Mini bud with ku lnb to the side and what switch i would need

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I am going to attempt a mini bud system and saw a thread from a years ago that has a side car kit for the ku lnb my question is there away to use the side car setup and have both the c and ku lnb aim at the same satellite ? Also would I need a 22 kHz switch for this configuration ?

I am going to attempt a mini bud system and saw a thread from a years ago that has a side car kit for the ku lnb my question is there away to use the side car setup and have both the c and ku lnb aim at the same satellite ? Also would I need a 22 kHz switch for this configuration ?

I just build my own brackets and i have done this. the ku will work ok, the c-band will not be wonderful, but a lot of fun to argue with. u can use a ecoda 22k. i have used diseq because i put more then 2 LNBs on the thing. There should be many pics in the forum on this

2 more questions
1. on a 22k switch which band is hook in to 22k on i couldn't find the answer in the switches simplified thread for c/ku lnbs
2. which band do you aim the dish with when a c/ku lnb is attahced

Last edited:
1. You decide. There is no right or wrong, only on what you select and how to program the receiver.

2. C-band will be easier to locate a satellite if using an appropriately sized dish. In your case (with the smaller 1.2m dish), aim for KU first then see what you can receive on C-band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.