MLB 2010 Season

saw today on the MLB Network game 7 of the 65 WS

Sure the Twins lost but it was nice to see outdoor baseball :)

oh by the way....the Twins earlier this week put tickets on sale for the 2 spring training games that will be held at Target Field and they sold out in 20 minutes :eek:

saw today on the MLB Network game 7 of the 65 WS

Sure the Twins lost but it was nice to see outdoor baseball :)

oh by the way....the Twins earlier this week put tickets on sale for the 2 spring training games that will be held at Target Field and they sold out in 20 minutes :eek:
Was that the game where Koufax dominated on two days rest?

Was that the game where Koufax dominated on two days rest?

He probably dominated just about any game that he ever pitched on two days rest.

I think Lonborg was pitching on two days rest when he pitched a complete game victory against the Twins to clinch the pennant on the last day of the season, but he didn't fare as well on two days rest when he pitched against Bob Gibson in Game 7 of the World Series.

He gave it his best, but with 2 days rest,
he never stood so tall.
- Ken Coleman, from "The Impossible Dream"

I once read that there was a two year stretch in Koufax's career in which his record in games in which his teammates scored two OR FEWER runs was 18-4.

I once read that there was a two year stretch in Koufax's career in which his record in games in which his teammates scored two OR FEWER runs was 18-4.
Had to consider the Dodgers offense during that time was dismal. They had Lou Johnson batting clean-up. The dude was a 250 hitter with only 58 RBI and 12 HRs

Had to consider the Dodgers offense during that time was dismal. They had Lou Johnson batting clean-up. The dude was a 250 hitter with only 58 RBI and 12 HRs

The Chicago Whit Sox of that era were no better. They batted pitcher Gary Peters sixth a few times. Don Drysdale hit about .300 one year. I suspect he hit higher than ninth a few times himself.

Last edited:
yep pitched a shutout

I love the other day they had the 52 WS games and Costas said "If you look at the kinetiscope" instead of "videotape, film, etc :D

The very first game they showed when MLB Net first came on the air was the 55 WS between the Yanks and Dodgers. Costas said it was and is the game that currently has the most HOF players to appear, with 10 total (5 from each team).

Dodgers:

Roy Campanella
Pee Wee Reese
Jackie Robinson
Duke Snider
Sandy Koufax

Tommy Lasorda (HOF as a manager, and pitched with the Dodgers in 55)

Yankees:

Whitey Ford
Yogi Berra
Phil Rizzuto
Mickey Mantle
Enos Slaughter

Interesting that both teams have their SS, CF, C, and a starting pitcher. Teams win based on starting pitching and strength up the middle.

I'll pick up the slack for KCK HALO... The Angels look a lot better this year than reported. I am excited to see this season begin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)