MLB 2012 Postseason

For the sake of projecting this out:

Let's just say the Tigers do win tonight, now you have Verlander pitching tomorrow night ( I realize that's not an automatic win for the Tigers), and suddenly going back to SF is not that unrealistic.

Now you have Fister- who has proven to be a big game pitcher- going in game 6 for a potential winner take all scenario the next night........hmmm.......... Obviously, there's a lot of if's, and's and but's in there, but when you extrapolate it out like this it doesn't seem THAT unreasonable.

****Of course, none of the above takes in account the WHITE hot Giants pitching staff. ;)

For the sake of projecting this out:

Let's just say the Tigers do win tonight, now you have Verlander pitching tomorrow night ( I realize that's not an automatic win for the Tigers), and suddenly going back to SF is not that unrealistic.

Now you have Fister- who has proven to be a big game pitcher- going in game 6 for a potential winner take all scenario the next night........hmmm.......... Obviously, there's a lot of if's, and's and but's in there, but when you extrapolate it out like this it doesn't seem THAT unreasonable.

****Of course, none of the above takes in account the WHITE hot Giants pitching staff. ;)

Tigers Staring Pitching has been just as good as the Giants, both have been Great, the weakness is if they have to get into the Tigers bullpen.

YES, this could happen, but that would mean the Tigers would have to actually SCORE some runs, which would require key hits with RISP, which hasn't been happening.

king3pj said:
I'm not saying they can't beat him twice but he is far from being the same pitcher he was in 2006. That was his rookie season.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using tapatalk 2

I wasn't commenting the likelihood of that happening. Just providing an instance where it did happen in response to the post I quoted.

Personally, I hope the Giants close it out tonight. Losing and facing Verlander tomorrow could swing momentum back to the Tigers (especially if their bats wake up). And then once that's swung, anything can happen (even if the Series would move back to SF). All that being said, I still like the position the Giants have put themselves in thus far.

I wasn't commenting the likelihood of that happening. Just providing an instance where it did happen in response to the post I quoted.

Personally, I hope the Giants close it out tonight. Losing and facing Verlander tomorrow could swing momentum back to the Tigers (especially if their bats wake up). And then once that's swung, anything can happen (even if the Series would move back to SF). All that being said, I still like the position the Giants have put themselves in thus far.

Ya think ?

A Tigers Win tonight would be a good step in the right direction ....

IF I were the Giants, I'd do everything I could to finish it off tonight.
The weather is already COLD and gonna getr worse.
Tomorrow the weather gets colder and RAIN from Sandy is foretasted for the next three days, actually tomorrow thru Thursday is scheduled for rain.
60% Monday, 50% Tuesday, 50% Wednesday and 30% for Thursday ...
So, it's possible that game 5 may not be played anytime soon.

Jimbo said:
I doubt it, J.V. was a Rookie that year and Kenny Rogers was the ACE.

I believe they said after game 1 that JV was 0-3 in the WS (which is why I assumed he took two losses in 2006). Have the Tigers been to the WS between 2006 and this year?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Off the bat, I did not expect that one to go out.

His power is deceptive. We have been seeing that all year from him. Don't get me wrong, he has hit some absolute bombs but plenty of his lazy fly balls end up carrying over the fence.

king3pj said:
His power is deceptive. We have been seeing that all year from him. Don't get me wrong, he has hit some absolute bombs but plenty of his lazy fly balls end up carrying over the fence.

The flag replay and the commentary seem to give the wind an assist on that one. If I'm the pitchers on either side, I'm very careful pitching to lefties and righties with oppo power.

The flag replay and the commentary seem to give the wind an assist on that one. If I'm the pitchers on either side, I'm very careful pitching to lefties and righties with oppo power.

Hey I'll take it. The wind may have helped but he still hit it out there. So far tonight the wind hasn't given anyone else a HR yet.

king3pj said:
Hey I'll take it. The wind may have helped but he still hit it out there. So far tonight the wind hasn't given anyone else a HR yet.

Definitely true. Good to see the crowd more lively. Very nice DP to end the top of the 4th.

A Tigers Win tonight would be a good step in the right direction ....

IF I were the Giants, I'd do everything I could to finish it off tonight.
The weather is already COLD and gonna getr worse.
Tomorrow the weather gets colder and RAIN from Sandy is foretasted for the next three days, actually tomorrow thru Thursday is scheduled for rain.
60% Monday, 50% Tuesday, 50% Wednesday and 30% for Thursday ...
So, it's possible that game 5 may not be played anytime soon.

Red Sox 1B Kevin Millar before Game 4 of 2004 ALCS, when the Yankees were ahead in the series 3-0:
"Don't let us win tonight!!"

Very well pitched game from both sides thus far. Pretty much as advertised. Pitch counts on both sides are relatively low, so barring a big inning I can see both starting pitchers getting through seven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts