MLB 2013 Season

Kershaw is coming into his own, Verlander IS in his own.
Verlander is having a bad season so far and still has as many wins as most of the top pitchers have.

Is Verlander better this year, NO, not yet, but if he continues dominating the game like he did the last two times out the rest of the year, he will end up with a fine season.

Kershaw is still very young and has only been Dominating the last 2 plus this year.
I appreciate this Thorough and thoughtful response. Thank you. I don't disagree with anything you said here.

From that can I assume you are acknowledging that Kershaw is currently the best in baseball, even if it is due to Verlander having an off year?

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

There's that false premise again in the form of strawmen and ad homonym.

There's the changing of the premise again.

Bringing it back

Have you seen him pitch?
Who is currently the best pitcher in baseball?

I would say Kershaw is this year, so far.

I appreciate this Thorough and thoughtful response. Thank you. I don't disagree with anything you said here.

From that can I assume you are acknowledging that Kershaw is currently the best in baseball, even if it is due to Verlander having an off year?

Btw, theres nothing wrong with having more than 1 great pitcher in baseball, not sure why it has to be a better than this guy or that guy thing.

I was just looking up a number, you mentioned that Kershaw doesn't get any support ... what is the avg runs he gets in games he ends up losing ? I'm just curious.

David Ortiz stinking it up big time tonight! He's 4 for 5, but they're all singles. Truly Pathetic!!

Here it is close to midnight ET, I have to work in the morning and I'm still awake watching my team play!! Oh well, I'll watch the rest of the Sox game and I'm sure Orsillo and Remy can put me to sleep!!

Btw, theres nothing wrong with having more than 1 great pitcher in baseball, not sure why it has to be a better than this guy or that guy thing.

I was just looking up a number, you mentioned that Kershaw doesn't get any support ... what is the avg runs he gets in games he ends up losing ? I'm just curious.

I found it, the poor guy is only getting 1.4 runs in his losses. Yikes.
Verlander gets a little more, he's at 3.1

Both players have similar records this year, Kershaw is 10-7, Verlander is 12-8, Kershaw's era is better, but Verlander potentially has more offense to support him, then again, the Tigers offense can suck from time to time, very streaky when they are going bad.

Thanks for the honest answer. I do appreciate it.

Even though I am a Dodgers fan, I am a bigger baseball fan. I watch several games a day, including several Verlander games each year. I have no disrespect for him at all. For the longest time he was the best in baseball and is still one of the best.

Even though I am a Dodgers fan you will also find I am also their biggest critic. When a player stinks or the team sucks, like they did mist of the year, I will call them out. Just because I think Kershaw is the best it is not because he is a Dodger, it is because I actually think he is the best. I even said do of Lincicum a few years ago even though he pitched for the dark side.

By saying he is in a league of his own it is because he pitches like he is.

BTW, even though the Dodgers are the hottest team over the last 40 games and even though the Pirates are in first, I still think the Cards are the best team in the NL.

David Ortiz stinking it up big time tonight! He's 4 for 5, but they're all singles. Truly Pathetic!!

Here it is close to midnight ET, I have to work in the morning and I'm still awake watching my team play!! Oh well, I'll watch the rest of the Sox game and I'm sure Orsillo and Remy can put me to sleep!!
Same here with the Tigers and Indians ...
Tigers JUST won it, 6-5 in 14 innings
They have won 11 straight now !

I hadn't realized that Ortiz was hitting this well, he's at .322 ... :)

Funny! :)

On a serious note. A more comparable performance would be Papi getting on base 4 times on errors, strikeout passed balls, and fielders choice, and then only looking at the fact that he got on 4 times.

I would say that would be a bad performance and more comparable to how Kershaw did. Of course you know that already because you watched Kershaw pitch. ;) :p

Last edited:
Typical Dodgers. Kershaw pitches yesterday and they score 1 run for him. Today they go out and score 13 runs for Nolasco.

Who would have thought that at this point in the season the Pirates would have the best record in baseball (Braves and Sox have more wins though)?

Indians are NOT done, IF they win the last 2 games, they are no worse off than they were coming into the series.

Well Jimbo, lost game 3 last night and when they get swept by the Tigers in game 4 tonight they will be 7 games out. Race over! So sorry to be a realist, but when you can't beat the front runner and they keep winning, it's over.

As far as contemporary use of PEDs is concerned, I just figure that if someone is playing better than I think his God given talent would permit, then he is using them but successfully masking them from detection. Of the dozen recently suspended players who just admitted to whatever they admitted to, hadn't they been passing tests during the interval when they were using them?

Ryu makes another solid start. Pitches 7 innings and giving up only 1 run. On his way to the team lead in wins at 11 with only 3 losses.

I am even more confident that he will be the NL Rookie of the Year.

Dodgers win 7 of 8 on this road trip, sweeping 4 in Chicago and winning 3 of 4 in St. Louis.

[tweet]365683808302923777[/tweet]

He gave up a total of 2 combined runs in those games. One a well pitched game and the other not so good (his last start)

The Chicago White Sox traded right fielder Alex Rios to the Texas Rangers in exchange for a player to be named later and cash, the White Sox announced Friday.

Dodgers vs Rays this weekend. First time the Rays ever been to Dodgers stadium. Could be a WS preview.

A return of James Loney too

Tonight will be tough for the Dodgers. I have to give the edge to the Rays. Their best pitcher, one of the best in baseball vs the Dodgers worst pitcher, their #8 starter.

Last edited:
Dodgers vs Rays this weekend. First time the Rays ever been to Dodgers stadium. Could be a WS preview.

Seems like there's been a lot of potential WS series matchups lately, but this one seems very realistic to me. Maybe it's the strong pitching on both teams, but I feel like a Rays-Dodgers WS is very viable.

Tonight will be tough for the Dodgers. I have to give the edge to the Rays. Their best pitcher, one of the best in baseball vs the Dodgers worst pitcher, their #8 starter.

Just as I thought. This game is already over in the second inning. Rays scored 3 runs on 3 very soft hits, an error, and 2 very bad unnecessary throws home by Puig.

The first hit was when two outfielders couldn't decide who was going to catch a ball that either could have easily caught. Since no one touched it, it is a hit.

Down by 3 to Price. That is all he needs. There is noway they will score 3 runs off him. Shame too, because Capuano didn't do anything wrong. He was just a victim of bad luck and bad play.

Add to the fact that the Dodgers are staring their B lineup and the entire team is very tired as they got in at 5am, it's a given they would lose today.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)