MLB EI / Phillies feed?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
We are now at game number 4 of the season, and have been 2 games (including tonight) that the Phillies feed is not available. What is the problem DirecTV ?

I guess we will see if we get the Phils feed tonight.....
Tonight's game is on a channel called TCN that I doubt D* has rights to. I noticed on the Phillies schedule that a number of the games in April are on TCN, probably because Comcast is airing either 76ers or Flyers games and I don't think they have an alternate channel. I'm fairly certain once a regular schedule occurs, most Phillies feeds will be shown just like last season.

This sucks... Why doesn't D* do something about this during the offseason to make sure they will have access?

This sucks... Why doesn't D* do something about this during the offseason to make sure they will have access?

Things are a lot better than they used to be. For many years we never received the Phillies feed but since the last contract renewal of EI, the Comcast Philly feeds have been mostly included, and recently the WPHL channel 17 feeds have also been included. At least the game is available through SNY, the Mets carrier, on EI, so all is not lost. The only real sure way to have access to all the feeds is to subscribe to MLB.TV because apparently they have rights to all of the feeds since they are the parent sports league. I have always said that if D*, or any other carrier, shells out multi millions of dollars for rights to this package, and we as subscribers pay handsomely for the games, ALL games and ALL feeds should be made available. I think it is ridiculous that in addition to paying a fortune for rights to the package, it must also negotiate rights from individual stations to carry the games in the package. The feeds of the games should be automatically part of the package fee that D* pays. But alas greed is everywhere these days!

Hemi 6.1 said:
Yes But in the Philly DMA only MY 57 is available.
The others will be blacked out.

So you're saying that we will not receive the CSN feeds as we did all season last year?

TCN is CSN + but U head that TCN is not locked down like CSN Philly (But comcasts uses TCN to press other cable systems to pay for it to get CSN Philly +) RCN does not have it or used to not have it. the odd think this they did not do this with CSN CHI in past when CSN + was on the comcast only cltv and cable only mojo HD. Odd thing is they still say watch CSN + on CLTV or saying for most views even when it's SD only and the HD channel is on fixed number on all area comacst systems (old mojo hd slot) listed in the comcast guide as CSN+HD or infohd. CLTV is not as it was a old XX channel in the analog rage (with each headend have it's own channel nubmer from the pre comcast days.

About 2-3 years they used to also say watch on directv in HD on that alt channel with the -1 in and they also for a time even used the old number after the rsn renumbing on D*.

so comcast uses TCN that is like the comcast network in other areas for CSN alt but in Chicago they use the old FSN + and sports channel + slots that be was moved to CLTV in 1993.

Then you should have no issue viewing any Philly sports with the proper sports packs.

Sorry I confused you with another member who has NY RSN's while Philly locals.

Lots of Philly Questions around.:)

D* doesn't carry Comcast Philly, so I'm not sure how you can watch that Feed.

I think thats why there is such a demand for this channel.

I can't recall getting Philly feeds last year.

DodgerKing is a huge MLB EI fan, You should PM him, or Maybe he'll show up, and he could help you better.

I had MLB EI last year, But very Few Philly games did watch. If they were playing the Yankees, I was watching it on YES, or MY 9 or MY 53.

All of which don't require MLB EI for me!

I got MLB EI as a free promo, so I really had no use for it.

I looked at the program guide this morning and it showed 2 channels for this afternoon's Phils game. I scheduled both of them to record. Get home and there is only the SNY feed!!! Why even put the 2nd channel on the guide if they know it won't be carried?!?!?!?

FYI via Twitter :

We do not provide CSN at this time. We are still in discussions with the programmer so stay tune to directv.com/tunein.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)