microHD Development: Bug Reports and Firmware Fixes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update on my issues; Did a software reset and started over. Dish now moves when changing satellites.
Still cannot blind scan when using Universal LNB 5150/10750. I can however scan individual transponders from the TP list on both bands.

"We will look into a solution. For now set up the C and KU satellites using the separate satellite positions and program the inline switch." No inline switch used except what is built into the DMX 741 LNB. Ku & C from same sat position.
That is for all practical purposes an inline switch.

"Using DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS? If DiSEqC 1.2, did you aim the dish for each satellite then save each satellite in a motor position before starting the scan?"
or

"Is this the first time that you are using the receiver with an existing DiSEqC motor or DiSEqC 1.2 controller with preprogrammed positions " Using DiSec 1.2 with pre programmed positions to GBox V3000 located about 30' away from the MicroHD.
You must first save the sat positions in the microHD. Did you review this DiSEqC 1.2 FAQ thread?
www.satelliteguys.us/microhd-discussion/287436-sharing-diseqc-1-2-motors-controllers.html

Detailed or even normal Blind scan when local oscillator is set to zero (0) and doing an all SR scan using range 950-1450: does not find any results when there are results to be found.

set the local oscillator to 10000 and all SR scan and range 10950 to 11450, results are found in a blind scan. I want local oscillator zero as I do everything off the l-band frequency as that is how my spectrum analyzer reads out.

another thing - when you do a "antenna setup" on a satellite and then go to the TP list or single satellite scan sections, a different satellite usually shows up in the TP list or single satellite scan areas and you have to select the satellite you want to work with. i.e. if I'm setting up SatMex 5 and then go to TP list or single satellite scan, I may have AMC-21 or some other satellite there instead of SatMex 5 and I have to arrow left/right or hit the sat list to select SatMex 5 to do my TP list actions or single satellite scan. Other ALI chip boxes I have don't have this issue - when you are working with a particular satellite, that satellite is right there when you finish a satellite setup page and then go to single sat scan or tp list pages to continue working with the entries for that satellite.

EDIT: using june 15th firmware.

Detailed or even normal Blind scan when local oscillator is set to zero (0) and doing an all SR scan using range 950-1450: does not find any results when there are results to be found.

set the local oscillator to 10000 and all SR scan and range 10950 to 11450, results are found in a blind scan. I want local oscillator zero as I do everything off the l-band frequency as that is how my spectrum analyzer reads out.

another thing - when you do a "antenna setup" on a satellite and then go to the TP list or single satellite scan sections, a different satellite usually shows up in the TP list or single satellite scan areas and you have to select the satellite you want to work with. i.e. if I'm setting up SatMex 5 and then go to TP list or single satellite scan, I may have AMC-21 or some other satellite there instead of SatMex 5 and I have to arrow left/right or hit the sat list to select SatMex 5 to do my TP list actions or single satellite scan. Other ALI chip boxes I have don't have this issue - when you are working with a particular satellite, that satellite is right there when you finish a satellite setup page and then go to single sat scan or tp list pages to continue working with the entries for that satellite.

EDIT: using june 15th firmware.

Yes, something is wrong with LO 0 (zero). We are placing priority high on this.

The menus and searches default to the satellite, transponder, channel that is selected in the channel viewing mode. This is why it appears to be random. If you are wanting to have fast and simple editing or scanning, place the receiver on the satellite, transponder or channel that you will be working before entering the menus.

We are open to modifying this process.

The menus and searches default to the satellite, transponder, channel that is selected in the channel viewing mode. This is why it appears to be random. If you are wanting to have fast and simple editing or scanning, place the receiver on the satellite, transponder or channel that you will be working before entering the menus.

found that out right away ;)
I always make sure to be on the satellite I want to work with before going into TP list or antenna setup

Yeah must be something with the Ali chip-sets. Openbox does this same thing and is so annoying. I am all for Brian finding a way to solve this sometime in a future upgrade.

I have 10 satellites enabled. Did blind scan on all, deleted the channels I didn't want, saved as defaults.

1st, a request. The "Moving Dish" form stays on a very long time (even if only moving a couple of degrees). Doesn't seem smart enough to go away once you have locked onto the new channel. At the very least there should be an option to set a time limit for that form.

2nd, a bug. I went back into Antenna Setup to the Motor/Switch form. After the "Moving Dish" form goes away the unit is totally unresponsive to any remote control keys. The only way to get it back is to pull the power. This is running the 6/15/12 firmware.

I posted the same thing about the "moving dish" thing in the review originally. Here is that excerpt

One thing that really bugs me is there is a "moving dish" popup that shows up no matter what you do. I know some receivers have it but most that popup leaves right away. This stays up for 15 seconds unless you hit "exit" before that. This shows up if you go into the transponder list and antenna setup. I understand if you are going from say 83W to 91W but why when you are on 91W already and you want to blind scan it does that popup when you hit OK to scan? The only time it is rather quick is when you power it on for the first time. It only shows up for about 2 seconds. I know my Coolsat 5000 only does it for a couple seconds but I’m still using version 1.00 software. Anything else (including the factory 3rd party stuff) has that popup too for longer.
This is what SatelliteAv sent back to me about it
"Dish Moving" - It also drives me nuts! We are working on this irritant so the display will leave after 3 or 4 seconds, but their are other functions hard coded by ALI that is making this very difficult. If the display is programmed to disappear earlier, there is currently no way to prevent he next step of the process from starting. There are no time place holders without the display. The result is if the display is removed early, the next event step starts. What happens for example is that if in a scan mode, the scan is initiated prior to the dish landing on the target satellite. I have been playing with displaying a blank screen, but this can confuse the user as you still must either press exit to skip to the next step or wait. If the user does not visually see that a motor move event command is still waiting to time out, the RCU would not function until the exit button was pressed or the event times out. It is totally a ALI coding issue that we are fighting a work around

easiest work-around for that is hit the exit button right when you see it. The dish still moves

possible bug: when a signal isn't locked and one hits the INFO button twice to bring up a big signal info screen, the modulation reads as "(HBCD)", the FEC as 1/4 and the resolution as "set by source".

when the signal gets locked, those same signals report dvb-s or dvb-s2, etc. with correct information.

I suppose the signal info fields for FEC/modulation/resolution should be blank or listed as "not available" or "no signal lock" when there is no signal lock.

Just a followup to my bug report. It only seems to lock up (and eventually reboot on it's own) if the Motor/Switch settings form is entered when it is currently on the last satellite enabled. For instance, it dies if I'm already on satellite 11 of 11, but for others it works normally. Might help in finding the bug.

Just a followup to my bug report. It only seems to lock up (and eventually reboot on it's own) if the Motor/Switch settings form is entered when it is currently on the last satellite enabled. For instance, it dies if I'm already on satellite 11 of 11, but for others it works normally. Might help in finding the bug.

Unable to replicate on 5 test receivers. Was a Factory Reset performed after updating firmware?

I set up a microHD last night and scanned in all the birds. First thing I did was to update the micro from the satellite and reset. I then started scanning in Sats. I started with 137W. The microHD wouldn't find the RTV MUX. I got GCI but no RTV. I performed all types of scans and repeated. I then found it had actually had added the channels to the list. It just didn't report finding them during a scan. I then noticed it did this with a lot of transponders. Never report finding them but they are in the list and play fine. And wow! Very sensitive tuner. It finds them all ;)

The microHD wouldn't find the RTV MUX. I got GCI but no RTV. I performed all types of scans and repeated. I then found it had actually had added the channels to the list. It just didn't report finding them during a scan.

I think the june 15th firmware release notes have that issue as a thing to be resolved.

not sure if this is also a known blind scan issue to be resolved, but I find with my june 15th firmware that some of the locked signals reported on a blind scan say "FAIL" when they shouldn't - like some satellite newsgathering feeds. Only maybe happens about 5-10% of the time within groups of locked satellite news truck feeds. If I manually add or rescan the signal, I get service ID/channels written to memory.

I only expect to see "FAIL" if the service ID on a signal is cloaked (ala what FOX Sports Net used to do with their distribution feeds in a formerly used system) or if the signal is a data transmission and not video or audio.

When updating the firmware by USB, if you have multiple firmware files with different dates you can not differentiate them.

HDVS54012-1108249A0 2012-6-15.abs shows up as HDVS54012-1108249A0 2
HDVS54012-1108249A0 2012-7-6.abs shows up as HDVS54012-1108249A0 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.