MLB 2015 Season

How incredibly asinine is the MLB schedule? With an odd number of teams in each league, there always has to be at least one interleague series. Well this weekend, MLB in their infinite wisdom, scheduled the two Florida teams against each other. Why would they do this in early April, when they could have a cold weather team visit either Miami or St. Pete? I don't know about anyone else, but I find this beyond ridiculous!

How incredibly asinine is the MLB schedule? With an odd number of teams in each league, there always has to be at least one interleague series. Well this weekend, MLB in their infinite wisdom, scheduled the two Florida teams against each other. Why would they do this in early April, when they could have a cold weather team visit either Miami or St. Pete? I don't know about anyone else, but I find this beyond ridiculous!
I'm with you, first, I HATE the Interleague games, even though the Tigers have done pretty well in them.
I still think they should do away with them.
Also, it would not be all that hard to have the Northern teams either start the season in a warm climate or in a dome .... but No, this is the MLB.

Maybe the new Commish will fix this, eventually.

I'm with you, first, I HATE the Interleague games, even though the Tigers have done pretty well in them.
I still think they should do away with them.
Also, it would not be all that hard to have the Northern teams either start the season in a warm climate or in a dome .... but No, this is the MLB.

Maybe the new Commish will fix this, eventually.
The Red Sox have historically fattened up against the NL, but I'm with you, the novelty has more than worn off. And I agree that they should try harder putting cold weather teams on the road the first week against Western, Southern or dome teams. To have the first two interleague series, Boston at Philly and the two Florida teams playing each other is, well ,arse backwards.

The Red Sox have historically fattened up against the NL, but I'm with you, the novelty has more than worn off. And I agree that they should try harder putting cold weather teams on the road the first week against Western, Southern or dome teams. To have the first two interleague series, Boston at Philly and the two Florida teams playing each other is, well ,arse backwards.
I also think it's way too early to have interleague series going, the year hasn't even started barely, the Tigers play the Pirates next week I believe .... then again, thanks to that &%*(& Selig, were stuck with this ...

I also think it's way too early to have interleague series going, the year hasn't even started barely, the Tigers play the Pirates next week I believe .... then again, thanks to that &%*(& Selig, were stuck with this ...
Unfortunately with an odd number of teams in both leagues, we'll always have at least one interleague series

Is it too early to ask when football season starts? The Rangers are already done this season. I'm a fan and all but they are horrible again this year.

So far the Red Sox are looking pretty good this season,as long as Hanley Ramirez stays healthy. I understand the logic why they traded Cespedes away,but I wished they had kept him as insurance in case Ramirez ever does get injured. A team surprising me so far right now are the Braves,because I thought that they would stink this season.

So far the Red Sox are looking pretty good this season,as long as Hanley Ramirez stays healthy. I understand the logic why they traded Cespedes away,but I wished they had kept him as insurance in case Ramirez ever does get injured. A team surprising me so far right now are the Braves,because I thought that they would stink this season.
With all the outfielders and offense the Red Sox have, unless Cespedes can pitch, trading him for a pitcher as a no-brainer.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
Tiger fans are happy to have someone in the outfield that can throw someone out .... they now have speed and good arms in the outfield for the first time in ages.
Cespedes and Martinez have very good arms, Cesp and Gose/Davis have speed ...should be an interesting year.

With all the outfielders and offense the Red Sox have, unless Cespedes can pitch, trading him for a pitcher as a no-brainer.
As long as everybody stays healthy,although I think the Red Sox CAN still win if Ramirez does get hurt,I'd go so far as to say that I see the Red Sox as a lock to make the World Series. I know that it's waaaaaaay too early to make such a prediction,& 6 months is a long time,but I just believe that this team will go far this season.

As long as everybody stays healthy,although I think the Red Sox CAN still win if Ramirez does get hurt,I'd go so far as to say that I see the Red Sox as a lock to make the World Series. I know that it's waaaaaaay too early to make such a prediction,& 6 months is a long time,but I just believe that this team will go far this season.
If their rotation can pitch great all year long.

Personally, I wouldn't say Anyone is a lock to make the WS THIS early in the year

A lock? No way. There is no "great" team in the AL, so it is POSSIBLE. But they need to address their pitching or they're not going anywhere. Not saying that the Sox have to be the second coming of the '72 Orioles, but they do need to improve drastically. As far as Hanley Ramirez goes, the Sox have more than enough outfield depth to sustain a short term injury. As it is, they have a $72 million outfielder that didn't even break camp with them.

A lock? No way. There is no "great" team in the AL, so it is POSSIBLE. But they need to address their pitching or they're not going anywhere. Not saying that the Sox have to be the second coming of the '72 Orioles, but they do need to improve drastically. As far as Hanley Ramirez goes, the Sox have more than enough outfield depth to sustain a short term injury. As it is, they have a $72 million outfielder that didn't even break camp with them.
I don't know,I just have a good feeling about the Red Sox this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)