Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I am going to attempt a mini bud system and saw a thread from a years ago that has a side car kit for the ku lnb my question is there away to use the side car setup and have both the c and ku lnb aim at the same satellite ? Also would I need a 22 kHz switch for this configuration ?

I am going to attempt a mini bud system and saw a thread from a years ago that has a side car kit for the ku lnb my question is there away to use the side car setup and have both the c and ku lnb aim at the same satellite ? Also would I need a 22 kHz switch for this configuration ?

I just build my own brackets and i have done this. the ku will work ok, the c-band will not be wonderful, but a lot of fun to argue with. u can use a ecoda 22k. i have used diseq because i put more then 2 LNBs on the thing. There should be many pics in the forum on this

2 more questions
1. on a 22k switch which band is hook in to 22k on i couldn't find the answer in the switches simplified thread for c/ku lnbs
2. which band do you aim the dish with when a c/ku lnb is attahced

Last edited:
1. You decide. There is no right or wrong, only on what you select and how to program the receiver.

2. C-band will be easier to locate a satellite if using an appropriately sized dish. In your case (with the smaller 1.2m dish), aim for KU first then see what you can receive on C-band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts