MLB 2022 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Casas had been hurt, but just recently returned and has been raking in AAA.
Good, bring him up !

Trade deadline is now over ... 6 pm est .... did the Sox move anyone else ...
Hopefully JD is still there.
Devers and Bogaerts are still there with Story, so they still have a core of people, they added a real 1B ... Evoldi is still there ... haven't heard any thing otherwise .... they need to relax and play ball and get into the playoff picture ... quickly ...

Pressure is now OFF due to the trade deadline ... start playing well ... I know thats the opposite of how they HAVE been playing, but you never know. Pressure is a strange thing.

Btw, Astros say Thank You for Vazquez ... :)

It would be really bizarre if the Red Sox made the playoffs and faced the Astros.

Reactions: BillD1984
Good, bring him up !

Trade deadline is now over ... 6 pm est .... did the Sox move anyone else ...
Hopefully JD is still there.
Devers and Bogaerts are still there with Story, so they still have a core of people, they added a real 1B ... Evoldi is still there ... haven't heard any thing otherwise .... they need to relax and play ball and get into the playoff picture ... quickly ...

Pressure is now OFF due to the trade deadline ... start playing well ... I know thats the opposite of how they HAVE been playing, but you never know. Pressure is a strange thing.

Btw, Astros say Thank You for Vazquez ...

It would be really bizarre if the Red Sox made the playoffs and faced the Astros.

With Devers returning tonight, and Story and hopefully Kike Hernandez not far behind, the Red Sox have definitely lengthened their lineup. They’re keeping JD and have added Hosmer and Pham. That will be a very good lineup 1-8 with the catcher batting ninth. They’re also getting Wacha and Hill back in their starting rotation (it looks like Paxton might be shutting down for 2022). So on paper everything is looking up. However, I don’t feel good about them going anywhere because of the loss of Vazquez. Give me one example of a team that traded away their starting catcher and went deep in the playoffs. I can’t think of any, but I’m not surprised. Catchers like Vazquez just don’t grow on trees. Overall do I think the Red Sox improved their roster? Yes, but modestly. Do I now feel better about the Red Sox chances this season ? Definitely not. Very, very strange trade deadline indeed.

It will be interesting to see how the Astros play Vazquez ....
Maldanado is a VERY good Catcher, somewhat below avg hitting .... which I think is why they got Vazquez, he is very good defensively from what I recall ... and hopefully a much better hitter, I know he's clutch, thats always good.

I thought they said he was going to play tonight, but he's not in the starting line up.

The Astros were looking at Wilson Catreres from the Cubs, much better bat than Maldy, but from what I hear, isn't much on the defensive side.

I'm very happy Vazquez is here, hes a much better option.

It will be interesting to see how the Astros play Vazquez ....
Maldanado is a VERY good Catcher, somewhat below avg hitting .... which I think is why they got Vazquez, he is very good defensively from what I recall ... and hopefully a much better hitter, I know he's clutch, thats always good.

I thought they said he was going to play tonight, but he's not in the starting line up.

The Astros were looking at Wilson Catreres from the Cubs, much better bat than Maldy, but from what I hear, isn't much on the defensive side.

I'm very happy Vazquez is here, hes a much better option.

I read somewhere that Maldonado will more than likely get 60% of the starts (with Verlander definitely being one of them). They can also have Vazquez pinch hit for Maldonado late in games. Most importantly, Vazquez is great insurance in case something happens to Maldonado.

• Love
Reactions: Jimbo
I read somewhere that Maldonado will more than likely get 60% of the starts (with Verlander definitely being one of them). They can also have Vazquez pinch hit for Maldonado late in games. Most importantly, Vazquez is great insurance in case something happens to Maldonado.
Astro brought in Mancini to play 1B as Gurriell has had a rough year at the plate .... however, since the trade rumors have started (Gurriell isn't going anywhere) he's hitting like .350+ in the last month :eeek
Gurriell is a Fantastic Defensive guy.
Think he saw what was happening and picked it up considerably !!!!

Reactions: BillD1984
Astro brought in Mancini to play 1B as Gurriell has had a rough year at the plate .... however, since the trade rumors have started (Gurriell isn't going anywhere) he's hitting like .350+ in the last month :eeek
Gurriell is a Fantastic Defensive guy.
Think he saw what was happening and picked it up considerably !!!!

Mancini can also play the outfield. That helps with Brantley still out. Like I said last night, I can’t say enough about the deadline moves the Astros made. I think the Astros and Padres won this year’s trade deadline. It would be interesting if they met in the World Series.

I'm just glad that the yankees didn't buy everyone this year.

Speaking of spending .... How do the Padres with all thier High Dollar players now, stay under the Cap, or don't they ???

I'm just glad that the yankees didn't buy everyone this year.

Speaking of spending .... How do the Padres with all thier High Dollar players now, stay under the Cap, or don't they ???

I don’t see how they won’t go over the luxury tax. They also picked up Brandon Drury from the Reds today. He has 20 HR’s and 59 RBI’s this season. So in the last 24 hours they have added Soto, Bell, Hader and Drury.

I don’t see how they won’t go over the luxury tax. They also picked up Brandon Drury from the Reds today. He has 20 HR’s and 59 RBI’s this season. So in the last 24 hours they have added Soto, Bell, Hader and Drury.
And they ALREADY had 3 or 4 high dollar players.

Yes!! Incredible stretch after a terrible start. As always, I don’t think they’re as bad as their start or as good as this stretch. Bookmark this date though. The Red Sox are now 39-31, and after a day off tomorrow they face a 6 week gauntlet like they’ve never seen before.

From Friday night through Aug. 3rd:

@ CLE (3)
@ TOR (3)
@ CHC (3)
TB (3)
NYY (4)
@ TB (4)
@ NYY (3)
ASB
TOR (3)
CLE (4)
MIL (3)
@ HOU (3)

That is one hell of a stretch, and the 2022 Red Sox story will be written over the next 6 weeks.

Checking back in now that the 6 week gauntlet has concluded. The Red Sox went a very disappointing 14-22. If you told me before this 6 week stretch started that the Red Sox would start this stretch with a 3 game sweep in Cleveland and conclude it by taking 2 out of 3 in Houston, I would have said sign me up. The problem is in between they went 9-21.

• Sad
Went there many times with my dad. The area is a shopping center now.
Yep. My childhood home overlooked Westgate Park on the north rim of Mission Valley. Spent many a day wandering in and around the demo'ed stadium and Fashion Valley Mall construction zone.

AL East since July 1-

Baltimore: 18-9
Toronto: 15-13
Tampa Bay: 15-14
New York: 14-15
Boston: 10-20

AL East since July 1-

Baltimore: 18-9
Toronto: 15-13
Tampa Bay: 15-14
New York: 14-15
Boston: 10-20
I find Toronto to be the disappointing one in the division so far .... Yes they are in 2nd place, but 11 GB ???
Baltimore is on a great run for them, and just now went over .500
Boston, if were being honest, we didn't expect a Great season.

• Haha
Reactions: AZ.
Bill, I was listening to SiriusXm MLB network today.
They discussed the Red Sox some, they looked at thier trade moves and were wondering if they now are leaning towards signing Bogaerts ...

Bill, I was listening to SiriusXm MLB network today.
They discussed the Red Sox some, they looked at thier trade moves and were wondering if they now are leaning towards signing Bogaerts ...

I heard that as well.

Eric Hosmer making his Red Sox debut tonight, and also playing his first game in Kansas City since signing with Padres after the 2017 season. He received a very nice standing ovation from the Royals crowd. The irony is the Padres will be playing in KC in a couple of weeks, so Hosmer would have missed out on his homecoming.