GEOSATpro Micro Timer issues.

Rv1pop,

I can only assure you that we have 5 microHD test units and my personal microHD at home flawlessly recording dozens of programs each day in once, daily, weekly timer modes. The time is set to local and we do not disconnect the power source or place in standby. The time remains correct and all timers record.

You might update to the latest firmware, perform a factory reset and rescan your channel list. Set the time to local, leave the unit on, in All Satellite channel list and do not disconnect from the power source.

So many unique variables and partial information reports to determine why you are unable to record. So let's start with basics.

Timer Disappearing

Anyone else having issues with daily timers that don't record and daily timers that disappear altogether?
Yes. Having the same problem but my receiver is never off. Had it set for 10:00 am RtV and it was recording fine. Then today, I went back in to watch the recording and the program is not there nor was the timer setting there. Checked the time and it showed about 5 years in the future. Strange, but I haven't touched it. I have reset it to the correct time and set the timer again . We'll see if this keeps happening.

Yes. Having the same problem but my receiver is never off. Had it set for 10:00 am RtV and it was recording fine. Then today, I went back in to watch the recording and the program is not there nor was the timer setting there. Checked the time and it showed about 5 years in the future. Strange, but I haven't touched it. I have reset it to the correct time and set the timer again . We'll see if this keeps happening.

Is the time set to GMT ON or OFF? What version firmware? Using Satellite/ Transponder list provided with firmware or edited .udf?

Timer Issues

Is the time set to GMT ON or OFF? What version firmware? Using Satellite/ Transponder list provided with firmware or edited .udf?
I am using Software Ver TDV10290-1-0-2-0 and Product Ver HDVS54012-1108249AO 2012-8-29. I have the receiver ser to manual. Tried it on UTC but the times are all messed up so I went to manual and every thing was working correctly until yesterday. No power loss but the time still jumped ahead and erased my timer settings. Sure hope that you can figure this out.

I am using Software Ver TDV10290-1-0-2-0 and Product Ver HDVS54012-1108249AO 2012-8-29. I have the receiver ser to manual. Tried it on UTC but the times are all messed up so I went to manual and every thing was working correctly until yesterday. No power loss but the time still jumped ahead and erased my timer settings. Sure hope that you can figure this out.

Did the time, date or both change? What was the exact amount of change? Does this amount of change equal the difference between your local time and the time on the channel it was left tuned to (or RTV)? Was the receiver tuned to any other satellites or channels since the last correct recording?

Finally got one recording on my home system to be skipped. Was quite excited when I check the recording list.... until I realized that the power had gone out and 12:00 was blinking on several clocks... :(

;<} If that was the 1100c the clock would have been correct!!!!!!!

I am not going to do too much more trying to get the microHD to record correctly. When I have time, I am going to have to call in and have someone walk me through an update.... Unless I can figure out what I am doing wrong before then. But that is another subject. I can program a Sage computer, or a VCR, but the microHD has me in a vertical hold roll .... as a matter of squeeking! (BTW, I got my ham antenna back up and all but 20m tuned.)

Timer Issues

Did the time, date or both change? What was the exact amount of change? Does this amount of change equal the difference between your local time and the time on the channel it was left tuned to (or RTV)? Was the receiver tuned to any other satellites or channels since the last correct recording?

Brian,
Both time and date changed. The date year was showing 2017 but I can't remember the exact date. Yes, I usually channel surf while the timer is left on daily record. I really can't explain it but will keep you informed when and if it happens again. It was doing the same thing before when I had it set to UTC but since I switched over to manual, I have not had any trouble with it until day before yesterday.

Timer Issues

Finally got one recording on my home system to be skipped. Was quite excited when I check the recording list.... until I realized that the power had gone out and 12:00 was blinking on several clocks... :(
Brian,
came in today after working night shift and found that the timer again missed its mark. I went into the timer and found that the time had switched to 09/15/2024 at 7:18 pm. Went back in to time settings and it was showing the same thing. What is causing the time to change by itself.

Brian,
came in today after working night shift and found that the timer again missed its mark. I went into the timer and found that the time had switched to 09/15/2024 at 7:18 pm. Went back in to time settings and it was showing the same thing. What is causing the time to change by itself.

What channel (transponder) and satellite was it sitting on while waiting for the timer to kick off? Was it off/standby, or left turned on? What firmware do you have loaded?

What channel (transponder) and satellite was it sitting on while waiting for the timer to kick off? Was it off/standby, or left turned on? What firmware do you have loaded?[/

I am using Software Ver TDV10290-1-0-2-0 and Product Ver HDVS54012-1108249AO 2012-8-29. Receiver was left on. Recording PBJE. Satellite was left on Russia Today.

I have had the same timer disappear on two consecutive days. It was a daily timer set to record This TV on 101w from 4:00A to 4:59AM. There is another timer set to record KDEV on 118W from 5:00A to 7:00A which works properly. There is another timer set to record KDEV from 10P for 5 hours which overlaps with the This TV timer. Maybe the issue is that the software doesn't always detect overlapping timers? Timers are also deleted if you press the record button on the remote and the two hour default overlaps with a scheduled timer. Seems like there should at least be a warning prompt for both of these conditions.

When viewing a recorded event and a timer starts a new recording it stops the recording being viewed. If this has to be done it would be nice to have a warning (like Dish has) or maybe bookmark the recording so it can quickly be resumed.

I have had the same timer disappear on two consecutive days. It was a daily timer set to record This TV on 101w from 4:00A to 4:59AM. There is another timer set to record KDEV on 118W from 5:00A to 7:00A which works properly. There is another timer set to record KDEV from 10P for 5 hours which overlaps with the This TV timer. Maybe the issue is that the software doesn't always detect overlapping timers? Timers are also deleted if you press the record button on the remote and the two hour default overlaps with a scheduled timer. Seems like there should at least be a warning prompt for both of these conditions.

When viewing a recorded event and a timer starts a new recording it stops the recording being viewed. If this has to be done it would be nice to have a warning (like Dish has) or maybe bookmark the recording so it can quickly be resumed.

Of course an overlapping timer on different transponders with a single tuner cannot execute and it makes sense that it would be removed. We will look into why a conflicting timer is allowed to be scheduled.

We had purposefully allowed a manual recording to override a timed event as we thought that the user would be best served. Imagine not being able to record a breaking news event because a daily timer was set to record "Lassie"! We will work on prompts to alert the user of timer conflicts.

When a timed event occurs during playback or channel viewing, an alert is issued. Currently, there is no way to automatically bookmark when exiting playback.

Good suggestions and observations. Thank you.

Last edited:
We had purposefully allowed a manual recording to override a timed event as we thought that the user would be best served.

/**************************************
Why does the manual recording require the timer be deleted? Is this a limitation of the SDK? If the DN receiver is manually recording and a timer wants to begin it doesn't delete the timer. There's a prompt to prioritize,the timer is still available next time. I'm just asking since it's hard to tell which parts of the application are SDK and which are custom software.
*******************************************/

When a timed event occurs during playback or channel viewing, an alert is issued. Currently, there is no way to automatically bookmark when exiting playback.
/********************************
The alert doesn't provide the time or an option to cancel. Seems like the same function that is called when the bookmark button on the remote is pressed could be called when a timer starts and a recording is currently being viewed.
*******************************/

Please don't take any of this as criticism. The micro is still my receiver of choice. It's more stable than any other receiver I own.

No worries. I didn't take your observations or suggestions as criticism. Your input is very constructive as you are providing suggestions and comparisons. We are here to make a better STB, not to defend the status quo.....

The current method of the SDK is to delete conflicts. This is were we must investigate alternatives and dialog prompts. Not sure why timer conflicts are able to be scheduled. We had not observed that issue previously and have been unable to duplicate. If you have any input on the process or steps that you go through to schedule a conflict, please let us know.

I have a daily timer that starts at 3:30A for 30 minutes. It will allow a second timer that starts at 4:00a for 60 minutes but deletes it at some point.

Time Issues

I have a daily timer that starts at 3:30A for 30 minutes. It will allow a second timer that starts at 4:00a for 60 minutes but deletes it at some point.
Bryan,
Did not have the timer set. Checking time regularly while changing channels. Time jumped 5:24pm to 9:24 pm. Could be the trouble with missing timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)