MLB 2022 Season

I see MLB has decided to keep the STUPID .... lets quicken Extra Innings by keeping the Free runner on 2nd base rule.

This has Got to GO ...
Well I didnt know that, thanks for the heads up....Looks like lots of double headers this year, are the 7 inning also?

I didn't much like the announcers on the Apple broadcast either, but the picture quality was excellent.

Massive numbers of complaints about Apple TV glitches, despite the customer’s internet being just fine and able to pull up other videos.

This for a single baseball game of no particular national import, lost among a full slate of games, on the least TV watching day of the week.

Just not ready for prime time.

Massive numbers of complaints about Apple TV glitches, despite the customer’s internet being just fine and able to pull up other videos.

This for a single baseball game of no particular national import, lost among a full slate of games, on the least TV watching day of the week.

Just not ready for prime time.
I didn’t watch the Astros game live, but I see the game was available on my AppleTV. The picture quality looks fantastic (I wonder if it’s 4K HDR?) and the stats and graphics are nice and readable.

The commentary is bad, no doubt about it. It’s like you went to a ball game and the people behind you wouldn’t STFU. I wonder if Apple will give us a game sounds only audio option.

edit: Okay, pretty awesome moment when Heidi, the roaming correspondent, is interviewing Jeremy Peña’s parents at the 2:00:00 mark of the broadcast and he hits his first Major League Home Run!

Last edited:
Tried to get the Apple+ tv app on my Sony TV, says they dont support it?....So much for viewing tonight's MLBs ball game!..

Tried to get the Apple+ tv app on my Sony TV, says they dont support it?....So much for viewing tonight's MLBs ball game!..
I got the same thing on my Sony Oled TV.
Thinking it might need a update ... possibly ... then again it's apple were talking about.

I got the same thing on my Sony Oled TV.
Thinking it might need a update ... possibly ... then again it's apple were talking about.
I ended up using Google Chrome browser and casted it to the Sony TV......Was not happy how Apple wants your credit card info, and try to trick into a 7 day trial!

If you don’t want Apple to have your Credit Card, use an Apple gift card. They just want your money and the Gift Card was how we set up my son’s account back in the day.

If you don’t want Apple to have your Credit Card, use an Apple gift card. They just want your money and the Gift Card was how we set up my son’s account back in the day.
Well for one game on a Friday night, never knowing anything about apple tv and how it works. Being disabled and not driving would take lots of planning to get to a store that has the gift card. Some things arnt as simple as they seem...and they sure didnt need my card for a FREE GAME!

I don’t think it is unique to Apple, pretty much any monthly service will want a payment method on hand to charge once the free introductory period is over.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
I don’t think it is unique to Apple, pretty much any monthly service will want a payment method on hand to charge once the free introductory period is over.
Sad but true ...

Most everyone you have to make an account ...
Once you make an account with anyone, your no longer anonymous ....
They have your info and where to find you.
Even the Free trials require an account, much to my dismay.

Thats one reason I am not on FB ... I can not even LOOK at FB to see if I like it and would like to join, without making an account.
I don't want to give my info to anyone, just to see if I want to join.