MLB 2021 Season

How is it legal for MLB players to wear FULL SIZED MITTENS on the baspaths ...
How do you know if a guy stealing a base is actually on the base or not with a mitten coming into the bag ?

Thats just dumb.

Reactions: raoul5788
Apparently, espn is in NEW YORK, seeing all you ever see on thier headline on thier website is the about 10 game out NY yankees .....
Are the yankees gonna buy or sell ...

WTF cares what the 10 games out teams are going.

So tired of hearing about them .... I hope they lose the REST of thier games.

Apparently, espn is in NEW YORK, seeing all you ever see on thier headline on thier website is the about 10 game out NY yankees .....
Are the yankees gonna buy or sell ...

WTF cares what the 10 games out teams are going.

So tired of hearing about them .... I hope they lose the REST of thier games.
Looks like they're buying getting Joey Gallo from Texas Rangers.

Kyle Schwarber to the Red Sox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I obviously like the addition of his bat, but I just don’t understand where he plays defensively. Schwarber has played only one inning at first base in his ML career. Does he go to LF and move Verdugo to CF? Does he DH and move JD to LF? Schwarber is a negative defensive outfielder, and one of the strengths of the Red Sox this year has been outfield defense.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I obviously like the addition of his bat, but I just don’t understand where he plays defensively. Schwarber has played only one inning at first base in his ML career. Does he go to LF and move Verdugo to CF? Does he DH and move JD to LF? Schwarber is a negative defensive outfielder, and one of the strengths of the Red Sox this year has been outfield defense.
After the Red Sox acquired the outfielder via trade with Washington on Thursday night, Alex Speier of The Boston Globe reported that the team will try him out at first base to see if he can handle it.

“According to major league sources, the Red Sox will give him a look at first, a position that might help him as he returns from his hamstring injury, while also rotating him in as an outfield corner and designated hitter,” Speier wrote.

Red Sox Will Try Kyle Schwarber At First Base

Funny thing is, playing first base is where Christian Arroyo suffered a hamstring injury in his first attempt playing he position....

After the Red Sox acquired the outfielder via trade with Washington on Thursday night, Alex Speier of The Boston Globe reported that the team will try him out at first base to see if he can handle it.

“According to major league sources, the Red Sox will give him a look at first, a position that might help him as he returns from his hamstring injury, while also rotating him in as an outfield corner and designated hitter,” Speier wrote.

Red Sox Will Try Kyle Schwarber At First Base

Funny thing is, playing first base is where Christian Arroyo suffered a hamstring injury in his first attempt playing he position....

I feel like they’re going to be shuffling Schwarber, Martinez, Arroyo, Hernandez, Verdugo, Renfroe and Duran between DH, 1B, 2B and the 3 outfield positions.

I agree 10000000 %
Where the hell do they plan on playing him, the outfield is stacked ... unless they send Duran down.
I've heard he'll play in the outfield (where or why I don't know) as well as DH and 1b
The guy has never played 1b, why do they think he suddenly can step in and do any better than anyone else.
He's gonna take JD's bats from the sound of it.

If thye were smart, they would have gotten Rizzo EARLY , like we were all talking about.
When it was clear that the yankees were going to outpay the Sox they should have went to Carlos Santana, at least he can PLAY 1b.
I hope they don't give up on Duran this quickly.

I agree 10000000 %
Where the hell do they plan on playing him, the outfield is stacked ... unless they send Duran down.
I've heard he'll play in the outfield (where or why I don't know) as well as DH and 1b
The guy has never played 1b, why do they think he suddenly can step in and do any better than anyone else.
He's gonna take JD's bats from the sound of it.

If thye were smart, they would have gotten Rizzo EARLY , like we were all talking about.
When it was clear that the yankees were going to outpay the Sox they should have went to Carlos Santana, at least he can PLAY 1b.
I hope they don't give up on Duran this quickly.

I doubt very much that Schwarber will get JD’s at bats, but I do think they will mix and match. With Arroyo coming off the IL soon, I think Duran is probably getting sent down anyway (they can always move Hernandez to CF in an emergency). I’m very skeptical that they can get Schwarber to play an effective 1B at this stage of the season. That said, I do like having his bat somewhere in the lineup. It will definitely lengthen out their lineup.

Bill, did they do Anything today at all, I had to work and couldn't get any info.

I don't like the Schwarber trade at all.

They added a couple of fringe relief pitchers. They got Hansel Robles from the Twins and Austin Davis from the Pirates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts