Mitsubishi WD-60638 60-Inch 1080p 3D-Ready DLP HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Mits put out a pretty good 3D picture. They do now accept Full HD, but do realize that the final output will be checkerboard.

S~

I have a 66 inch Mits. and have been very pleased with the set. I purchased their 3D adapter and the 3D dvd are really very good on this set.

I have the 60 inch 638 series DLP that I bought a few years back and was sucessful in making the set work very well (in the native checkerboard mode) by using only a Panasonic DMP-BDT100 player (about $150 at most discount places). You DO NOT need to buy the 3DC-1000 converter, but you do need to buy the glasses and emmiter at a much lesser price from Amazon etc. (about $40/pair with the emmiter)You do need to download the latest firmware patch for the Panasonic if it does not support checkerboard output. FYI the 60638 TVs are two year and perfectly fine. They are selling here locally in the Austin Tx area for about $600. They DO NOT support firmware upgrades WHICH MEANS that your source has to support the checkerboard output...so it will not work directly "today" with broadcast and satellite formats. I am VERY PLEASED with my TV and the high quality of the picture and the ONLY drawback of the DLPs are that they are not skinny.

I also bought a 73 inch 738 series a few weeks back for my son for about $1900. This current model set does take firmware patches that are compatible with all known sources such as the Sony DVR players and the broadcast/satellite sources.

Bottom Line: Check the prices and the model series. You can get to high quality 3d either way...but the 738 series will have a wider range of compatibility down the road.

i am also thinking about buying this. my cable company has espn3d and other 3d sources. but would i need the adapter and a pair of 3d glasses? should i call mitsu?

I love the big picture on my 56" sammy DLP. just put a new lamp in it and its like new. Id love to get a 73 incher. Just wish more companies would make them now. And I don't have a clue what to do with my sammy.

Hey guys saw this TV today for 794.00 at a local store....it would be replacing a 42 plasma, I know it says 3D ready which means I have to buy the kit I can wait a bit on that, but any thoughts on this TV, as far as HD picture. I have Directv dang good price. I see it has the three HDMI jacks which Is what I need. Does not have the app features but thats that big for me right now as I have other ways to get that stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts