MLB 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardner went to the Fred Lynn school of showboating. He coasts to the ball just so he gets to then make a diving catch.

I'd never seen a four person collission at hoe plate until Kirk Gibson initiated one.

Ortiz couldn't benefit from a three outfielder collision last night, in part, because Ellsbury was his teammate. Did anyone else notice the rather startled reaction by Crawford when Ellsbury took a flyball in front of him without calling him off? Ellsbury never calls anone off.

televisionarchives said:
The Red Sox still worry me. I think they need another year to get to the World Series

I think they need Lackey to pitch like he is paid to do, if he does they will be in good shape to go deep in the playoffs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

After the money spent last offseason, how could you consider 2011 to be a rebuilding year for the Sox??

If you use that (money spent) as a reason to win then the Yankees should have won more then one World Series in the last 10 years. I know many sports writers picked the Red Sox but I don't see it this year. The bad start, both Catchers aren't that great. No so much as a rebuilding year but more of a year for some of the players to get used to playing for Boston.

If you use that (money spent) as a reason to win then the Yankees should have won more then one World Series in the last 10 years. I know many sports writers picked the Red Sox but I don't see it this year. The bad start, both Catchers aren't that great. No so much as a rebuilding year but more of a year for some of the players to get used to playing for Boston.
I didn't say that spending lots of money guarantees wins. What I said was spending lots of money should signal to you that in the Sox FO, this isn't a rebuilding year.

Baltimore has a sorry excuse for a bullpen, though in fairness, four of the six runs they have allowed (through seven) are unearned.

Red Sox pitchers have thrown 160 pitches through seven innings.

Crawford has looked like a Little Leaguer tonight.

Last edited:
Yo Adrian!!

Sox get a walk off win tonight against the O's with a Gonzalez 2 run double.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Wakefield is penciled in to take Lackey's scheduled start Tuesday. The Red Sox now need TWO starting pitchers. Lackey has a sore elbow, and Dice-K is a lost cause. He isn't even acceptable as a fifth starter.

Poor kid. This just might be the worst pitching line ever. From last night's CLE-KC game:

Code:
[SIZE="1"]Pitcher     IP   H  R  ER BB SO HR PC-ST  ERA[/SIZE] 
V Mazzaro 2.1 11 14 14 3 2 1 77-43 22.74

All runs were earned and Mazzaro is the first MLB pitcher to allow 14 runs in 3 innings or less...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts