Migration Channel?

kmkohler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
Corvallis, OR
I happened to notice yesterday that the guide description for channel 102 (the former preview channel) changes at 8AM Pacific on March 14. At that point it says "Migration Channel."
Any idea what that might mean? Probably not video of migrating birds... Given the date, could it have something to do with Hopper/Joey?

I'm on western arc BTW.

kmkohler said:
I happened to notice yesterday that the guide description for channel 102 (the former preview channel) changes at 8AM Pacific on March 14. At that point it says "Migration Channel."
Any idea what that might mean? Probably not video of migrating birds... Given the date, could it have something to do with Hopper/Joey?

I'm on western arc BTW.

Channel 102 is "migrating" north to channel 103. :D:D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Does the migration channel that will be launching on March 15 have instructions on how to migrate to Dish Hopper system?
Here are your instructions.
1. Give Dish all your money.
2. Sign a two year contract.
3. Hope the initial software doesn't make it unusable.

Blockbuster Studio, coming March 14, is a new 24-hour channel on DISH, Channel 102, available only to DISH Customers. This new channel will go on location to Hollywood blockbusters, TV shows, concerts, pay-per-view movies, sports, games and much more! ?

Blockbuster Studio, coming March 14, is a new 24-hour channel on DISH, Channel 102, available only to DISH Customers. This new channel will go on location to Hollywood blockbusters, TV shows, concerts, pay-per-view movies, sports, games and much more! ?

If it's in HD cool. If not... not interested. :rolleyes:

It shows a bunch of stuff on it... saw a fishing show on it today. Its not just all movie stuff.

(I saw it as I have access to an engineering box)

Do you mean, available only to DISH Blockbuster customers? If you are not a DISH Customer, you can't get any DISH channels.

Is it actual content or is it just commercials for the actual content on other channels for 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the time with an occasional concert or live event?

I noticed that channel 102 came up a few minutes ago...so far only SD for those wondering...

i bet the stuff on 102 was on 101 but Dish decided to make that channel return to it's original format of being the Dish "Welcome To"/"How To" channel that help people get set up with the dish system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts