MLB 2013 Season

Twins made a game of it today after JV left.

Tigers late guys come thru and they win today 4-2.

Fwiw, J.V. got the Win and it was his 1st Opening day win.

Till today he had been 0-1 with 4 ND in 5 years.

The Dodgers had an awesome opening ceremony. Not only the best ever by them, but one of the best I have ever seen in baseball.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I agree completely. That "switch" from Magic to Sandy sent chills all over my body!!!!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hey they just broke it open. 3 - 1 in the 13th.

Yes, and that is great. However I cannot remember a game with so many missed opportunities. Mike will not be pleased. But a win (should they achieve that lofty goal) on Opening Day is a fine thing.

BTW, I am still trying to process Kirshaw's performance today. One for the ages!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Another Opening Day, another Mets win. Ho-Hum. :bored: 44-10 on Opening Day since 1970. Too bad they have to play the other 161 games. :cry:

Are we doing predictions on here?

Yankees lose today. You should hear the fans and media saying that the Yankees are going to finish in last place. I doubt that very much.

This inter-league play, LA Angeles & Cincinnati Reds

I think it sucks. I bet my Dad and my Uncle Paul, my Uncle Bob and Aunt Lu and my Aunt Lorrane and Uncle Mudd are all rolling over in their graves. Not one of them missed a baseball game either went to the game or listened to the games on the radio.

Me too. It was always a treat to see two teams who never/rarely played each other when it got to the World Series. Interleague cheapens this quite a bit.

People who grew up watching Gil Hodges and Bobby Thompson can't figure out who to root for, either.

Or listing to Harry Carey, Vin Scully, Mel Allen.....watching Sandy Koufax, Mickey Mantle, Duke Snyder, Don Drysdale to name a few.

He guys, I didn't get in till after game time, had to work, but what is the patch the teams are wearing all about ?

Don't know. I got home about the 7th inning.

Reds got their lead-off guy now, too bad the rest of the team decided to not hit.

Reds got their lead-off guy now, too bad the rest of the team decided to not hit.
Don't worry. Weaver is one of the best starters in baseball. Unfortunately for the Angels, he is also their only really good starter. After CJ Wilson, they do not have much.

Don't worry. Weaver is one of the best starters in baseball. Unfortunately for the Angels, he is also their only really good starter. After CJ Wilson, they do not have much.

He only pitched 6 innings though. The other 7 innings they didn't hit either.

Looking forward to seeing more of Jackie Bradley Jr. The kid had never played beyond AA, and yesterday finds himself as the starting LF on Opening Day in Yankee Stadium! The experts are saying that JBJ is an early favorite for AL ROY. Obviously it's way too early to even speculate on that (the kid could even end up in Pawtucket at some point), but it's refreshing to see the Red Sox with a young talent like this.

Looking forward to seeing more of Jackie Bradley Jr. The kid had never played beyond AA, and yesterday finds himself as the starting LF on Opening Day in Yankee Stadium! The experts are saying that JBJ is an early favorite for AL ROY. Obviously it's way too early to even speculate on that (the kid could even end up in Pawtucket at some point), but it's refreshing to see the Red Sox with a young talent like this.

I would bet money he ends up in triple A just so they can delay his Arbitration eligibility and his free agency by another year.

I would bet money he ends up in triple A just so they can delay his Arbitration eligibility and his free agency by another year.

Great point Ramy! Unfortunately in this day and age of baseball, you obviously have to look at the economic side, and not just if a player deserves a spot on a ML roster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)