GEOSATpro Micro Timer issues.

Even though I have GMT usage set to Off, I occasionally see the clock get set by the channel I'm tuned to at bootup. If the time is ahead of my local time, this messes with my timers.

We will test for this issue. We have not observed this in any past testing, but we will try to duplicate.

Even though I have GMT usage set to Off, I occasionally see the clock get set by the channel I'm tuned to at bootup. If the time is ahead of my local time, this messes with my timers.

Is this a specific channel that you watch a lot? Which one is it? If true, perhaps it's something in the way this channel transmits it's data, that allows it to "bleed-through" even if the receivers gmt sync is turned off.

Local Time Setting suggestion: When the microHD is in the Local Time mode, leave the STB in Operation mode instead of switching to Standby mode. The test bench STBs stay in perfect time sync when the time setting is placed in the local mode and the receiver is left powered ON. If the microHD is placed in standby mode, the local time rounds up or down to the nearest :00 seconds when returning to Operation mode. If the receiver is repeatedly cycled in and out of standby mode the local time setting will shift.

We will continue to work with the chipset provider to attempt to overcome this issue with Local Time setting rounding to the nearest minute when entering operation mode.

Local Time Setting suggestion: When the microHD is in the Local Time mode, leave the STB in Operation mode instead of switching to Standby mode. The test bench STBs stay in perfect time sync when the time setting is placed in the local mode and the receiver is left powered ON. If the microHD is placed in standby mode, the local time rounds up or down to the nearest :00 seconds when returning to Operation mode. If the receiver is repeatedly cycled in and out of standby mode the local time setting will shift.

We will continue to work with the chipset provider to attempt to overcome this issue with Local Time setting rounding to the nearest minute when entering operation mode.

That's an odd "feature"! But it could explain what's going on. Obviously if we leave the receiver ON all the time, we also must turn OFF the "auto-standby" feature. I'll try it...

OK, Brian, I will try that. I set 7 record timers (all TBN) soon after I posted last (Would have been Friday, some time). I put it standby (red light on); this morning, no Sunday or Monday recordings, both green lights on and all timers off (empty). I am still on inverter power, the 1100c was on standby, and had recorded, so I would say I did not cycle power. No lightning close, either clouds or ground strikes within 7 or 8 miles. And the cats can not get to the receivers!

OK, Brian, I will try that. I set 7 record timers (all TBN) soon after I posted last (Would have been Friday, some time). I put it standby (red light on); this morning, no Sunday or Monday recordings, both green lights on and all timers off (empty). I am still on inverter power, the 1100c was on standby, and had recorded, so I would say I did not cycle power. No lightning close, either clouds or ground strikes within 7 or 8 miles. And the cats can not get to the receivers!

If you lose signal on the channel you are recording, it'll kill the timer right there. If it's just before the timer kicks off, it won't record. Is there a chance you could be losing signal?

I doubt it.... Would that kill all the timers? Even the ones that were not close to time yet? (Again, the 1100c has kept working since it cooled off.)
The time was 9 hours and 19 minutes fast. so it had changed time tremendously in 3 days.
I had M-F set to record at 8 am for 29 minutes. timers 1-5. Timer 6 for Thursday 8:30 AM for 29 minutes and Sunday for 6 PM for 29 minutes. ALL TBN, all RECORD. Even if it had been set to Channel, it should not have cancelled Tuesday's through Friday's. I did not see the date, so I am not sure if that changed also.

I will try to change the grounding to the building frame instead of the single point ground (six feet rather than 40 feet) to see if that drains for any static. The other thing, I will exchange the other microHD in a day or two.

ONE big question, Brian, is the 12V DC minus at chassis ground along with the co-ax shield? My battery negative is bonded to the building frame, so when I go back to a battery cord, that will be important. With the high temps only in the low 80's the temperature should not be a problem unless I have already had some damage.

Grasping at straws here -{ and with 40 MPH winds, they are hard to hold on to.}{humor}

Is this a specific channel that you watch a lot? Which one is it? If true, perhaps it's something in the way this channel transmits it's data, that allows it to "bleed-through" even if the receivers gmt sync is turned off.

Not really. But the last few days I have left the receiver on HD01 12,180 V on AMC 21@125w. When I power it up, for a few seconds the clock shows the date/time when it was last on, then usually switches to the current GMT time.

I haven't seen this, as I never put the receiver in Standby. I have it on a switched power strip and don't put it in Standby before I remove power. When I power it back up, it comes up in Operation mode. Even when I'm doing timed recordings I leave it in Operation mode. This works fine as long as my clock is correct and the list of timed recordings is OK.

I'll try putting it in Standby before powering down to see if it prevents the clock from being set by the channel at power up.

Not really. But the last few days I have left the receiver on HD01 12,180 V on AMC 21@125w. When I power it up, for a few seconds the clock shows the date/time when it was last on, then usually switches to the current GMT time.

I am confused......

If a satellite receiver is disconnected from the power source, what do you expect the time to display when it is plugged back in?

I am certain that we could address any issue with local time offseting to the nearest :00 when cycling between ON and Standby, but if the unit is physically removed from power, would you prefer that the clock returns blinking 12:00 until you set it or grabbing GMT as it currently is programmed?

I'll try putting it in Standby before powering down to see if it prevents the clock from being set by the channel at power up.

This is not what I am suggesting.

When you remove the power source from the micoHD, the clock function stops. If you want accurate local time setting time, the micoHD needs to remain connected to a 12vdc power source.

I am confused......

If a satellite receiver is disconnected from the power source, what do you expect the time to display when it is plugged back in?

I am certain that we could address any issue with local time offseting to the nearest :00 when cycling between ON and Standby, but if the unit is physically removed from power, would you prefer that the clock returns blinking 12:00 until you set it or grabbing GMT as it currently is programmed?

Blinking 12:00? Please Noooo, LOL. I didn't have any expectation about what the clock would do at power up. I was just try to figure out why my timed recordings were disappearing and perhaps help rv1pop with his problem. Now that I understand what the clock does at power up, I can work around it. But given a choice, I would like the clock to have the same time at power up as it did when it was powered down. That way it would not delete timers. Even better will be getting the time from a specified channel at power up. But I can wait, not a problem.

Till now I have never been able to record with a timer event, though I can record manually. I am using the latest software and my Information screen gives me:
Main code M36015/128 M 2012-8-29
see code M3606 SEE 2012-8-29
Software Version TDV10290-1-0-2-0
Product Version HDVS54012-1108249A0 2012-8-29

I made a few tests this afternoon:
Set the time (manual)
Set a recording (timer event) with the channel I was listening to for a few minutes (5)
And wait just to check if it was to work.
Indeed at the time set for the timer event, I got on the screen the message : Timer event is starting (or something like that) BUT the recording did not begin at all.

I repeated the test setting this time with GMT; same message and no recording.
I repeated again the test and put this time the STB on stand-by (light turned to red);at the due time, the STB light turned to green, so the timer event was detected properly, but again no recording at all.

It would seem the record command is not issued although the timer event is detected.

Mike

I am not at the receiver, as I have said, it is in another building, visible but not where I can easily reach it. Timer Mode. Is that Channel / Record ? = Record

Timer Service I do not recognize. I do not have a hard copy of the manual, so I have not found that term yet.

EDIT TNX>> Mode for me is weekly, Service is RECORD.

Last edited:
Time mode was Once.
Time service was Channel.
Now I just checked the manual and realized that there is the service Record too. So it was my bad, sorry. I cannot at this time check it cause I have trouble with my decoder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)