GEOSATpro MICROHD Reboot/loop fix instructions

Cham, sorry to hear of the rebooting loop. Don't recall this happening during an update, always after if a factory reset and power cycle is not performed. Strange!

The TLL serial data is not compatible with standard DB9 serial communication. Please review the first aid documents for .udf file updating. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...via-Internal-TTL-Header?p=2963448#post2963448

The .udf update procedure requires a TTL/USB converter. We recommend the cable from http://gotcband.gostorego.com/microhd-recovery-cable.htmlas it has the correct connector and pin assignments.

You may also send the STB for our support team to restore the user database. Please call our support department if you wish to RMA and send it in.

Yes it is strange. At first I thought I had a short in the feedline or the motor was causing the pwr supply to cut out, but disconnecting the cable made no difference. I don't have any USB converters or plugs that I can wire up so maybe I'll just have to wait a couple weeks for the cable to arrive. If that doesn't work then the RMA option... hope not though!

Update,
Cable should be on it's way soon.

Last edited:
Ok. Got the cable this am. Have everything ready to go but the windoze computer wants a USB driver for the cable. Guess I need that for the cable to work. Can this be downloaded from somewhere?

Update:
played around with USB ports on my system and got it working / transferring. File loaded ok, now I have a working MicroHD again! :)
Thank you Dave & Brian!
-C.

Last edited:
I guess it was only a matter of time before I joined the club. My microHD is now in a reboot loop. It's DITW for me. And I'm not talking about it singing a favourite song from Kansas. Ironically, I just moved my S9 back to the viewing gallery to receive 15W, but now the S9 is my only working sat receiver.

All I did was deactivate a satellite in the satellite menu. I do this to temporarily get rid of satellites I no longer am using. With hindsight, I suspect the cause of the looping was a .udf corruption from this action. One of the satellites (15W) I deactivated happened to have scanned in tps/channels. I've seen this before where this caused a reboot, but it has only rebooted one time in past. Guess I was lucky before. The moral is either don't deactivate a satellite or, if you do, check first for any tps/channels and delete them first.

From where can I get the USB-TTL cable that won't charge an arm-and-a-leg after purchase and shipping? I prefer somewhere in Canada since the last LNB I bought from Michigan took a looong time to get through customs.

Added: Maybe a lot faster to just buy a short USB cable and get those TTL pin connectors from my local electronics shop.

Last edited:
Maybe a lot faster to just buy a short USB cable and get those TTL pin connectors from my local electronics shop.

I looped my microHD and had no cable, so not wanting to wait for one to be shipped I made a cable. My drawing is in the post. The one difference I made was I used a 9 volt battery and a 7805 voltage regulator to power the circuit. The RS232 to TTL can also be done with a couple of transistors instead of the max IC. Computer shops should have the connector (not the pre-made cable) to fit on the microHD as it was common for the audio on older CD-ROM drives.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...r-Cable-for-the-microHD?p=3107820#post3107820
My LNBF died and have been waiting a week for it to come by mail from the US, so unfortunately if you order a cable it will take time to get there.

Com 3 seems to be the only port that will take to next step, where it says "Failed to get version."
I downloaded this file and it is the one I open but I don't think this is right. 1-139w_microHD_ChList_2122013.udf (1.56 MB, 564 views)
There is no userdb in it. Anyone know what is going on here?

When I try to fix loop problem with Ali Editor I get
Com Port Test Test serial port status..............Finished
Then: Collect STB information..............and a box saying "Failed to get version."

I think Com Port is okay. Don't know what the heck is wrong...

ReRead ReRead ReRead. What is wrong here...
Okay, what driver are you guys sparsly talking about?????? I got a DVD Disc with the jtag cable and it has nothing on it, is this my problem?
I will try laptop with Win7 tomorrow...other than that I'm about ready to toss this microhd, it just sets rebooting and rebooting while USB is connected to PC.
How do you fix this, why doesn't it work, not enough info on google to help, not enough info here. Looks like a waste of time.

Okay, what driver are you guys sparsly talking about?????? I got a DVD Disc with the jtag cable and it has nothing on it, is this my problem?
I will try laptop with Win7 tomorrow...other than that I'm about ready to toss this microhd, it just sets rebooting and rebooting while USB is connected to PC.
How do you fix this, why doesn't it work, not enough info on google to help, not enough info here. Looks like a waste of time.

Pipedream, try this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/335266-MicroHD-Loop-fix-doesn-t-work?p=3427521#post3427521

You DO realize that it's a long holiday weekend, right? Not everybody has a MicroHD, and reads SatGuys all the time, much less digs into somebody else's thread to find your post. You need to relax a little. Anyway, read this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/335266-MicroHD-Loop-fix-doesn-t-work?p=3427521#post3427521