AZBOX MiniMe Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I am having a problem with my AZBox MiniMe. It seems to be locked up and unresponsive. All it will do is say it is booting up, which takes forever, and then it shows a black screen with the gray channel banner at the bottom, with no information on it, just the gray banner. It will not respond to remote control commands or anything.
Is there some way to reset it? If it would respond to any remote commands I could do a factory reset, but as it is, I can't do anything.

I would power down, unplug the coax, power up, and see if anything changes.

As a second step, you might check the power supply voltages, if ya have a meter and know where to stick it. :)
If not, best to not get yourself into trouble.

Those boys on the other board talk about the ME model locking up, and a way to rescue that one was suggested to reboot & hold the volume up button for about 15seconds to put in rescue mode. Maybe you already did that, but it was all I could find in a hurry! Another thread for an Azbox lockup said something about the rocker switch for on/off on the back had a rescue mode, or cause it to go into rescue mode, whatever that is. Hopeyou make some progress.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will try the recovery mode process at AZBox.ca, I should have thought and looked there first.
I know that I cant use the reset button on the back of the box, or it will no longer be able to use the North American firmware.
So, I will give that safe mode recovery process a try when I get home from work this evening.
I'l let you all know if it works.
If it doesn't I am going to try and contact Dr.Sat/AZBox Canada and see what to do, or if I need a replacement.
Thanks again for everyone's comments and help, I do apprecaite having this place as a resource, and everyone that helps out.

Try unplugging the receiver power cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in. This should get it working again.
We are doing the final testing on our new firmware version which will resolve some of these issues.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Try unplugging the receiver power cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in. This should get it working again.
We are doing the final testing on our new firmware version which will resolve some of these issues.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I tried unplugging, and it did not work. I ended up trying the recovery process outlined on your website and reinstalled firmware 1.20. Now, I have a new problem, when I try to input a transponder, scan a satellite, or do a blind scan, the box automatically restarts itself, so I am unable to scan any satellites or use the box. Not very happy with this receiver to say the least. At least I have a microHD for when I want I use FTA.

Last edited:
I tried unplugging, and it did not work. I ended up trying the recovery process outlined on your website and reinstalled firmware 1.20. Now, I have a new problem, when I try to input a transponder, scan a satellite, or do a blind scan, the box automatically restarts itself, so I am unable to scan any satellites or use the box. Not very happy with this receiver to say the least. At least I have a microHD for when I want I use FTA.

So reinstalling the firmware solved your initial issue? If so, that's great! As for your current problem, we are aware of this and the receiver is actually not rebooting but going to sleep mode and pressing the power button again should instantly exit out of sleep mode. This happens if remote control keys are being pressed too quickly when no channels have been scanned yet. Going more slowly on the remote and scanning at least 1 channel will prevent this issue from reoccurring. Unsure if this issue will be resolved in this week's firmware update but it will be on the following one for sure.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Those boys on the other board talk about the ME model locking up, and a way to rescue that one was suggested to reboot & hold the volume up button for about 15seconds to put in rescue mode. Maybe you already did that, but it was all I could find in a hurry! Another thread for an Azbox lockup said something about the rocker switch for on/off on the back had a rescue mode, or cause it to go into rescue mode, whatever that is. Hopeyou make some progress.

This procedure only applies for the European version. For the American version, you must hold down the number 1 key instead of the volume up key.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I am having a problem with my AZBox MiniMe. It seems to be locked up and unresponsive. All it will do is say it is booting up, which takes forever, and then it shows a black screen with the gray channel banner at the bottom, with no information on it, just the gray banner. It will not respond to remote control commands or anything.
Is there some way to reset it? If it would respond to any remote commands I could do a factory reset, but as it is, I can't do anything.

For the record, we were able to reproduce this behavior over here and what is happening is that on rare occasions, some of the unit's RAM is getting corrupted. Fortunately, there is no need to reinstall the firmware when this happens as you may simply unplug BOTH the power and ethernet wires from the back of the unit for at least 30 seconds if this happens again in order to properly clear the RAM chips and get the unit operational again. If this does not work the first time, try it again but this time, unplug all wires for 45 seconds.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Azbox minime

azbox minime 1.50 problems 1.56 problem fix one thing and have one new problem .I never see like azbox never fix the basic things like blind scan the freeze on the box the setup for ports lnbs etc.And now Iptv channels please.One more thing I have to change my name from Tanka to Luis 2 because of password problems.

azbox minime 1.50 problems 1.56 problem fix one thing and have one new problem .I never see like azbox never fix the basic things like blind scan the freeze on the box the setup for ports lnbs etc.And now Iptv channels please.One more thing I have to change my name from Tanka to Luis 2 because of password problems.

If I understand correctly, you are referring to the delay when changing the LNB type in Antenna setup. We have identified this issue after we released firmware version 1.56 and it only impacts systems with many configured satellites. We will attempt to resolve this issue and add several other improvements in version 1.65 of the firmware which will be released within the next few days.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

yes pwrsurge I have 51 satellites program on all receivers azbox premium plus vantage vt1 vantage 1100 and final after four hours on the azbox minime because did freeze and the delay on the setup for ports lnbs.All rerceivers working good .But the minime no. One more thing I stop the receiver. Next day open the receiver on the same channel same satellite and no picture on the c band . I have to reboot the box or go to different tp same times working same times not working.thanks I like you very educated person. But the azbox did have about five firmwares out and all give problems in same things before working good

One more thing I stop the receiver. Next day open the receiver on the same channel same satellite and no picture on the c band . I have to reboot the box or go to different tp same times working same times not working.thanks

This should not happen very often but when it does, a quick way to get back the picture is to press Menu then select Media (or blue button shortcut) -> Picture viewer (or blue button shortcut) then press Exit 3 times. You may also change to a channel that's on a different transponder and then back to the original channel again. This forces reinitialization of the video demux and should get video back. This particular issue has already been fixed in the 1.65 firmware version we are working on which should be available soon.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
This should not happen very often but when it does, a quick way to get back the picture is to press Menu then select Media (or blue button shortcut) -> Picture viewer (or blue button shortcut) then press Exit 3 times. You may also change to a channel that's on a different transponder and then back to the original channel again. This forces reinitialization of the video demux and should get video back. This particular issue has already been fixed in the 1.65 firmware version we are working on which should be available soon.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Thank you

Would like to bump this to the top again. From what I heard a beta firmware was released for testing about 2 weeks ago, but not to the general public.

How about releasing it for all to test and gave feedback? I not sure if it is more than one person, but looking on the azbox website it is not listed there.

I cannot use my seagate external drive as a PVR, when attached the unit freezes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts