MLB 2013 Season

Don't know how the Dodgers won that one. That was the worst defensive and pitching performance I've seen of them all year. Then again, it was one of their best offensive performance. They actually got hits with runners on, something they haven't done all year.

This is also their first comeback win all year. Being down 6-1 has been a guaranteed loss all year.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Reds keep winning but the Cardinals keep winning too and they get their free 4 wins now since they are playing the Royals.:rant::rant:

Wilson must have borrowed his suit.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

YUP! I completely agree. They are 2 of a kind. And there you see the Angels' woeful story of '13. They can get that big offense to put up all kinds of runs. But they have no pitching to support it. None. Sad.

Matt Kemp gives his jersey, hat, and shoes to a fan dieing of cancer

Kemp reunites with SF Dodger fan in LA

Outfielder flies young cancer patient and family in for game
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130527&content_id=48808884&vkey=news_la&c_id=la
LOS ANGELES -- Matt Kemp arranged a visit to Dodger Stadium on Monday for 19-year-old cancer patient Josh Jones and his family, three weeks after the All-Star outfielder made headlines by presenting the young man with his jersey, hat, spikes and an autographed baseball at a game in San Francisco.

"This is a dream come true for my son," said Josh's father, Steve, before the family watched the Dodgers host the Angels in an Interleague matchup on Memorial Day. "He doesn't even know what to say."

Kemp brought Josh, in a wheelchair, on to the field at Dodger Stadium to watch batting practice. Angels outfielder Mike Trout also took time from his routine to walk over and meet the young man, shake his hand, and take pictures, and Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw presented him with a bat.

"This is better than San Francisco," said Josh Jones, who flew in from Oakland courtesy of Kemp.

Kemp's growing bond with Jones began at the end of a May 5 game at AT&T Park in San Francisco, when the Dodgers star walked over to Jones and his family after third-base coach Tim Wallach told Kemp about the young man and his battle with cancer. The meeting was caught on camera, made rounds across the Internet and the story of Kemp's kindness grew.

"It's great," Wallach said. "I didn't expect it to be a story. I just was trying to give him a baseball and hopefully help make his day. As it turns out, it's been a pretty cool thing to be a part of."

Steve Jones appreciated Kemp going above and beyond.

"You don't find a lot ballplayers that would do something like that," he said. "This is too much. Matt Kemp is a great guy."

Video here: [video]http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27509113&topic_id=27301230&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_27509113&v=3[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
YUP! I completely agree. They are 2 of a kind. And there you see the Angels' woeful story of '13. They can get that big offense to put up all kinds of runs. But they have no pitching to support it. None. Sad.
For the Dodgers it has been the opposite. There starting pitching has been great, including Grienke. Their offense has sucked and their bullpen has blown a few games.

Funny that three of the few Dodgers who are earning their paychecks are Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto.

Last edited:
Funny that three of the few Dodgers who are earning their paychecks are Adrian Gonzalz, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto.
Those three, along with Kershaw, Mark Ellis, AJ Ellis, and Ryu, are the only Dodgers doing good.

Beckett is the only one from that trade that is not doing well.

Nothing against Jerry Remy, but with Rem Dawg under the weather this evening, it's quite a treat listening to Dennis Eckersley and Pedro Martinez talk about pitching! :)

Last edited:
Nothing against Jerry Remy, but with Rem Dawg under the weather this evening, it's quite a treat listening to Dennis Eckersley and Pedro Martinez talk about pitching! :)

It's kind of how Yankee fans feel when Kay isn't in the booth, which isn't often enough!

Except that they were WAY to into Pedro and ignored the game completely!!! Jacoby was at bat and they said it was Gomes!!???

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Except that they were WAY to into Pedro and ignored the game completely!!! Jacoby was at bat and they said it was Gomes!!???

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I saw that. It's bad enough when Gomes is the actual batter, we don't need him up there when it's someone else's turn. :eek:

Dodgers starting pitching continues to impress. Ryu just pitched a 2 hit shutout.

Now only if their offense will come around a little more.

The Reds have won 14 of their last 17 and yet only gained 1 game in the standings. Darn Cardinals!

Some teams are currently doing 4 games with the same team, two at home followed by two on the road. If team A beats team B for both games in the same park, does that count as a sweep? Or do they have to win all 4 to count as a sweep even though half are played at a different park?

Last edited:
Braves need some back of the bullpen help. The new kids have good arms but they are relying upon a 95 mph fastball only it seems. That ain't going to cut it at the MLB level. Losing Venters and O'Flariety has really hurt getting to Kimbrel.

Oklahoma State basketball legend Bob Kurland dies at 88

L.C. Greenwood RIP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts