MLB 2013 Season

Kershaw stunk it up big time giving up 2 runs in 6 innings. Truly pathetic outing. Even worse was the lack of offense.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Giving up just 2 runs in 6 innings is not what I would call "Stinking it up". That is a great game.

Kershaw stunk it up big time giving up 2 runs in 6 innings. Truly pathetic outing. Even worse was the lack of offense....

I looked up hyperbole in the dictionary and it directed me to this post.

I'm leaning towards facetious.

High School girl, returning from Senior Prom, makes sarcastic remark, which her obtuse boyfriend takes literally.

High School girl, miffed, says, "I was beng ironic"

George Wendt replies, "Actually, you were being sarcastic. What's ironic is, you're about to graduate from high school even though you don't know the difference.

- From The George Wendt Show: Season 1, Episode 5
Prom Night: The Return (originally aired April 5, 1995, and probably never again, because the show was canceled after just eight episodes)

Last edited:
I looked up hyperbole in the dictionary and it directed me to this post.

Giving up just 2 runs in 6 innings is not what I would call "Stinking it up". That is a great game.

I'm leaning towards facetious.

High School girl, returning from Senior Prom, makes sarcastic remark, which her obtuse boyfriend takes literally.

High School girl, miffed, says, "I was beng ironic"

George Wendt replies, "Actually, you were being sarcastic. What's ironic is, you're about to graduate from high school even though you don't know the difference.

- From The George Wendt Show: Season 1, Episode 5
Prom Night: The Return (originally aired April 5, 1995, and probably never again, because the show was canceled after just eight episodes)
No, I was being serious. If you know Kershaw and his performance, by his standards, he stunk it up. He was not dominating; he did not have the control he usually has; he only pitched 6 innings; he gave up 50% more runs than he usually gives up. Yes, he did not pitch well at all.

Kershaw stunk it up big time giving up 2 runs in 6 innings. Truly pathetic outing. Even worse was the lack of offense.
This is the only part of your statement I agree with...the rest is textbook hyperbole.

In the 11 games that Kershaw has started and the Dodgers have lost, his team has "supported" him with a grand total of 17 runs.

No, I was being serious. If you know Kershaw and his performance, by his standards, he stunk it up. He was not dominating; he did not have the control he usually has; he only pitched 6 innings; he gave up 50% more runs than he usually gives up. Yes, he did not pitch well at all.

So, he had an off night, he's entitled.
Justin Verlander is having a poor year for HIM, but he still has 11 or 12 wins, but hasn't been his usual dominating self for most of the year.
Things like that happen, if you can't handle Kershaw's outing, your spoiled by his success.

That said, Verlander has appeared to be coming around, 2 very good games in a row now.

Tigers in 1st place, but close, once J.V. gets on a roll, look out, the rest of the staff has pitched very well.

This is the only part of your statement I agree with...the rest is textbook hyperbole.

In the 11 games that Kershaw has started and the Dodgers have lost, his team has "supported" him with a grand total of 17 runs.
You don't have to agree. I am basing his quality by his own standards, not by standards of most pitchers. He is in a league of his own. I watched every one of his starts since he became a dominate pitcher. I know when he is on and when he is off. If any other Dodgers pitcher gave up 2 runs in 6 innings and struggled to only do that, I may say they pitched well. But Kershaw had a very bad game. So judging by Kershaw standards, he stunk it up. He was lucky to only give up 2 runs.

You can call it hyperbole, you can call it whatever you want. I call it a stink because judged by his own standards and his own potential, it was stink.

As far as the offensive support. I have stated that over and over again. Whenever he pitches their offense seems to go to sleep. There is no reason why a pitcher with an ERA under 2 all year should have close to a .500 record, particularly on a 1st place team.

But getting a win or loss was not the determining factor of the quality of his start. Even if he got a W with this same start, I would have still said the same thing.

Last edited:
So, he had an off night, he's entitled.
Never said he wasn't entitled. When it does can we not comment on the fact that it did? That is all I did. I stated that he had one of those stinky starts. It happens from time to time and last night was one of those times. He stunk it up by his standards. He was fortunate to only give up 2 runs. There were some hard outs including this nice catch by him (one reason he is a GG winner.)

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=29475867

Let me ask one simple question. Do any of you guys watch the game? If not, then how in the heck can you possibly know how well he pitched?

If he dominated every inning, gave up one bloop hit followed by a HR on the only mistake he made the whole game, pitched 8 innings and still gave up two runs on that one mistake, then I would probably say he pitched a really good game, even by his standards.

But when the best pitcher in baseball, only pitches 6 innings, getting into jams, not having very good control, has his velocity down, and struggles through those few innings, then yes, it is possible for that to be a stinky start. And since none of you seen the game, then your critique of it has little meaning.

Last edited:
You don't have to agree. I am basing his quality by his own standards, not by standards of most pitchers. He is in a league of his own. I watched every one of his starts since he became a dominate pitcher. I know when he is on and when he is off. If any other Dodgers pitcher gave up 2 runs in 6 innings and struggled to only do that, I may say they pitched well. But Kershaw had a very bad game. So judging by Kershaw standards, he stunk it up. He was lucky to only give up 2 runs.

You can call it hyperbole, you can call it whatever you want. I call it a stink because judged by his own standards and his own potential, it was stink.

As far as the offensive support. I have stated that over and over again. Whenever he pitches their offense seems to go to sleep. There is no reason why a pitcher with an ERA under 2 all year should have close to a .500 record, particularly on a 1st place team.

But getting a win or loss was not the determining factor of the quality of his start. Even if he got a W with this same start, I would have still said the same thing.

LMAO !!!

I guess if you only count the NL . :rolleyes:

LMAO !!!

I guess if you only count the NL . :rolleyes:
You think that is funny? I'll ask you the same question above. Have you seen him pitch? Not the occasional part of a game here and there. I mean, actually seen him pitch. Most baseball experts, players, scouts, coaches, ect will tell you he is the best in baseball.

Do you know what his ERA is vs the AL this year? It's 0.00

He's been the MLB ERA leader the last 3 consecutive years

Last edited:
You think that is funny? I'll ask you the same question above. Have you seen him pitch? Not the occasional part of a game here and there. I mean, actually seen him pitch. Most baseball experts, players, scouts, coaches, ect will tell you he is the best in baseball.

Do you know what his ERA is vs the AL this year? It's 0.00

He's been the MLB ERA leader the last 3 consecutive years

He's been relevant for 2.5 years now ...

Another year or two of excellent pitching and he might be in Verlander's status.

Don't get me wrong, I like him very much and yes I've watched him pitch ... thou not every game obviously.

Last edited:

He's been the best in baseball for 3 years, meaning he is currently the best. Are actually going to dispute this?

One thing I notice whenever I discuss sports with you, you tend to constantly ignore facts that contradict points you make and change the premise of the discussion with each post.

Another year or two of excellent pitching and he might be in Verlander's status.

Who is currently the best? Kershaws worst games are like what he pitched yesterday.

He's been the best in baseball for 3 years, meaning he is currently the best. Are actually going to dispute this?

One thing I notice whenever I discuss sports with you, you tend to constantly ignore facts that contradict points you make and change the premise of the discussion with each post.

And I notice you don't give respect to anyone other than YOUR guys.

Verlander has been doing much longer than Kershaw has, Verlander is the player that Kershaw tries to emulate.

Who is currently the best? Kershaws worst games are like what he pitched yesterday.

Kershaw is coming into his own, Verlander IS in his own.
Verlander is having a bad season so far and still has as many wins as most of the top pitchers have.

Is Verlander better this year, NO, not yet, but if he continues dominating the game like he did the last two times out the rest of the year, he will end up with a fine season.

Kershaw is still very young and has only been Dominating the last 2 plus this year.

'08 was a bad year for J.V.
From the looks of it, JV will end up with probably about 17+ wins this year while struggling thruout the first half.

And I notice you don't give respect to anyone other than YOUR guys.
There's that false premise again in the form of strawmen and ad homonym.
Verlander has been doing much longer than Kershaw has, Verlander is the player that Kershaw tries to emulate.
There's the changing of the premise again.

Bringing it back

Have you seen him pitch?
Who is currently the best pitcher in baseball?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)