GEOSATpro microHD Editor Software Discussion

I tried both the editors and for me caused nothing but headaches. Seems like everytime I reloaded my files that all my saved satellites ended up opposite, switch and LNBF data was either incorrect or missing. I got tired of it. Luckily, I always save copies because one of my tries I accidentally deleted everything.

I guess I am too accustomed to the NDF editor program my Diamond 9000HD receiver uses, which is great.

Down loaded the ali editor and the sample file. Opened the editor and sample, played with it quite a while-didn't try to mess with the microhd though- got an idea as to all the input everyone was telling me. Looking foward to the mediabox editor to really put it to the test. Thanks to all for the help and advice.
hoss e buck

Owning a microHD and afraid to use the editor is like owning a car and being afraid to program your favorite radio stations into the radio..... you just need to do it! You aren't going to disable anything.

Save your satellite/channel list from your microHD as an .udf file and open this saved file named "user.udf" with ALI Editor. Save the changes named as "test.udf" or something to your liking and load back onto the microHD. If something goes wrong reload the saved "user.udf" file or perform a master reset.

If you need help, start a new thread and ask away....

I used to use an app called "Channel Master". I see reference to it on the web but nothing recent, has it gone the way of the dodo bird? It seemed to support every DVB receiver I ever tried, and was easy to use and functional.

I used to use an app called "Channel Master". I see reference to it on the web but nothing recent, has it gone the way of the dodo bird? It seemed to support every DVB receiver I ever tried, and was easy to use and functional.

The developer quit supporting Channel Master about 4 or 5 years and would not release the code for another team to continue support. It is very good software, but unfortunately unable to support new data formats.

Here's a question I have about editing pids with the ALI editor and editing a UDF file. I went to a particular satellite, added a new tp, then added four audio services. I uploaded it to the microhd, tuned the services and got no audio. I suppose my PCR PID may be wrong since I used 8190 instead of maybe 8191 so I"m trying to edit the PCR PID value and try again. I go to the tp, the four audio services I had added are in my right hand window, I right click to "edit" and the only editable fields are channel name, channel type, service ID, group, scramble, factory, and audio mode. Video pid, the 3 audio PIDs and PCR pid are all greyed out and I don't know how to make them editable. Do I just need to delete all four audio services and recreate them with the "insert channel" function?

I"m trying to edit the PCR PID value and try again. I go to the tp, the four audio services I had added are in my right hand window, I right click to "edit" and the only editable fields are channel name, channel type, service ID, group, scramble, factory, and audio mode. Video pid, the 3 audio PIDs and PCR pid are all greyed out and I don't know how to make them editable.
just messing around, I figured out one way. Write down the Service ID number, change it to "0" and then all the PID fields open up. edit the PID fields, then change the service ID number back to what it was and presto.

* Changed: If Polarity selection is changed from the default "AUTO" to "Horizontal" or "Vertical" for a channel search, the default setting "AUTO" will be restored after the search completion.
AWESOME!!!

my report on it after loading it

I loaded it via the satellite option and when it said to reboot it froze (again). Had to unplug and replug back in for it to work

* New: Default Satellite / Transponder List for C and KU band FSS satellites with footprints in North America (as of 8.28.2012)
since I reused my existing channel list I assume this wont reflect that info?

* Corrected: The Satellite in the viewing mode is selected in the Motor / Switch Setting Menu and the default satellite in the Single/Multi Satellite Search. If the Motor / Switch Setting menu is first entered, then the TP List will default to the same satellite displayed in the Activated Satellite List.
I'm confused on this one. If I go into the antenna setting it defaults to the sat I'm on. However effective with the 8/20 software if I go into the TP list it defaults to 61W which is the 1st sat in my list. Use to not do this and it gets very frustrating. Since I blind scan a lot I bring up a satellite, then go into the TP List to delete transponders before scanning. This adds an extra step going into the motor/antenna setup screen THEN back out and go into the TP list screen

* Changed: After future .abs updates, the unit will automatically re-boot without user needing to power cycle.
see above. I had to unplug the receiver to make it work

* Changed: If Polarity selection is changed from the default "AUTO" to "Horizontal" or "Vertical" for a channel search, the default setting "AUTO" will be restored after the search completion.
confirmed working but one comment. I scanned only the V side of 91W. When the % meter reached 28% I had scanned in my last TP (12166) yet I had to wait for it to go all the way to 100% before being done. If you are only scanning one polarity the % should (IMO) be done at 50%

* Changed: Default resolution to set to 480i (the common resolution for ED/SD/HD TVs and monitors).
no biggie. Changed that to 720p right away ;)

one minor correction on the new satellite list

you have Satmex5 and AnikF3 both at 118.8 in the list. Satmex5 is labelled right (like KU 116.9 SM5 or something like that) but the orbital slot you put it as 118.8

My upgrade went fine, I did have to get up and unplug receiver....Ice I took what he said as future is that after this time you won't have to do it anymore.

I noticed the incorrect orbital slot on SM5 also, but no biggie.

.... one comment. I scanned only the V side of 91W. When the % meter reached 28% I had scanned in my last TP (12166) yet I had to wait for it to go all the way to 100% before being done. If you are only scanning one polarity the % should (IMO) be done at 50%

It is my understanding that this receiver still scans the whole input frequency range 950-2150Mhz, but only logs what you specify. Say you want it to scan Vertical only from 11700 to 11800 just as an example. It would still scan the whole range V and H. But only show what it found that was V from 11700 - 1180. I think I have that right. :)

FINALLY! I'm able to import my list into MES and export without corruption! Excellent work!
Since getting started on the Micro HD, I've wished I could sort my Favs by Sat/TP. Short of having that option, MES lets me do this and no longer drops my selected sats, motor info, and position upon returning the list to the box. A wonderful side effect (meta data perhaps) is that if I scan in new channels and add them to my favorites, they automatically are sorted by Sat/TP without the need to run the list through MES again. Very Happy! :)

Favorites List Names, Switch / Motor settings (22khz, DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2) do not import, but if created in MES, they export perfectly.

I tried this last night and yep, I was going to mention I had to enter all of my motor settings again in the MicroHD for each sat after importing, adding some channels and then exporting back to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts