MLB 2021 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Per the Elias Sports Bureau, this will mark just the second time in the modern era and the first instance since Sept. 7, 1901, that such a matchup has occurred.
The last instance of such streaks being put on the line occurred when the Pittsburgh Pirates (winners of 10 straight) took on the Philadelphia Phillies (winners of nine in a row).

Per the Elias Sports Bureau, this will mark just the second time in the modern era and the first instance since Sept. 7, 1901, that such a matchup has occurred.
The last instance of such streaks being put on the line occurred when the Pittsburgh Pirates (winners of 10 straight) took on the Philadelphia Phillies (winners of nine in a row).
You've got to be kidding me .... (slow sports day apparently) This is the 1st time the yankees have potentially one 10 games in a row ..... ???

Wow, if you listen to any sports news from the east side of the country, you'd think that was the norm.

You've got to be kidding me .... (slow sports day apparently) This is the 1st time the yankees have potentially one 10 games in a row ..... ???

Wow, if you listen to any sports news from the east side of the country, you'd think that was the norm.
This is the first time 2 teams have met each with a 9 or more game win streak since 1901.

For the first time in nearly 120 years, two teams carrying winning streaks of nine games or more will face off when the New York Yankees travel to Atlanta to begin a brief two-game series against the Braves.

That just means that no 2 teams have been HOT long enough at the same time.

I'm glad Your impressed, I'm not.
I do enjoy those random sports stats. Baseball seems to have the majority of those unknown trivia questions.

They will NOT be THIS BAD the rest of the season ...

Btw, when does Bloom get fired ?

Bloom is not going anywhere, despite getting raked over the coals by the fan base and talk shows for his apathetic showing at the trade deadline. Henry, Warner and Kennedy love him. And now today his BIG (install sarcasm emoji) waiver pickup hit a walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 10th.

Bloom is not going anywhere, despite getting raked over the coals by the fan base and talk shows for his apathetic showing at the trade deadline. Henry, Warner and Kennedy love him. And now today his BIG (install sarcasm emoji) waiver pickup hit a walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 10th.
This is the same Kid that Cora was joking about, having played with his Dad, right ?

I come here to make a confession. A buddy of mine said to me back in mid-late June that the Red Sox should have traded Matt Barnes. I called him crazy!! Barnes was having a career year. He made the AL All-Star team in his first year as a closer. You could even have made the argument that he was the best closer in baseball over the first half. My buddy’s argument was that water always seeks it’s own level and that eventually Barnes would return to his former middling middle reliever status. He said the Sox should sell high on Barnes and that they could have probably received a haul. Instead Bloom signed him to an extension right before the ASB, and now Barnes has turned into the pumpkin that my buddy predicted. My problem is thus- if Bloom didn’t think enough of his team to add a piece or 2 to a first place team at the trade deadline, because he wanted to stick to “The Plan”….then fine, I didn’t agree with it but at least you have a plan. If “The Plan” is indeed to build for the future, then why wouldn’t you flip a hot commodity like Barnes while the fire was still hot?? It’s like Red Sox management is playing it both ways, and it’s very confusing as a fan.

I have more of an issue of them starting the season in late March in the Northeast.
I agree, don't know why they don't change the start of the Season to May 1st and 144 games ...
Actually, I'd be happy if they would go back to the 1st week in April like it use to be ... might still be too early, weather wise, however, they COULD start everyone in Southern Cities, or Domes.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I agree, don't know why they don't change the start of the Season to May 1st and 144 games ...
Actually, I'd be happy if they would go back to the 1st week in April like it use to be ... might still be too early, weather wise, however, they COULD start everyone in Southern Cities, or Domes.
The dome warm cities idea seems too logical for MLB to accept.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Red Sox win 4-3 tonight over the Guardians despite only getting 3 hits. This is the kind of game they’ve been losing since the ASB. Grand Theft Otto(vino) tonight in Cleveland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts