MLB 2021 Season

Just looking at the current MLB standings, and the top 6 teams are all in 2 divisions- the AL East and the NL West.

Joe West is on track to break the record of MLB games umpired tonight, 5,376 games.

Lonesome Cowboy: Joe West prepared to stand alone among umpires
And they booed him when they announced it at the park.
Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean much anymore seeing they let most of the teams in the playoffs .... what do they do now, 50 % ?

It means absolute squat...especially in May. Just an observation. That being said, I think we’ve had a large enough sample size to see that we’re going to have a few barn burner pennant races this year. A lot of parity.

Reactions: Jimbo
It means absolute squat...especially in May. Just an observation. That being said, I think we’ve had a large enough sample size to see that we’re going to have a few barn burner pennant races this year. A lot of parity.
I'm also expecting the AL West to be a back and forth all year with the Astros and A's and maybe Seattle.

Do you think that the Giant can hang wit the Dodgers and Padres over the long haul ?

Reactions: BillD1984
I'm also expecting the AL West to be a back and forth all year with the Astros and A's and maybe Seattle.

Do you think that the Giant can hang wit the Dodgers and Padres over the long haul ?

No, I don’t expect the Giants to hang with either the Padres or the Dodgers. Obviously anything is possible, but I don’t see them challenging the Padres or Dodgers over the long haul. However, I do think the Giants can challenge the Cardinals, Cubs and Brewers for the second NL wildcard.

Anybody with access, should turn on the Boston vs Tampa game real soon ... its been Very good what I've seen of it ...
0-0 into the 8th inning, only 4 hits all night, what a game between 2 top teams.

Detroit Tigers Beat the Astros today on a squeeze play in the 10th inning.
Tigers split the series, that shows improvement for them ....
I believe the Astros only had 1 hit into the 7th.
Tigers have some rising Pitching once they get some experience, they could be good if they get players in the field.
They have a few now, but I think they will be traded for more parts ... seems to be what they do.

Reactions: worstman1
I think the team that threw one this year (was it SF) that threw a 7 inning No hitter and they didn't credit them with one because it was only 7 inning, no fault of thier own, DH I think.
They can't say, hey, can we play 2 more innings ?

No one got a hit during the time frame of the called Game, it should go down as one.

Fwiw, a No hitter is a HUGE feat, if you give up a walk because the Ump missed a call should not deter from the feat.

That said, a Perfect game is a step up from even that !

Nolan Ryan is the No No King as far as I'm concerned, I think he had 7 (no, I'm not looking it up).
How many of them were Perfect games, any ???
I watched Nolan's career from afar ... up here in the mid west.

I also keep an eye on Justin Verlander .... back in his Prime, you could tell early if he had IT.

A typical outing for JT was giving up 3 or 4 hits over 8 innings ...
I use to watch very closely till he gave up his 1st hit .... I would continue to watch, but after the 1st hit, I could also do other things while watching.

Thank You JT for a Steller Career, hope to watch you for many more years ....

I blinked and the Red Sox suddenly have a 5 game lead over the Rays, 8 over the Jays and 10 over the Yankees. That developed fast!!

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)