Migration Channel? (1 Viewer)

kmkohler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 14, 2007
Corvallis, OR
I happened to notice yesterday that the guide description for channel 102 (the former preview channel) changes at 8AM Pacific on March 14. At that point it says "Migration Channel."
Any idea what that might mean? Probably not video of migrating birds... Given the date, could it have something to do with Hopper/Joey?

I'm on western arc BTW.

sethwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 16, 2008
Booneville, AR
kmkohler said:
I happened to notice yesterday that the guide description for channel 102 (the former preview channel) changes at 8AM Pacific on March 14. At that point it says "Migration Channel."
Any idea what that might mean? Probably not video of migrating birds... Given the date, could it have something to do with Hopper/Joey?

I'm on western arc BTW.

Channel 102 is "migrating" north to channel 103. :D:D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
Does the migration channel that will be launching on March 15 have instructions on how to migrate to Dish Hopper system?
Here are your instructions.
1. Give Dish all your money.
2. Sign a two year contract.
3. Hope the initial software doesn't make it unusable.

Skee7ix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
Blockbuster Studio, coming March 14, is a new 24-hour channel on DISH, Channel 102, available only to DISH Customers. This new channel will go on location to Hollywood blockbusters, TV shows, concerts, pay-per-view movies, sports, games and much more! ?

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Blockbuster Studio, coming March 14, is a new 24-hour channel on DISH, Channel 102, available only to DISH Customers. This new channel will go on location to Hollywood blockbusters, TV shows, concerts, pay-per-view movies, sports, games and much more! ?

If it's in HD cool. If not... not interested. :rolleyes:

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It shows a bunch of stuff on it... saw a fishing show on it today. Its not just all movie stuff.

(I saw it as I have access to an engineering box)

bobsie

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 16, 2006
Alpena, MI

Do you mean, available only to DISH Blockbuster customers? If you are not a DISH Customer, you can't get any DISH channels.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Is it actual content or is it just commercials for the actual content on other channels for 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the time with an occasional concert or live event?

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2009
US

I noticed that channel 102 came up a few minutes ago...so far only SD for those wondering...

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
i bet the stuff on 102 was on 101 but Dish decided to make that channel return to it's original format of being the Dish "Welcome To"/"How To" channel that help people get set up with the dish system.

Users who are viewing this thread