MLB Division Games not in HD for Puerto Rico Dish Customers

holy_devil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Ponce, Puerto Rico
My sister call me today, to tell me she can't see the MLB GAMES IN HD, apparently Dish block both feeds of TBS (Sd&Hd). The games are only available thru local channel Wapa2 which is Sd. My sister brought a 722vip receiver about a month ago, she's really mad about this.:mad: I'm not sure this is Dish fault, but I know one thing for sure, Puerto Rico customers always get screw in HD related programmng. I will try to find more info with other providers. If someone from Directv PR or cable can see the games in HD please reply.

Since Puerto Rico technically is considered International for MLB rules that is right. You would be blacked out on TBS & FOX. The fact that the local stations isnt HD is irrelevant.

I know as example for MLB game of the week on Fox the Puerto Rico Fox station doesnt show it but the Virgin Islands Fox (owned by same folks as PR Fox) can. (the PR/VI nets are on C-Band satellite too)

My sister call me today, to tell me she can't see the MLB GAMES IN HD, apparently Dish block both feeds of TBS (Sd&Hd). The games are only available thru local channel Wapa2 which is Sd. My sister brought a 722vip receiver about a month ago, she's really mad about this.:mad: I'm not sure this is Dish fault, but I know one thing for sure, Puerto Rico customers always get screw in HD related programmng. I will try to find more info with other providers. If someone from Directv PR or cable can see the games in HD please reply.

This is the same thing every year because MLB treats PR as international They sold the rights to WAPA and that's why they are going to show it there well I dont care my Fighting Phillies are there!

WAPA supposedly have a HD station...which is a joke...since I have never seen any HD on it...everything is 4:3 boxed...so dont know if they will have the MLB in HD.

This is not new. Every year TBS is blacked out here for playoffs.

The point is..if the playoffs are on TBS. Dish & local Cable (supposedly Directv also) is suppose to blackout the TBS playoff signal & have the MLB playoff on WAPA.

I can confirm that Dish, Onelink & Liberty had the TBS MLB playoff signal blackout or replaced by some other channel signal eg Onelink had CNN HLN on TBS channel during MLB playoff blackout.

folks- TBS & FOX are blacked out in PR. The WAPA 2 feed is from TBS and has tbs watermarks and logos visible. The NLDS championship and the World Series will be on FOX. order the Sobongo national HD channels and you will not get blacked out. $20.00 per month for either nationals for Chicago or LA feeds.

BTW- I enjoy NFL sunday HD with the LA feeds- selected games are closely matched with NYC feeds. There are no NYC east coast HD nationals available- just Chicago or LA

This been happenning since 2001, guys we are in better shape than other years. Yes I really want to have all my games on HD, but for all other year the games were offered via Channel 13 which only cover like half the island. Cable companies do have that channel but Dish subs were screwed. Wapa 2 is on Dish and can be get via OTA on the entire insland. Also the picture quality is way better than our local FOX and specially CBS.

Finally Sobongo(old All American Direct) lowered the cost for the Networks on HD to $12.99 I have the Chicago feed, so all my NFL games and Super Bowl on HD....

Go Bears!!!

I know we are having this problem for a long time, but most people dont know why. Its time for us to educate people to let them know whats happening. I wrote something on Wapa facebook's page. I hope someone in Wapa understand what people want. I just hope that by next year we get to see the games on hd on wapa2. I know dish wont carry it, but at least we can see it ota. I think is better to ask Wapa than to ask the MLB to fix the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts