MLB 2021 Season

When the Red Sox got swept in the opening 3 game series of the 2021 season to the Orioles at Fenway (and looked like absolute dog dung in the process), the fan base was rightfully vilifying the Red Sox on social media and local talk shows. Even more so coming out of their disastrous Covid shortened 2020 season. So when the Red Sox were unexpectedly very good- even having the best record in the entire AL as recently as two weeks ago- the Red Sox Twitter account sent out this tweet.

IMG_5822.JPG

Talk about a tweet not aging well…….

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Was that a Single A pitcher they had in the 9th ?

No. That was Phillips Valdez. He came into a game against the Yankees a couple of weeks ago after Rodriguez got hurt and had something like 8 strikeouts in 3 innings. He saved the Dox bacon in that series.

August is widely known as a graveyard of sorts when it comes to the sports calendar, but today is loaded for me.

The Red Sox and Patriots play at 4:00 and 7:30 respectively. They’re both playing at home, and it’s a real scorchahh here in Massachusetts today with a heat index of 107 degrees. Beyond that is a very special event tonight on FOX. The Yankees and White Sox are playing each other at the “Field of Dreams” in Iowa. That is a must see for any true baseball fan.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

August is widely known as a graveyard of sorts when it comes to the sports calendar, but today is loaded for me.

The Red Sox and Patriots play at 4:00 and 7:30 respectively. They’re both playing at home, and it’s a real scorchahh here in Massachusetts today with a heat index of 107 degrees. Beyond that is a very special event tonight on FOX. The Yankees and White Sox are playing each other at the “Field of Dreams” in Iowa. That is a must see for any true baseball fan.

Tonight my agenda (if I can stay wake that is, is....
Watch Football ... Steelers game (if on) Pats and WFT if not.
Then I'll check in onm the Tigers as Miguel Cabrera is sitting at 499 HR's ... so hopefully any day now he can get #500.

Tonight my agenda (if I can stay wake that is, is....
Watch Football ... Steelers game (if on) Pats and WFT if not.
Then I'll check in onm the Tigers as Miguel Cabrera is sitting at 499 HR's ... so hopefully any day now he can get #500.

The Steelers-Eagles game is on live here. That’s only because WTF-NE is blacked out on NFLN.

The Steelers-Eagles game is on live here. That’s only because WTF-NE is blacked out on NFLN.

Right, thats because you have the Pats on your Local network AND you get the other game as well, the rest of the country does not.

How do the Steelers O Line look and how about Najee Harris ?

Both I'm sure are out of the game by now.

Right, thats because you have the Pats on your Local network AND you get the other game as well, the rest of the country does not.

How do the Steelers O Line look and how about Najee Harris ?

Both I'm sure are out of the game by now.

Sorry, I was back and forth between the Field of Dreams game and the Pats game.

Red Sox have activated Kyle Schwarber before tonight’s game. They have DFA’d Martin Gonzalez to make room for him on the roster. Probably six of one, half a dozen of the other, but I would have DFA’d Danny Santana instead. Gonzalez hasn’t been any great shakes, but he brings defensive versatility to the table. IMO, Santana is completely useless.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
Stole this from a Red Sox fan website that I’m a member of. It expresses my feelings to a T.

Funny what happens when a team that made an effort to improve at the deadline faces a team that decided it would rather win the Baseball America prospect headlines. This starts at the top with Bloom and is a damning first mark on his tenure. Every other team that added in July keeps winning, and here we are out of the playoff picture on a sinking ship. Speaks volumes.

• Wow
Reactions: Jimbo
Stole this from a Red Sox fan website that I’m a member of. It expresses my feelings to a T.

Funny what happens when a team that made an effort to improve at the deadline faces a team that decided it would rather win the Baseball America prospect headlines. This starts at the top with Bloom and is a damning first mark on his tenure. Every other team that added in July keeps winning, and here we are out of the playoff picture on a sinking ship. Speaks volumes.
I agree with this assessment ....

Reactions: BillD1984

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts