MLB 2009 Season

I've had Bell's before. Pretty good stuff. There's a local pub I go to that features a different beer every month and they have a deal where you can keep the embroidered pint for $1 extra. Needless to say, I got the Bells with the collector's pint.

And while we're talking about beer, I tend to favor the Cleveland brewed Great Lakes brands. They always have great seasonal brews that come out throughout the year. Right now, their Conway's Irish Ale is a popular choice.

Anything that comes from the water in Cleveland has to be poison.:D

This could be the year of the Marlin! THE BEST young starting 5 in the majors....could be the best powering hitting infield in the majors and the stadium thing JUST ABOUT cleared...not to mention with Sabre has said....every 6 years is THEIR YEAR...hmmm...

They won their titles six years apart- 1997, 2003.

It's been six years since, so doesthat means Florida win it all again?

Detroit Tigers :)

90 wins ...... or 90 losses this year ?

90 wins will put them in the playoffs.
90 losses they will have many more seats available than they do now. (recession accounting for alot of them).

Jimbo

Let's go RED SOX!!! :D

I was down on this team about a month ago, but since then they've made a lot of good moves.

Tough division though. The Yankess are obviously stronger than last year, and the Rays were NOT a fluke, IMO.

Plus there will be stiff competion for the wildcard coming from the Central.

They won their titles six years apart- 1997, 2003.

It's been six years since, so doesthat means Florida win it all again?

Yes, I predict Florida wins the championship in 2009. And sells all of their good players before the 2010 season. :rolleyes:

Sandra

AL Central's a screwy division.

White Sox are an all-hit, no-pitch team, Indians have the capability to bounce back, Twins have to get over their tendency to fall apart in September/October.

Then, there are the Royals- the division's designated punching bag.

I'll be generous and predict 98 losses.

I just don't think the Braves have enough to challenge Philly or the Mets. IF, the Mets improved bullpen comes through, I think they are the team to beat in the NL East. I think the Braves are one hitter away from being in the mix though.

I just don't think the Braves have enough to challenge Philly or the Mets. IF, the Mets improved bullpen comes through, I think they are the team to beat in the NL East. I think the Braves are one hitter away from being in the mix though.

I think the Phils are the best team in the National League. BUT that is also the toughest division in the National and maybe all of baseball.

AL Central's a screwy division.

White Sox are an all-hit, no-pitch team, Indians have the capability to bounce back, Twins have to get over their tendency to fall apart in September/October.

Then, there are the Royals- the division's designated punching bag.

I'll be generous and predict 98 losses.

The Royals are a pesky team. They were nearly .500 last year.

You could easily make a case for either the AL Central or the AL East as the best division in baseball.

I fully expect the Tigers to rebound from their disappointing '08 campaign.

The Twins and White Sox were no fluke and will again compete for the AL Central.

The Indians on paper are the most improved team in the division. They've made several moves to shore up the shaky back end of the bulpen and added a defensive/offensive cog in Mark DeRosa. Don't forget, the Indians had the best 2nd half record in baseball last year. They just dug their selves too big of a hole in the first half to make any noise. With the rebuilt bullpen, I expect this team to resemble the '07 Tribe more so than the '08 version.

Over/Under: 5 Indians games HD will attend this year?

Well if I lived in Cincinnati I know I would attend a whole lot more games than 1 or 2 a year, so I am saying over 5.

Well if I lived in Cincinnati I know I would attend a whole lot more games than 1 or 2 a year, so I am saying over 5.

I have to agree with Ramy. I do live in Cincinnati (close enough anyway) and am not a Reds fan, but I attend more than 5 games a year. :)

My Browns stink year in and year out and I still regularly go to 2-3 games a year.

I wish I could go to Steeler games, they are sold out, once the Pirates start to pay money for the team to win, at least over 500, then I will go to another game.

If I have to pay over $100 to see an event, then they should put on the best show they can. They have the money, they just refuse to spend it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts