MLB 2012 Postseason

Sean Mota said:
National league baseball at it's best. Somehow the Giants scored two runs without a hit

Blanco had a bunt single in there. And Pence had a single to start the rally that resulted in the first run.

Jimbo said:
True...
As a Tiger fan, I don't care, if they have to win it in SF, Great, winning it all is what they came for !

Exactly how I felt about the Giants winning in Texas in 2010. And I'll have no problem if the same happened this year. Winning the series is all important, where it happens is irrelevant.

Exactly how I felt about the Giants winning in Texas in 2010. And I'll have no problem if the same happened this year. Winning the series is all important, where it happens is irrelevant.

Sure it would be nice to win it at home, but not necessary.

I think most of us expected this one to go 6 or 7 games anyways, gotta lose some to get to 6 and 7 .

dangue said:
Blanco had a bunt single in there. And Pence had a single to start the rally that resulted in the first run.

Point being that those 2 runs were scored without a single. This is how the Giants play. Not waiting for the big bat to push runs but to take the opportunity of base on balls and breaks. AL teams don't play like this. The Detroit bats better come alive because the Giants have not pitched their best starters yet.

Point being that those 2 runs were scored without a single. This is how the Giants play. Not waiting for the big bat to push runs but to take the opportunity of base on balls and breaks. AL teams don't play like this. The Detroit bats better come alive because the Giants have not pitched their best starters yet.

Thats called NL baseball.

Sean Mota said:

Sorry. I forgot a smiley at the end of my post. I knew what you meant, I was just being a smart @$$.

Last series Tigers won without really much from fielder and Cabrera, not going to be the same this time around

The Tigers certainly aren't getting any breaks so far this series. Everything the Giants touch has turned to gold (diving catches in the outfield, bunt that stays fair, throw out at the plate, etc.) while everything golden the Tigers have touched turned to lead (runner thrown out at the plate instead of runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, foul ball scooped up by catcher in the batters box for double-play, line drives caught for outs instead of falling for hits).

The Giants have had all the mojo in this series, but I am hoping our fortunes change when we're back in Detroit. It will be a tough battle, but I know we can do it. Go Tigers!!!

The Tigers certainly aren't getting any breaks so far this series. Everything the Giants touch has turned to gold (diving catches in the outfield, bunt that stays fair, throw out at the plate, etc.) while everything golden the Tigers have touched turned to lead (runner thrown out at the plate instead of runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, foul ball* scooped up by catcher in the batters box for double-play, line drives caught for outs instead of falling for hits).

The Giants have had all the mojo in this series, but I am hoping our fortunes change when we're back in Detroit. It will be a tough battle, but I know we can do it. Go Tigers!!!
* A Tigers' fan's perspective of the play.... ;)

Fox gets lowest World Series Game 1 rating ever

I'm a Dish sub with the PTAT feature enabled that records all of the prime time programming on the big 4 networks. What I noticed about the last two nights was that there seemed to be more new episodes of shows on than in the past. I seem to remember that the other networks would always show reruns during the WS. Apparently, not anymore...

cosmo_kramer said:
Fox gets lowest World Series Game 1 rating ever

I'm a Dish sub with the PTAT feature enabled that records all of the prime time programming on the big 4 networks. What I noticed about the last two nights was that there seemed to be more new episodes of shows on than in the past. I seem to remember that the other networks would always show reruns during the WS. Apparently, not anymore...

Based on the two teams playing. Not much interest nationally.

salsadancer7 said:
Further proof the "fans" like the underdog but the ratings don't. If it were up to the league it would Dodgers vs. Yankees every year.

Or if the Cubs, Red Sox, were involved. There are certain teams that have a national audience. Others don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)