microHD Development: Feature Requests

TS File size

Would it be possible to make the maximum TS file size configurable? I just did an hour and forty five minute record of HD video and I've got 11 .ts files I need to merge before processing by Handbrake. It would be nice to be able to have one file as large as needed but it's possible you would run into the 4GB limit for a 32 bit number in the computer. Of course, in any case, you would need to limit to 4GB for FAT32 volumes but for NTFS you don't have that limit.

A couple of requests (to be added to the huge list so far).

On the remote - when the second info box is up, can a simple channel up or down make this go away instead of having to push Info or Exit.

Can you make the Scrambled bug time out or use Exit to turn it off? Every once in a while a channel will come in with picture and sound but the box thinks its scrambled and overlays that message and it does not go away.

I also vote for a bit more info somewhere, as in MPEG2/H264/Dolby/DTS/AAC, etc.

And I hope you can have the box display the channel parameters when the signal is gone instead of just HBCD.

One more thing, when the audio is Dolby, when that is on the Info screen it forces the PCR PID mostly offscreen.

And lastly, how soon can we start to play with 32APSK? I am interested to see how much is out there...

All in all, a very nice box. It seems to have the best 50 to 60Hz conversion of all my boxes. Thanks for allowing this much input into the box's future operation.

Would it be possible to make the maximum TS file size configurable? I just did an hour and forty five minute record of HD video and I've got 11 .ts files I need to merge before processing by Handbrake. It would be nice to be able to have one file as large as needed but it's possible you would run into the 4GB limit for a 32 bit number in the computer. Of course, in any case, you would need to limit to 4GB for FAT32 volumes but for NTFS you don't have that limit.

Not able to modify the file size at this time. Have a request to ALI development to allow parameter changes.

On the remote - when the second info box is up, can a simple channel up or down make this go away instead of having to push Info or Exit.
Not an option

Can you make the Scrambled bug time out or use Exit to turn it off? Every once in a while a channel will come in with picture and sound but the box thinks its scrambled and overlays that message and it does not go away.
Will look into this suggestion. Please start a thread to discuss this bug with examples of channels that this happens on. The scrambled notice is programmed to appear if a valid PID is programmed for the service, but it is not compiant or available.

I also vote for a bit more info somewhere, as in MPEG2/H264/Dolby/DTS/AAC, etc.
Looking into adding more information.

And I hope you can have the box display the channel parameters when the signal is gone instead of just HBCD.
Parameters cannot be displayed if the stream is not present. We may change the OSD to state "Not Available".

One more thing, when the audio is Dolby, when that is on the Info screen it forces the PCR PID mostly offscreen.
Noted. We are working on chnging the presentaion of the data and inclusion of the SID.

And lastly, how soon can we start to play with 32APSK? I am interested to see how much is out there...[/QUOTE] Ali is working on some coding issues. We will proceed once the foundation is solid and provides reliable operation.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned previously but I'd like to see a bit more in the Blind Scan screen. It could show the Quality and Signal bars on the bottom so you can see how your alignment/dish size are managing.
Signal Quality cannot be initially displayed in the Blind Scan set-up screen as there are no preprogrammed transponders to lock and calculate. We could add the meters to display the readings in the channel logging screen for each transponder as the scan progresses. We will look into adding this feature.

Back in the 'DVR" category, is there a way that if you stop playback, the unit can remember your location of stopping the next time you select that DVR file for playback to avoid having to start at the beginning again? Some kind of "last stop here mark" placed on the file during each playback such that when the end of playback file is reached, those marks are erased, ready for replay in full?
This will require some research. Not sure if this could be implemented.

Signal Quality cannot be initially displayed in the Blind Scan set-up screen as there are no preprogrammed transponders to lock and calculate. We could add the meters to display the readings in the channel logging screen for each transponder as the scan progresses. We will look into adding this feature.

This would be really nice if it could be done.

Not an option

OK

Will look into this suggestion. Please start a thread to discuss this bug with examples of channels that this happens on. The scrambled notice is programmed to appear if a valid PID is programmed for the service, but it is not compiant or available.

I will do that as soon as it happens again. It's rare, but it does happen.

Looking into adding more information.

Thanks.

Parameters cannot be displayed if the stream is not present. We may change the OSD to state "Not Available".

If they can't be displayed, then don't bother. It's not important, and now I know how the box works.

Noted. We are working on chnging the presentaion of the data and inclusion of the SID.

Thanks again.

Ali is working on some coding issues. We will proceed once the foundation is solid and provides reliable operation.

Great news. I look forward to playing with this box for a long time. I appreciate your candor and your effort. Thanks.

Back in the 'DVR" category, is there a way that if you stop playback, the unit can remember your location of stopping the next time you select that DVR file for playback to avoid having to start at the beginning again? Some kind of "last stop here mark" placed on the file during each playback such that when the end of playback file is reached, those marks are erased, ready for replay in full?
I don't have this receiver, but the firmware as described on here seems similar to that on the Manhattan RS-1933. You could try a few of these tips that work on the Manhattan and see if they also work on the MicroHD...

When playing a recording and you have the OSD with the progress bar displayed, hit the RED button on the remote to set a bookmark. You can set as many as you need (not sure of the limit, if any.) Next time you are playing the file with the Progress Bar OSD displayed, hit the GREEN button to go to the next bookmark from where you are in the recording. Successive presses of the Green key will advance to the next bookmarks that recording. To clear a bookmark, press the GREEN key to advance to it and immediately press the RED key to clear it.

I don't have this receiver, but the firmware as described on here seems similar to that on the Manhattan RS-1933. You could try a few of these tips that work on the Manhattan and see if they also work on the MicroHD...

When playing a recording and you have the OSD with the progress bar displayed, hit the RED button on the remote to set a bookmark. You can set as many as you need (not sure of the limit, if any.) Next time you are playing the file with the Progress Bar OSD displayed, hit the GREEN button to go to the next bookmark from where you are in the recording. Successive presses of the Green key will advance to the next bookmarks that recording. To clear a bookmark, press the GREEN key to advance to it and immediately press the RED key to clear it.

HEY! It all works!!! Thanks for that info, as it'll sure come in handy for those 4 hour RTV Saturday night "Monster movie" recordings...

Copykat said:

Great input! Tested and it works on the microHD. We didn't program this, so it must be native to the Chipset. We will add information to the next manual revision.

i would request that signal level be displayed in the first info window if possible with tp info if possible also. second request would be to change channels up or down with the second info screen displayed. now i have to exit info screen, change channels, and then hit info twice to see what i have. thanks, charlie

What New Features are in Firmware? Revert to Previous Version?

When adding a satellite, the position box is still default E and the change to W command still has that bug, where you can't use the control twice in a row. You always have to back out of that field and go back into it in order to change it to W. You probably wouldn't catch that unless you go through creating a custom sat list like I do. Would be nice if you could fix one or the other if not both.

Still on our change request list. Just because a request wasn't yet implemented, doesn't mean that it won't be. Right now, changing the default setting breaks the USALS calculation. So for now the default stays East.

Hint: Press the Right Arrow key to change to west before entering the numbers. Doing in this order prevents the need to cycle back to the position.

Can the position of "West" and "East" be swapped in the motor control settings?
I'm used to a left arrow key mean decreasing "°W" and a right arrow to mean increase "°W".
I hope it can be changed and that others agree, otherwise it might be something that I'll have to get used to...

Well I guess it don't happen if you add only one satellite at a time. Just can't sit in that one screen and create a whole list of sats at once.

Well I guess it don't happen if you add only one satellite at a time. Just can't sit in that one screen and create a whole list of sats at once.

The question begs to be asked... Why use a remote control to build a complete multi-satellite list from scratch when the ALI Channel Editor would take a 1/10th of the time and not run the risk of repetitive action injuries?

Can the position of "West" and "East" be swapped in the motor control settings?
I'm used to a left arrow key mean decreasing "°W" and a right arrow to mean increase "°W".
I hope it can be changed and that others agree, otherwise it might be something that I'll have to get used to...

Will place this request on the list for investigation. Seems like it could be a simple change, but we will need to look at the mapping. Not a priority as this a preference and not affecting operation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)