MLB 2022 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I also don't know anything about the other player the Astros acquired, Trey Mancini ...

Mancini has had a good ML career. He missed the entire 2020 season because he was undergoing treatments for colon cancer . A very solid pickup for the Astros.

IMG_0469.JPG

Reactions: Jimbo
Eric Hosmer has invoked his no trade clause and will not be going to Washington as part of the Juan Soto trade. One would think this would have been resolved BEFORE a deal was announced. ‍♂️

Reactions: Ziptied
The deal will still happen regardless of where Hosmer ends up. Been a Padres fan since back in the Pacific Coast League days at Westgate Park. The lack of commitment from ownership has always been a road block for the Friars. No excuse now. Time to gitter done.

Hosmer apparently is heading to Boston....

WTF is Bloom doing??!! If they added Hosmer and Pham and kept Vazquez at least there would be a consistent plan there. By trading Vazquez, they were basically punting the rest of the season (which I was fine with).

WTF is Bloom doing??!! If they added Hosmer and Pham and kept Vazquez at least there would be a consistent plan there. By trading Vazquez, they were basically punting the rest of the season (which I was fine with).
So, if Hosmer is in Boston, thats a huge upgrade as hes an ACTUAL 1B .... vs the players the Sox have been throwing out there the last few years. (Since Papi left really) ... How much more Hosmer has left is unknown ... does Dalbac go back to the bench, or traded ? And Cordero ? at least 1 will stay I would imagine.

I've been to San Diego once in my life, it was beautiful and a good time ... I came down from LA, which was just the opposite.
Expensive, but I'd love to live there ...
1 Problem, I don't speak Spanish.

So, if Hosmer is in Boston, thats a huge upgrade as hes an ACTUAL 1B .... vs the players the Sox have been throwing out there the last few years. (Since Papi left really) ... How much more Hosmer has left is unknown ... does Dalbac go back to the bench, or traded ? And Cordero ? at least 1 will stay I would imagine.

I agree 100% that Hosmer is better than anything that the Red Sox have been trotting out at 1B, but they have highly touted prospect Triston Casas waiting in the wings. The fact that they traded their starting catcher and Hosmer is signed through 2024 makes it all very confusing. Are they trying to make the postseason? Are they pointing to 2023 and beyond? It’s like they have one foot in and one foot out.

A couple interesting tidbits:

Eric Hosmer is a career .354 hitter at Fenway Park. 99 ABs.

Hosmer attended the same high school as Red Sox prospect Triston Casas (American Heritage in Plantation, Fla.) and has worked with the youngster since he was a teenager.

I agree 100% that Hosmer is better than anything that the Red Sox have been trotting out at 1B, but they have highly touted prospect Triston Casas waiting in the wings. The fact that they traded their starting catcher and Hosmer is signed through 2024 makes it all very confusing. Are they trying to make the postseason? Are they pointing to 2023 and beyond? It’s like they have one foot in and one foot out.
The fact that when they desperately needed help at 1B .... they haven't given Casas a shot is a bit confusing ... has he been up at all ?
Heres hoping they don't trade him .... :eeek

A couple interesting tidbits:

Eric Hosmer is a career .354 hitter at Fenway Park. 99 ABs.

Hosmer attended the same high school as Red Sox prospect Triston Casas (American Heritage in Plantation, Fla.) and has worked with the youngster since he was a teenager.

I read that a little while ago. Makes you wonder if this is why Bloom swooped in when Hosmer refused his trade to the Nationals.

The fact that when they desperately needed help at 1B .... they haven't given Casas a shot is a bit confusing ... has he been up at all ?
Heres hoping they don't trade him .... :eeek

Casas had been hurt, but just recently returned and has been raking in AAA.