

Thanks for the suggestions Brian.
p/s.. might be in the market for a C-band PLL LNBF soon... :)

Hi UDL,
This TP is very strong here, maxes out both the Micro and AzBox. Same with the Caribbean mux. I would think these will come in with a dish as small as 6ft if tuned well. That reminds me I am missing SNL!

Did you get the call out for the flood fight? I caught some of the news last week from Calgary & area, lots of mess to clean up. We usually get flooding in the spring but this year it was fairly minor compared to other years.
-C.

weird, its really week here compared to others like LESEA that comes in two satellites over in either direction its so strong lol. Ive only got a cheap 5ft dish, drives me nuts.

We got bugged out at 4am and were in Canmore for 4 days, the rest of our battalion went to High River, they had more work todo there. We were in Canmore more in case the floods escalated which they didnt so thats a good thing :)

UDL

We were glad to see the Forces here in 97, enjoyed working with their radio people watching each other's radios in case a call was missed when we were out. Can't remember which Regiment, might have been the PPCLI.

I guess a 5' dish would pick up adjacent satellites/interference quite badly. I lose Lesea within about 1/2 of a degree so there is no interference at 2 deg. You'll have to bug the RCS people and see if they have a bigger dish they don't need! :)

lyngsat shows it as 8/9 8psk which is not going to be an easy one to lock, combined with the fact its a low signal level compared to other tp's. I cant get it here at all.

View attachment 89112

Youve got a 10ft dish which will help, combined with the fact your farther south then me I bet will help more as well. But your still going to need a pretty finely tuned system.

UDL
I get this on my WSI 6ft bargain dish, "MicroHD & AZBox ME" without problems. I agree. A 10ft dish shouldn't have any problems getting it unless the dish is not tuned properly.

Strange AzBox says 7/8 FEC, Micro says 3/4, Lyngsat says 9/10.
Wonder which one is right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)