microHD Development: Feature Requests

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm using the microHD primarily as a closed caption decoder utilizing the HDMI output. This saves having to view my HD signal in composite. I noticed that there is only one font size for the HDMI output which is rather large. Are there any plans to allow for user selection of smaller fonts, color choice, background color, etc.? I can live with what I have now, but user adjustments would be great.

I'm using the microHD primarily as a closed caption decoder utilizing the HDMI output. This saves having to view my HD signal in composite. I noticed that there is only one font size for the HDMI output which is rather large. Are there any plans to allow for user selection of smaller fonts, color choice, background color, etc.? I can live with what I have now, but user adjustments would be great.

At this time we are limited to providing the current font and background. The feature is primarily hard coded in an unique produced chipset. We are working with ALI engineers to provide more parameters addressable in the firmware, but this is currently not available.

Last edited:
Is there any way to make the CC button function as an on off switch, instead of bringing up a menu? Or is the menu there to help me get past my incredible laziness? Pull out your flyswatter or bullwhip, make a threatening gesture, and I'll stop bugging you about these kinds of things. :D

Closed captioning must be a menu as there could be multiple streams to chose from. We decided that placing the CC function on the remote instead of buried in a menu screen made the feature more useful. Closed captioning on mute will not be able to be implemented.

Additional refinements to the CC function are in development, but we are not able to disclose as we are under a confidentiality agreement.

Remember that you own a one of a kind consumer device! The microHD is the only FTA S2 or MPEG4 receiver in the world to have onboard closed captioning decoding, display on HDMI, display over HD source and overlay on a digital output.

Closed captioning must be a menu as there could be multiple streams to chose from. We decided that placing the CC function on the remote instead of buried in a menu screen made the feature more useful. Closed captioning on mute will not be able to be implemented.

Additional refinements to the CC function are in development, but we are not able to disclose as we are under a confidentiality agreement.

Remember that you own a one of a kind consumer device! The microHD is the only FTA S2 or MPEG4 receiver in the world to have onboard closed captioning decoding, display on HDMI, display over HD source and overlay on a digital output.

I for one appreciate that fact, and thank you for implimenting it! It sure comes in handy for certain shows...

The MicroHD has been a great box so far. I was playing videos from my external hard drive and didn't notice any way to use subtitles. I know it's a very low priority item, but will there be subtitle support for videos in the future? Most stuff I threw at it plays works well and being able to select the audio track is nice too.

Is there any way to make the CC button function as an on off switch, instead of bringing up a menu? Or is the menu there to help me get past my incredible laziness? Pull out your flyswatter or bullwhip, make a threatening gesture, and I'll stop bugging you about these kinds of things. :D
Like most CC selectors, you have to chose what you want. Some programmers offer multiple CC languages. There could be a CC on mute, etc. I don't find it that bothersome. Push-arrow down-exit.

flclkrazy said:
The MicroHD has been a great box so far. I was playing videos from my external hard drive and didn't notice any way to use subtitles. I know it's a very low priority item, but will there be subtitle support for videos in the future?

Is the subtitles feature turned on in the menus?

I only can confirm that the microHD displays CC, Subtitles and Teletext on live and DVR recordings. Unaware if they are supported on media files.

Is this going to be implemented soon?
A black screen would really make this far better then having that screen on there all the time.

ditto. The only other request was the renaming (or rather the NOT renaming) of channels when you blind scan again. Its irritating to scan a satellite and see "85 test card" go away only to be replaced with "TV1"

Is the subtitles feature turned on in the menus?

I only can confirm that the microHD displays CC, Subtitles and Teletext on live and DVR recordings. Unaware if they are supported on media files.

I tried turning on subtitles but it's a no go. I went through all the buttons on the remote but couldn't get them to appear. Red button probably changes the video track(I don't have one with multiple video tracks to try), green button for the audio track, yellow button for the chapter, and blue button does nothing.

Just need to make sure that there is no confusion between subtitles vs closed captioning?

An associated question: Do Closed Captions display on a video file playback?

Please PM a link to a video file with subtitles and we will test.

The continual renaming of the previously edited channels upon rescanning is annoying. My other receivers do not do that.

I have a satellite in my list named "TEST" that I have been doing on my scanning on lately.

Removing this thread from the stickies as it is becoming a discussion thread instead of a features request and response. Too difficult to track a request through 16 pages.

Thought that it was a great suggestion when Iceberg suggested it, but it evolved..... :(

Please start a new thread with any future Firmware development request.

Thank you for your input on future microHD development and for your understanding!

As per Brian's request above, please start a new thread for a feature request that you would like...Thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts