MLB 2021 Season

Absolutely!! Considering where the Red Sox were in the standings and what their glaring needs were, what Bloom did/didn’t do at the deadline is akin to front office malpractice
Fwiw, the Astro's didn't do a whole lot and are also struggling since the break.

I think Bloom thought that ... well, we don't need pitching, were getting Sale back.
WHY on earth he didn't go out and sign RIZZO Immediately is beyond me, he was the obvious and best fit available and he dropped the ball.

Fwiw, the Astro's didn't do a whole lot and are also struggling since the break.

I think Bloom thought that ... well, we don't need pitching, were getting Sale back.
WHY on earth he didn't go out and sign RIZZO Immediately is beyond me, he was the obvious and best fit available and he dropped the ball.

Rizzo (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) was THE biggest need. First Base has been a black hole all season (including defensively). Think about it Jimbo, in all your years following baseball how many teams have regularly batted their 1B 9th? That just speaks volumes. Could they have used another pitcher? Of course, who couldn’t? Even though the Sox starters have not consistently get out of the 6th inning all season long, they were pretty decent until recently ( I wouldn’t argue with an upgrade over either Perez or Richards) And their bullpen was surprisingly a strength and it deep, but because the Sox starters haven’t gone deep in games the bullpen has been overused and has started to take on water.

Rizzo (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) was THE biggest need. First Base has been a black hole all season (including defensively). Think about it Jimbo, in all your years following baseball how many teams have regularly batted their 1B 9th? That just speaks volumes. Could they have used another pitcher? Of course, who couldn’t? Even though the Sox starters have not consistently get out of the 6th inning all season long, they were pretty decent until recently ( I wouldn’t argue with an upgrade over either Perez or Richards) And their bullpen was surprisingly a strength and it deep, but because the Sox starters haven’t gone deep in games the bullpen has been overused and has started to take on water.
They sure have had thier share of swings up and down this year.
Looking pretty bleak at the moment, heres hoping for that swing back to the good side soon.

Reactions: BillD1984
Hey, at least they got Travis Shaw back…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right??!! Although I thought Travis Shaw was a little too upscale for Chaim Bloom’s taste.

Perhaps Bloom got confused and thought he was bringing back Sam Travis- and not Travis Shaw -to the Red Sox organization?

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
Awesome news!! The Red Sox won’t lose today!! Their game against the Rangers today at Fenway was cancelled due to Hurricane Henri! At the same time, it’s too bad. I was looking forward to how they were going to top last night’s epic performance of 5 errors and giving up 10 runs to a glorified AAA lineup. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.

Awesome news!! The Red Sox won’t lose today!! Their game against the Rangers today at Fenway was cancelled due to Hurricane Henri! At the same time, it’s too bad. I was looking forward to how they were going to top last night’s epic performance of 5 errors and giving up 10 runs to a glorified AAA lineup. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.

The Sox have never lost to the tarp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at the standings and the Red Sox are tied with the A’s for the second AL wildcard. Why does it feel like they’re 10 games out of a playoff spot, and they’re just playing out the string?.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I just looked at the standings and the Red Sox are tied with the A’s for the second AL wildcard. Why does it feel like they’re 10 games out of a playoff spot, and they’re just playing out the string?.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
It will turn back around ... give it some time ....
The problem is compounded when TB continues to win most days.

It will turn back around ... give it some time ....
The problem is compounded when TB continues to win most days.

AND the Yankees!! I admire your optimism here Jimbo and I want to be a believer, but unfortunately I’m just not seeing it.

Were they ever good, or just lucky that the Yankees were bad.
Yes, they were Very Good.
In the first half of the season .... they didn't play the yankees every game.

I hate it when people take credit away from a team stating that the OTHER team was just bad.

yankees are suppose to win it every year, when they don't it becaue of the yankees Not that the rest of the league was better.

Yes, they were Very Good.
In the first half of the season .... they didn't play the yankees every game.

I hate it when people take credit away from a team stating that the OTHER team was just bad.
The Red Sox were at best a third place team this year. I doubt they assumed they would start off as hot as they did.

The Red Sox were at best a third place team this year. I doubt they assumed they would start off as hot as they did.
They were in 1st place most of the 1st half ... and thats WITHOUT Chris Sale.

Btw, the yankees were the ones Not playing.
Iirc, they were 7-9 game out of 1st at the All Star Break.

No, no one expected the Sox to start off as well as they did .... but they DID.

They were in 1st place most of the 1st half ... and thats WITHOUT Chris Sale.

Btw, the yankees were the ones Not playing.
The Yankees were forecast to be 1st all season. They didn't play great for 2 months. Most of that due to the lineup that was built. The Red Sox were rebuilding and never supposed to be contenders. The Rays always start off slow and end up better the second half.

The Yankees were forecast to be 1st all season. They didn't play great for 2 months. Most of that due to the lineup that was built. The Red Sox were rebuilding and never supposed to be contenders. The Rays always start off slow and end up better the second half.
ok ....

So, we may as well not play the season .... sounds like it already pre determined.

yankees are always SUPPOSE to be Great and Unstoppable ....
Which is exactly why people HATE THEM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)