Mix-n-match Dish remotes: Can this work?

haertig

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2004
I have a 322 receiver that came with one IR remote (model "3.0 IR") for tuner #1 and one IR/UHF remote (model "4.0 IR/UHF Pro") for tuner #2.

I have a second, currently unused, 4.0 IR/UHF Pro. Can this second 4.0 remote be used to control tuner #1 via UHF? So far I have been unsuccessful in getting this configured. I flipped over the "blue UHF Pro" piece at the bottom of the remote so that it's green side is now showing. However, this green side only says "1" on it ... nothing about UHF. Continuing on anyway, I tried setting the remote code the normal way (hold down SAT, enter the code number, hit "#", then hit "record"). However this doesn't take on the System Info screen on the 322. Checking the remote via "SAT, #, #" verifies that the remote has the code programmed that I want - it's just that the 322 receiver doesn't get updated.

Am I trying to use this spare remote in a way that's not intended, and thus it will never work?

Thanks!

here is what you do.
pres menu 6-1-5( i believe UHF remote enable)when you get there go to enable and then to system info
then use green remote go one up and to the right high light that grab blue remote press SAT until all light on pick number between 1-15 after that press # and record it will change then grab green remote go to the left high light TV 1 grab second UHF remote follow same steps it is impotent you change TV 2 first

Thanks for the reply. What you describe is what I've been trying over and over. It just won't work for this particular remote for some reason. This same remote came from an old 322 that was recently replaced (that's why it's a spare remote now). It worked fine on that old 322 on tuner 2, but not on the new 322 on tuner 1. It's like it just can't work UHF on tuner 1. I'm not sure why.

I flipped over the "blue UHF Pro" piece at the bottom of the remote so that it's green side is now showing. However, this green side only says "1" on it ... nothing about UHF.
Thanks!
Your problem is you switched the "blue" UHF tag over to the green IR setting.
You either need to get a green UHF tag or just use the blue tag (put your own lable on to mark it as TV1)

Your problem is you switched the "blue" UHF tag over to the green IR setting.
First I tried it several times with the blue setting. Then I tried the green setting a couple of times. Then back to the blue. Nothing seems to work. I'll keep trying, because it just seems to me like it should work. I've used several of these Dish remotes and I'm understanding of the programming of them. At least I thought so - until this silly one that doesn't want to control TV tuner 1. I've never tried UHF to tuner 1 before, except with a 1.5 UHF remote and a Dish pyramid UHF_receiver/IR_transmitter thing (which does work for the 322).

What you guys seem to be saying is that, yeah, it should work. So I'll keep at it. The 322 is definitely set for UHF Pro on tuner 1, and I've got the remote with fresh batteries in it transmitting about 4 feet from the 322's antenna.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)