MLB 2011 All*Star Game Poll

Who wins the 2011 All*Star Game?

• American League

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • National League

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last few posts are exactly why Kemp will not win the MVP and why Beltre did not win it in 2004, even though he should have. The reason is because they play on the west coast. If Gonzalez was still a Padre and putting up the same numbers (which would be even more amazing considering Petco is much less hitter friendly and the Pads lineup has no protection), not a single one of you would have even mentioned him in a single post. Since he plays for the Sox, the last two pages are about him.

Yes, I know Bonds who also plays on the west coast, won the MVP in 2004, but Bonds is Bonds, he was the rare exception as it did not matter where he played, as well as someone like Pujols.

Meh. Who cares with the MVP anyway. I can't even name the current reigning MVP's in either league. This is a team sport...I only care about team success.

You can take the regular season awards all you want...give me world championships instead.

Sandra

Meh. Who cares with the MVP anyway. I can't even name the current reigning MVP's in either league. This is a team sport...I only care about team success.

You can take the regular season awards all you want...give me world championships instead.

Sandra
You were one of those participating in the discussion about the numbers of individual players

Besides, my team ain't going anywhere anyway. This is the only thing I have to look forward to this season (except for maybe a new owner). :p:D

Last edited:
The last few posts are exactly why Kemp will not win the MVP and why Beltre did not win it in 2004, even though he should have. The reason is because they play on the west coast. If Gonzalez was still a Padre and putting up the same numbers (which would be even more amazing considering Petco is much less hitter friendly and the Pads lineup has no protection), not a single one of you would have even mentioned him in a single post. Since he plays for the Sox, the last two pages are about him.

Yes, I know Bonds who also plays on the west coast, won the MVP in 2004, but Bonds is Bonds, he was the rare exception as it did not matter where he played, as well as someone like Pujols.

That is NOT true ... Gonzalas has been a top player for years now, at least I have felt so and posted so previously.

Also, Red Sox fan has been following him for several years now, when they first started talking about wanting him.

This was before Tex went to NY.

Voting for NL All Stars and looking at some stats I did not realize how weak the NL 3rd base position is this year.

Sorry, but I've been coveting Gonzalez for years now.

Kemp is an outfielder. DodgerKing can better answer this, but I believe Juan Uribe and Casey Blake share 3B duties for the Dodgers.

I should have known that .....
I somehow was reading Dodgerking talk about Kemp and then mentioned 3B, some reason I lost track of what was going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)