Mlb Spring Training Broadcasts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arneycl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Odon, IN
Anyone know if someone broadcasts the Spring Training games? If so, who? I don't believe it is covered under the MLB Extra Innings. I'm interested in seeing the Yankees Spring Training games. I searched and didn't see where they YES Network carries Spring Training games either. Any ideas?

i was able to watch some spring training games last season on the RSN's before extra innings was made available.

ESPN covers quite a few games as well. I am sure the RSN's will be carrying Spring Traninig games more and more every year. A Yankees fan:( Go Indians:)

Get yourself sports pack for the month of March - they are several RSNs that do them on the weekends, and even some during the week.

Look at the team calander schedules on MLB to see what networks they are on and you can get an idea. Most of the TV schedules are out, but not all.

I know the cubs have broadcast starting March 1.

I've done my homework, I'm excited, and LOVE watching spring training, nothing like it :)

Yup. It's a day-to-day thing but you've got to get the Sports Pak for the month. Once the regular season starts you can only get the games through extra innings. I live in Cleveland and there is a lot of programming from YES blacked out, but last year they did let the spring training games through.

Speaking of....I can't figure out why/when certain baseball related programming, classic games, etc. are blacked out. Sometimes I can watch a classic game on an RSN during the winter and sometimes they are blacked out. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to these blackouts. Anybody know about this?

NESN has posted its complete pre-season and regular season TV broadcast schedule. NESN will televise the Red Sox v. Yankees at Tampa, 1 PM Sunday Mar. 17.

Dana

* Note. Apparently, NESN goofed on the day of the week. March 17, 2008 is a Monday. At least the Yankees know what day of the week it is. :eek:

Last edited:
Yankees’ spring training TV schedule released

Date Opponent Time
Sunday, March 2: PHILADELPHIA 1:15 p.m.*
Wednesday, March 5: MINNESOTA 1:15 p.m* (also on ESPN)
Friday, March 7: HOUSTON 1:15 p.m.*
Saturday, March 8: TAMPA BAY 1:15 p.m.*
Tuesday, March 11: TORONTO 1:15 p.m.*
Thursday, March 13: PITTSBURGH 1:15 p.m.*
Saturday, March 15: TAMPA BAY 1:15 p.m.*
Sunday, March 16: CLEVELAND 1:15 p.m.*
Monday, March 17: BOSTON 1:15 p.m.*
Tuesday, March 18: at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg) 3 p.m.
Thursday, March 20: at Toronto (Dunedin) 1:05 p.m. (also on ESPN)
Saturday. March 22: TORONTO 1:15 p.m.*
Sunday, March 23: at Pittsburgh (Bradenton) 1:05 p.m.
Tuesday, March 25: at Cleveland (Winter Haven) 1:05 p.m.
Thursday, March 27: PITTSBURGH 1:15 p.m.*

* — high-definition telecast
Home games (Tampa, Fla) in CAPS

Pete Dougherty - Sports television media blog - Best Seat in My House » Yankees’ spring training TV schedule released - timesunion.com - Albany NY

Dana

Spring Training

Hello MLB Lovers, Spring Training is coming so soon and I'm waiting umpatiently to watch the games. I prepared myself to attend as much as possible of the games even if smetimes ticket are gone sky high. Last year, I missed some games only because of tickets.
Fortunately, this year I couldn't find that problem. A friend has recommended me a site to compare prices before deciding where to book. I'll reserve in advance where I see that
prices are reasonable. You may need to use it:
MLB Tickets: MLB Baseball Ticket @ Ticketwood
Spring Training Tickets
I wish good luck to all teams. I hope they'll begin good season after the Spring Training.

Yeah, I was hoping to catch some Cardinals spring games on TV since I am unable to make it to Florida this year

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)