MLB 2021 Season

A couple of Red Sox minor leaguers pulled from their respective games. Could it be a trade or just a coincidence?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Hey Bill,
I just read (rumor mind you) that not only Rizzo to the Sox but Kimbrel as well ...
Do you want Kimbrel back ?
I think the Closer end of the Sox is looking good already.

Hey Bill,
I just read (rumor mind you) that not only Rizzo to the Sox but Kimbrel as well ...
Do you want Kimbrel back ?
I think the Closer end of the Sox is looking good already.

I would take him back on the caveat that he’s not the closer…..that’s now Matt Barnes job. However, it never hurts to add depth, and with the propensity of Sox starters generally going 5 innings you need depth. Whitlock, Sawamura and Houck in the middle innings, with Taylor, Ottavino, Hernandez and Kimbrel setting up seems like a good recipe to shorten games. With Sale looking very good in his rehab, I think a rotation of Sale, Eovaldi, Rodriguez and Pivetta is a decent enough rotation with that bullpen backing them up.

The gauntlet has been thrown down by the Rays in the AL East race. The Rays acquire Nelson Cruz from the Twins.

I would take him back on the caveat that he’s not the closer…..that’s now Matt Barnes job. However, it never hurts to add depth, and with the propensity of Sox starters generally going 5 innings you need depth. Whitlock, Sawamura and Houck in the middle innings, with Taylor, Ottavino, Hernandez and Kimbrel setting up seems like a good recipe to shorten games. With Sale looking very good in his rehab, I think a rotation of Sale, Eovaldi, Rodriguez and Pivetta is a decent enough rotation with that bullpen backing them up.
I NEVER felt comfortable when Kimbrel was pitching ...

I NEVER felt comfortable when Kimbrel was pitching ...

Kimbrel was trick or treat, especially in the 2018 Red Sox championship season. It’s ironic because the Sox went wire to wire that year- 108-54 regular season and 11-3 postseason (including 7-1 against Yankees, Astros and Dodgers on the road). A team isn’t usually that consistent when their closer is up and down.

• Wow
Reactions: Jimbo
We're gonna like this Duran guy :biggrin

Yes, he’s gonna be special. With Devers, Bogaerts, Verdugo, Kike Hernandez and now this kid, the future looks bright for the Red Sox offense. Unfortunately, the Cleveland Guardians aren’t doing the Red Sox any favors. They are losing once again to the Rays.

BTW, looking forward to the first Guardians-Angels series

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
Yes, he’s gonna be special. With Devers, Bogaerts, Verdugo, Kike Hernandez and now this kid, the future looks bright for the Red Sox offense. Unfortunately, the Cleveland Guardians aren’t doing the Red Sox any favors. They are losing once again to the Rays.

BTW, looking forward to the first Guardians-Angels series
Haha was for the Indians ummm I mean Guardians comment ... lol

I hear the Indians are going to trade with the yankees for Brett Guardner ...
I Think You Should Leave Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

Reactions: BillD1984
Valdez gets the Game Ball tonight ... Devers Too. :)

Phillips Valdez!!! Called up today when the Sox put Sawamura on the IL, and comes in when the starting pitcher goes down with runners at second and third with one out in the second inning with the Sox losing 1-0. He proceeds to get out of that jam and pitches 3 scoreless innings with 7 K’s. Talk about improbable!!

Phillips Valdez!!! Called up today when the Sox put Sawamura on the IL, and comes in when the starting pitcher goes down with runners at second and third with one out in the second inning with the Sox losing 1-0. He proceeds to get out of that jam and pitches 3 scoreless innings with 7 K’s. Talk about improbable!!
Fortunately, Rodriguez was NOT injured ...

Cora sitting Vazquez, Dalbec and Renfroe today. I’m interested to see if Franchy Cordero’s minor league success translates to the big leagues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)