MLB 2022 Season

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Today’s starting lineup. I think Cora is sending a message, but it isn’t to his players.

IMG_0356.JPG

Why didn’t Cora “Billy Martin” Duran’s butt out of the game? I get that he lost the ball, but that doesn’t explain Duran’s lack of hustle going after the ball. Duran hasn’t built up anywhere near the equity to stay in the game after that. Besides, Cora needs to send a message.
Your Exactly right ...
I couldn't believe it when he just stood there watching the ball on the track ... I'm sure he figured the LF was backing him up (and it took awhile for him to get there) ... that doesn't mean he can not even try to go get the ball.
InEXcusable

Your Exactly right ...
I couldn't believe it when he just stood there watching the ball on the track ... I'm sure he figured the LF was backing him up (and it took awhile for him to get there) ... that doesn't mean he can not even try to go get the ball.
InEXcusable

Absolutely!!! The only thing more embarrassing is the Red Sox seemingly apathetic attitude about it. I don’t care how shorthanded you are, Cora needed to send a message and failed miserably. Not to mention that Refsnyder (arguably their best hitting outfielder over the last month) was sitting on the bench today.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Absolutely!!! The only thing more embarrassing is the Red Sox seemingly apathetic attitude about it. I don’t care how shorthanded you are, Cora needed to send a message and failed miserably. Not to mention that Refsnyder (arguably their best hitting outfielder over the last month) was sitting on the bench today.

June was fun, wasn’t it?

Reactions: BillD1984

June was fun, wasn’t it?

It would figure that on the same night Franchy Cordero makes 3 errors that Andrew Benintendi would get traded to the Yankees. What an absolute miserable month for the Red Sox.

Bill,
With the current state of the Red Sox AND the Trade deadline being Wednesday ....
JD is probably gone and several others ...

What about Xander, do they send him away now or during the off season ....
I doubt they want to pay both Xander and Devers.

By the start of next year, at least 1 of them will be gone.

IF they actually post that Xander is available, he would automatically go to the top of the list for many teams.

Bill,
With the current state of the Red Sox AND the Trade deadline being Wednesday ....
JD is probably gone and several others ...

What about Xander, do they send him away now or during the off season ....
I doubt they want to pay both Xander and Devers.

By the start of next year, at least 1 of them will be gone.

IF they actually post that Xander is available, he would automatically go to the top of the list for many teams.

Apparently Bogaerts has been told he won’t be traded. I take that with a serious grain of salt. Also, Bogaerts is a 10/5 guy, so he can veto any trade. I do think JD and perhaps Eovaldi and Vazquez will be gone by Tuesday afternoon.

Apparently Bogaerts has been told he won’t be traded. I take that with a serious grain of salt. Also, Bogaerts is a 10/5 guy, so he can veto any trade. I do think JD and perhaps Eovaldi and Vazquez will be gone by Tuesday afternoon.
I just read earlier today that the Astros may be looking at Vazquez ... well see.

Considering that the Brewers are leading the NL Central, this is quite a shocker!

The Red Sox have traded catcher Christian Vazquez to the Astros. The Red Sox start a 3 game series in Houston tonight. Vazquez is a quality catcher and a clutch hitter. This is the type of move that could be the difference in winning a championship.

Reactions: Jimbo
Red Sox have also traded reliever Jake Diekman to the White Sox for catcher Reese McGuire. Getting rid of Diekman’s contract for McGuire seems like a “happy ending” to me.

The Red Sox have also acquired outfielder Tommy Pham from the Reds.

Red Sox have also traded reliever Jake Diekman to the White Sox for catcher Reese McGuire. Getting rid of Diekman’s contract for McGuire seems like a “happy ending” to me.

The Red Sox have also acquired outfielder Tommy Pham from the Reds.
Trading Diekman and getting anyone, is a positive ... don't know anything about McGuire.

Have heard positive from Phan.

Trading Diekman and getting anyone, is a positive ... don't know anything about McGuire.

Have heard positive from Phan.

The crazy thing about Diekman is the contract Bloom signed him to. Two years/$8 MIL with a third year team option. Gotta believe that the Red Sox will be on the hook for some of that money.

I see the yankees got Frankie Montas from the A's ....
I think that was a move for them directly looking at the Astros, I believe he has pitched very well against the Astros.

For some reason, a lot of the A's (and Mariners for that matter) play very well against the Stros ...
I guess some teams just have your number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts