MLB 2012 Off Season News, Notes & Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Red Sox have become a joke very quickly!

Bobby F'in Valentine???!!! GMAFB.....this sucks!!! :mad::rant:

Valentine will only last two years. As soon as things start to go wrong, as they always do in baseball, since pitching is so tenuous and the season is so long, the Red Sox management won't be able to rein Valentine in.

Not exactly the blockbuster hire that I was expecting. I feel so "meh" about this hire.

I am starting to dislike all the retread hiring in the NFL and MLB. Give some young(as in position, not so much age) mind a chance and you might end up with a Sparky, or a Tito or a Girardi.

I am starting to dislike all the retread hiring in the NFL and MLB. Give some young(as in position, not so much age) mind a chance and you might end up with a Sparky, or a Tito or a Girardi.
There are some reports that Cherington was interested in Dale Sveum, but was overruled by Larry Lucchino on Valentine....

Actually baseball is going younger, despite the signing of Valantine. You have Ventura and Matheny this year, and Mattingly last year for three of the largest MLB markets.

Actually baseball is going younger, despite the signing of Valantine. You have Ventura and Matheny this year, and Mattingly last year for three of the largest MLB markets.

I know... but this Valentine really has NOTHING to offer the Red Sox.... IMHO. Baseball has changed in the way it is now more micromanaged than ever, from the high school level and beyond. From what I have seen in his commentary and analysis, he brings nothing new, refreshing or intuitive to the table.

He will be there with the equipment, dump it on the field and say "go play...shooo".

He was the manager of the my Rangers when I was growing up. He didn't do a whole lot during his tenure here....

I know... but this Valentine really has NOTHING to offer the Red Sox.... IMHO. Baseball has changed in the way it is now more micromanaged than ever, from the high school level and beyond. From what I have seen in his commentary and analysis, he brings nothing new, refreshing or intuitive to the table.

He will be there with the equipment, dump it on the field and say "go play...shooo".
I agree. There are several better candidates out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger holds share of lead in Abu Dhabi

RIP Gary Carter...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)